PDA

View Full Version : Bud Light Lime VS Big Rock Lime

Pollywog
07-10-2009, 10:13 PM
While I don't normally drink light beer, I have been drinking quite a bit of both recently and am interested in everyone else's thoughts on the two competing lime infused light beers.

My personal thoughts:
Bud Light Lime
http://www.sidelinespub.net/Display.jpg
$27.99-30.00+ 12pk cans/bottles

This beer was highly overpriced, but for the hype I thought I might as well give it a try. It is delightfully easy to drink, with lots of lime flavour. It is the closest I have tasted to a corona with a neck-wedged lime right out of the bottle/can. Despite the price, I would buy it again as it makes for a great summer beer. If only it wasn't 4%..

Big Rock Lime
http://www.marketwire.com/library/20090618-618br_lime300.jpg
$24.99 for 12pk bottles

The beer has the typical Canadian light beer taste with a lime aftertaste. While the lime flavour isn't as apparent as in the Bud Light, it still accents the beer nicely making it easy to drink. Not quite as good as the Bud Light in my opinion, but the lower price and locally-brewed goodness make it an easy alternative.

Which do you favour and why?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/0907102157002.jpg

+1 Bud Light Lime

kenny
07-10-2009, 10:18 PM
I've been hooked on big rock lime on tap lately. Bud lime is better outdoors in the sun as i find its more thirst quenching. Both beer are good, but i voted for big rock.

dirtsniffer
07-10-2009, 10:21 PM
i think bud light lime tastes like a cooler...
guess ill give the big rock one a try

eglove
07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
i find the big rock lime to be equivalent to eating the skin off the lime lol.

bud light lime is too "pop"-y for me. it's like lime crush and bud light mixed together. it does go down nicely though.

i don't think i could really pick a winner out of the two, they are both nice changes. but meh, i'll stick to dos equis for the "regular" beer.

S13_Ryan
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Miller chill. :closed:

Cooked Rice
07-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Big Rock FTW. I'm not paying $30 for a 12pk of LIGHT beer.

buh_buh
07-10-2009, 11:11 PM
bud light lime doesn't even taste like a beer

Hamann
07-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Picked up a pack of Bud Light Lime to go camping, just cause of the hype. I really didn't like it, closest thing i can compare it to is like Lime Koolade.

Seems to me its more of a beer for people who can't drink beer, guess people think its less gay to order one than say a Cooler, but its really the same thing.

Havent tried the Big Rock Lime cause it was sold out, but hopefully i can find some this weekend.

BlackArcher101
07-11-2009, 03:55 AM
BL Lime: Lime Cooler with a hint of Beer, easy and refreshing, dangerous on a patio

BR Lime: A lot less lime taste, but drinks more like a typical lager. A better beer to drink slower.

In the end... I think the perfect patio experience would be to start with a BL Lime when you get there to quench the thirst while waiting for the meal/snacks. Then switch over to BR Lime when the food arrives which allows a better taste and slower drink (and cheaper!). In the end though, the overall winner is Big Rock.

wardpr68
07-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I tried bud light lime at my aunt's house the other day.... my god what a chick beer.

Pollywog
07-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by wardpr68
I tried bud light lime at my aunt's house the other day.... my god what a chick beer.

I truly get a kick out of people like you who are more focussed on what the "image" of the beer is rather than the taste. I could swig back hard liquor neat all night like many people, but even now and again I like a lighter beverage such as a corona (with lime..) or a Bud Light. Now it just happens to have lime flavour in it and its all of a sudden a "chick beer"? What does that make coffee, a uni-sex beverage?

Just drink what you want to and quit worrying about what everyone else thinks. It's just a drink - you either like it or you dont.

"Oh no, people will think i'm a pussy if they catch me drinking this!.."

:rolleyes:

extm88
07-11-2009, 10:38 AM
^^^^ so true...i may be taking this a step to far but i have no problem taking the harrasment from my friends when i get a 6 or 12 pack + maybe a rockstar and a rev. Doesnt get any more feminine than that but i like the "kick" they give.

Drink for yourself and who gives 2 -____- what anyone else thinks.

With that being said, drinking a 2L boones is something that is not tolerated from men haha.

sputnik
07-11-2009, 10:42 AM
No difference. Both taste disgusting.

bulaian
07-11-2009, 10:58 AM
BR Lime is $17.99 for a 12 pack at Sobey's liquor store. it WAS $18.99 at Co-Op lat time I was there also.

TheCheff
07-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Big Rock Lime for sure it actually tastes like a beer

dimi
07-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I bought into all the hype of Bud Light Lime a few days ago. What a waste.

Don't pretend it's a beer, it taste exactly like a cooler. It's too carbonated, to the point where you can only take the smallest sips. To think I paid $30 for a 12 of 4.0% beer :banghead: Props to Budweiser though, they sure know how to market.

$12 for a 12 of Brewhouse works for me.

brownchild
07-13-2009, 12:09 AM
to much hype for bud light lime, and Big rocks trying to jump on the bandwagon. Imo Sol, or corona with an actual lime is much more refreshing, But i'll stick with my Alex Keiths indian pale ale. :thumbsup:

Cooked Rice
07-13-2009, 12:15 AM
for citrus beer hoegaarden FTW

Carl64
07-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Bigrock Lime tastes like ass. Not a huge fan of BL:L either, but it wins.

MGD FTW.

stevieo
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
i like bud light lime so fuck you haters.:rofl:
when you guys pay for my shit, then maybe ill let you criticize me on such stupid little things in life.

LadyLuck
07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
BECKS LIME FTW!

I tried the Bud Light lime and thought i was ok, but id rather get coronas instead of paying that ridiculous price!

brownchild
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
MINHAS LIME COMING SOON. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For those who dont know, the makers of Mountain Crest.

urban.one
07-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Official Beer of the Miata Car Club!

sputnik
07-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Carl64
Bigrock Lime tastes like ass.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
BECKS LIME FTW!

Originally posted by brownchild
MINHAS LIME COMING SOON. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is turning into quite the fad.

Ben
07-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Canadian/American Mainstream beer sucks balls. Man I miss the beer overseas. Cant believe that Bud Light shit is $30+ for a 12 pack. Poll Fixed for comedy value.

dino_martini
07-16-2009, 02:54 AM
I have had both, quite a bit. And I think it sort of depends on what you want to drink:

If you want something you can just slam back and don't really care about the taste - Bud Light Lime

If you want something you can sip and enjoy the certain flavors - Big Rock

If you want to taste lime, and only lime - Bud Light Lime.

I enjoyed both. Big Rock gets my vote since it is cheaper and comes in 6 packs of bottles.

2002civic
07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
BLL is good for what it is, a casual drink on a nice day.