PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Lifeform in North Carolina Sewer

snoop101
07-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow no one has posted this yet on here.....

With 3.3 million+ YouTube views in the past two days, the video “Unknown Lifeform in North Carolina Sewer” (below) is taking the web by storm, becoming the most viewed video this week and beating out a performance of Michael JacksonMichael Jackson’s Thriller. The clip, which shows an alien-looking life form living in a North Carolina sewer, was posted along with a claim that it was extra-terrestrial life.

Today mainstream news has taken notice and corrected the myth: the video is indeed real, scientists say, but the strange creature is very much a terrestrial phenomenon. News14 writes:

Ed Buchan, environmental coordinator at the Raleigh Public Utilities Department, said staff biologists have confirmed that the “creature” is actually a colony of tubifex worms. The colonies attach themselves to roots that gradually work themselves into weak points in the pipes. “They seem to respond to the light from the camera,” Buchan said. “That light is pretty hot.”

The worms naturally occur in sewage and pond sediment and are actually sold both live and dried as fish food in pet stores. He said other staff members in the department have seen it before, although sightings aren’t particularly common. “I’ve seen a lot of sewer TV before and I’ve never seen them,” he said. “We were surprised. We didn’t know immediately what it was.”

It’s unclear what made the clip such a YouTubeYouTube phenomenon: most likely it’s explained by the mystery surrounding the strange creature, much like last year’s Montauk Monster mystery.

Im at work so I couldent check if this is the correct link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcKpx2DxGwY
I watched it last night and its fricken freaky.

finboy
07-09-2009, 05:37 PM
http://blog.blinkbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/fluke.jpg

ReflexFX
07-09-2009, 05:39 PM
i thought the comments confirmed that that was just a colonoscopy...

5000Audi
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
cool

Jeremiah
07-09-2009, 06:27 PM
step on it!!

JAYMEZ
07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
:repost: last week. Something about Aliens or whatever lol.. Anywho I posted in it