PDA

View Full Version : Nissan GTR newest ringtime!

911fever
07-10-2009, 08:26 AM
We're starting to get the feeling Nissan is a permanent fixture at the Nürburgring, as the duo of GT-R and driver Toshio Suzuki keep coming up with new times at the famed German racetrack. Back in April, the former F1 driver took a revised GT-R through the 'Ring in 7:27:56, prompting Porsche to call Balderdash, saying that a stock GT-R isn't nearly that fast. Now Suzuki and a right-hand drive Godzilla teamed up to produce an even better time of 7:26.70, and taped it all nice and official so they can show the world.

After the jump is video proof of the speed and agility of the infamous GT-R, being driven by one of the 'Ring's few true masters. The video contains the full 7:26.70 of Suzuki going full-tilt with what looks like just enough fuel to get across the finish line, and an engine constantly in the 6,000-7,000 RPM range from start to finish.

If you think you've seen one too many 'Ring laps, take it from us that the last 30 seconds is incredible. Suzuki goes all-out to get the best time possible, and from the vantage point of the in-car camera, we feel like we're right there next to him -- except we find ourselves feeling for the brake while Suzuki keeps his foot on the gas.

I9KXIPCQYC4

Mar
07-10-2009, 08:51 AM
The only time a Suzuki will get around a race track that fast! :burnout:

black13
07-10-2009, 09:58 AM
wow impressive and nice video, it was like playing Gran Torismo 5.

GQBalla
07-10-2009, 10:08 AM
that was sweet, lol look at the fuel gauge throughout the vid

heavyD
07-10-2009, 10:30 AM
So Nissan's penis is bigger than Porsches? Not sure why they continue the pissing contest. Nürburgring or not one car will be a Porsche and the other will always be a Nissan.

Doozer
07-10-2009, 10:40 AM
That was a surprisingly fun video to watch, regardless of the pissing match. There are definitely a few corners that I'm sure I would've plowed straight into at those speeds.

A speedo would've been nice to see, but overall that was a pretty decent video to watch for 7.5 minutes.

a social dsease
07-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Does anyone even care anymore? Why does nissan have to keep putting out these videos, what are they trying to prove? Nobody gives a crap....

That said, great video, amazing driving. I just wish Nissan would get over the stupid ring time crap etc, the car has been out for a year now and everyone knows how well it does or doesn't perform.

Mar
07-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by a social dsease
Does anyone even care anymore? Why does nissan have to keep putting out these videos, what are they trying to prove? Nobody gives a crap....

That said, great video, amazing driving. I just wish Nissan would get over the stupid ring time crap etc, the car has been out for a year now and everyone knows how well it does or doesn't perform.
I've been eagerly waiting for this video since last fall when they said they'd return to do another pass. Some people care about things you don't.
I'm very surprised they were able to beat it with a factory tuned version.

DayGlow
07-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by a social dsease

Porsche should fire back by launch controlling one of their cars 10x in a row.

962 kid
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nismodrifter
07-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Best post I've read in a longggggggggggggggggggg time.

ahahah

BlackArcher101
07-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't say it was between 6000-7000 the entire time.

Boosted Gtir
07-10-2009, 08:07 PM

pissed myself a little

boarderfatty
07-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I dont know... It was defenitley impressive driving, but was not nearly as exciting as watching crazy clutch as shifting incorperated into it.

heavyD
07-10-2009, 08:28 PM
What's with that dashboard? The middle console looks like an aftermarket project. The console below the screen looks like it was added at the last minute. Just another area the Porsche is superior.

Scope951
07-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Figuring nobody believed them is probably a fairly good reason to release this video.

obviously a porsche is above par on many things the GTR is not but it is clear that it is a fast and capable car and is comparable in those aspects to the porsche.

Originally posted by heavyD
What's with that dashboard? The middle console looks like an aftermarket project. The console below the screen looks like it was added at the last minute. Just another area the Porsche is superior.

did not realize the video was about the dash:dunno: thought it was about who was faster.:whocares:

BokCh0y
07-11-2009, 01:05 PM
goddamn that was fast. i pissed a little towards the end hahaha.:thumbsup:

D911
07-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Ho-lee,
that video was intense.

heavyD
07-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Scope951

did not realize the video was about the dash:dunno: thought it was about who was faster.:whocares:

Well since I was forced to look at the dash throughout the video. Dolt.:banghead:

Cody D
07-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
I dont know... It was defenitley impressive driving, but was not nearly as exciting as watching crazy clutch as shifting incorperated into it.

I have trouble understanding why people still think manual transmissions are the only way to go, paddle shifters are clearly superior, I understand some people enjoy manually shifting more but if you want to race paddles are the way to go.

Redlyne_jr
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM

lol:clap:

Skyline_Addict
07-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Cody D

I have trouble understanding why people still think manual transmissions are the only way to go, paddle shifters are clearly superior, I understand some people enjoy manually shifting more but if you want to race paddles are the way to go.

i think he was implying that it's more fun to watch pedal and shift work, not that it's more efficient than a properly matted "paddle shift" transmission.

Cody D
07-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
i think he was implying that it's more fun to watch pedal and shift work, not that it's more efficient than a properly matted "paddle shift" transmission.

Ah I see.

Scope951
07-12-2009, 02:46 PM

soloracer
07-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Scope951

Speaking of Porsche, Scope951 does the 951 in your name stand for the 944 Turbo?

Tram Common
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Neat. Good on Nissan to fire back. We're talking about sports cars here...it's nothing BUT a dick measuring contest...even if nobody cares.