PDA

View Full Version : SR Vac Nipples

bundi
07-09-2009, 08:16 AM
hah nipples! :poosie:

On the redtop throttle body there are 3 nipples.. two on top (one big, one small) and one on the bottom.

I went to install my boost gauge yesterday before it rained and noticed that the guys that had done my swap for me hooked up my FPR and my BOV to the little one on top and my Actuator to the large one. The lower one was just capped off.

Thinking that it would be best for the BOV to have it's own line I switched it to the bottom nipple.

It appears that it doesn't function the same way as the top.. and after taking another look at it, it looks like it's farther forward in relation to the throttle plate.

Long story short... is the bottom one supposed to behave differently than the top two? How should I re-arrange this then? I have done a bunch of searching and haven't found any consistent answers.

sr20s14zenki
07-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Bottom one does nothing. Use the big one to run wastegate and bov. Use small one on top for for and boost guage. That's pretty ameteur work there. Get what you pay for I guess .

bundi
07-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the reply, and yeah, unfortunately there's not many options down here, what I do like is that I can trust these guys, even though there may be a few minor glitches here and there.

bundi
07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
fixed it up... wow what a difference! car runs much better overall :D

It's funny... I thought the car was running pretty good before.. but now I definitely notice that it fixed a few things.

No bog after shifting (faster/more accurate WG response?)
BOV sounds better... it had a slight stutter before
Car ran slightly rich and backfired a bit before, even though my FPR was set properly.. just thought maybe it was because of no-cat.

I'd be interested in hearing why it fixed these problems though.. just so I understand it a bit more.