PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated movies ever

Pages : [1] 2

copynpaste
07-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Do your friends rave about a movie that left you cold? You’re not alone. Now's your chance to name and shame the most over-hyped movies of all time...

For me, Id say Sin City - I dont see what was so great about this movie, same with Kill Bill 1 and 2. Total snoozefests zzz.

shakalaka
07-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I thought Talladega Nights was like that. I am sure I thought the same about others too but that comes to mind right now.

Wraith
07-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Napoleon Dynamite, that shit was terrible

LongCity
07-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Although I didn't mind Stepbrothers, I didn't think it was all that good/funny. I find that Will Ferrell tries too hard to be funny.

Mixalot27
07-11-2009, 05:39 PM
The Deer Hunter
Easy Rider
Titanic
Blair Witch Project
The Shining

4lti
07-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.

TERRIBLE!

GQBalla
07-11-2009, 06:13 PM
The hang over

Hakkola
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Loved Kill Bill, but I can see how some people might not.

I thought Borat was funny, but not good enough to watch twice, same thing with Napoleon Dynamite.

Harry Potter movies, even though I only watched the first one.

I'm sure I'll come up with a few more.

Ohh, right...

Citizen Kane.

B20EF
07-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
The hang over

:werd: I thought I was alone on this one

jsn
07-11-2009, 07:01 PM
^^ i thought it was overrated as well. Definitely a decent movie, but not as good as everyone made it out to be.

black13
07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
The hang over

now this is a real over rated movie. Watching it in the theater, people were laughing for the smallest things, characters start walking *laugh*, characters sit down *laugh*.

fcukda
07-11-2009, 07:48 PM
blood diamond, fell asleep during the movie.

Neil4Speed
07-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Million Dollar Baby
Kill Bill 1 and 2
Donnie Darko
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Big Lebowski

Pollywog
07-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Every recent film featuring Will Farrell.

b18cr
07-11-2009, 07:57 PM
jumper!

just gay.

ZorroAMG
07-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Million Dollar Baby
Kill Bill 1 and 2
Donnie Darko
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Big Lebowski

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Clearly this thread is all subjective and based on taste (some more juvenile than others) because all of those movies were great in one way or many.

Neil4Speed
07-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Clearly this thread is all subjective and based on taste (some more juvenile than others) because all of those movies were great in one way or many.

Of course the thread is going to be subjective, this is all opinion based.

Well you see the title was the most "overrated" movies, so I noted a few movies which were acclaimed by many and I saw and disliked.

About a year ago I took some time to put together a list of about 50-75 must see moves as I hadn't seen many movies which are cult-classics or very highly rated. So I went through the beyond must see thread, and IMDB, and other movie rankings. It was great because now I have watched many movies which I have enjoyed and I often watch movies as a more active pastime.

The movies which I listed were regarded very highly on voting sites like IMDB, and I was left disappointed. I can't appreciate artsy sensationalism quicks of Tarantino.

toyboy88
07-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Of recent movies.... Knowing (Nicolas Cage)

jsn
07-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Million Dollar Baby
Kill Bill 1 and 2
Donnie Darko
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Big Lebowski

Kill bill 1 and 2, yes
Reservoir dogs, yes
I loved pulp fiction though.

I thought Fight club was abit overrated. I liked the movie, but it wasn't as good as everyone made it out to be.

hampstor
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Rocky Horror Picture Show. WTF is that shit supposed to be about? Every white person I know talks about it like it's the most amazing movie ever.

I saw it once and couldn't understand it - transvestites, dancing, singing, wtf?

Gooseberry
07-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

That movie was shit, a movie has to be actually good in some way to be overrated. ;)

95teetee
07-11-2009, 10:58 PM
ok, I'll say it... The Dark Knight. It was...ok.

n1zm0
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

This, what is with him and this knowing the future stuff like Next, granted it's only 2 movies but 3rd times a charm?

sxtasy
07-11-2009, 11:07 PM
for me, Transformers:dunno:
except for Meagan;)

SCHIDER23
07-12-2009, 09:16 AM
The hang over

Originally posted by B20EF

Originally posted by jsn
^^ i thought it was overrated as well. Definitely a decent movie, but not as good as everyone made it out to be.

Originally posted by black13

now this is a real over rated movie. Watching it in the theater, people were laughing for the smallest things, characters start walking *laugh*, characters sit down *laugh*.

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying this movie is amazing :whipped: , it sucked ass since they tried to hard to make everything funny. Also the asian gangster, come on that guy was no gangster, he looked more like a tranny than a gangster.:banghead:

finboy
07-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
ok, I'll say it... The Dark Knight. It was...ok.

:werd:

theken
07-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Hangover was dude where's my car. Should have been called dude where's my friend. It had funny parts though

sputnik
07-12-2009, 10:43 AM
The Big Lebowski

Favorite movie of all time.

Most people don't get it the first time they watch it.

Rat Fink
07-12-2009, 10:46 AM

Eibbus
07-12-2009, 11:03 AM
This is easy.

Hands down, the most over rated film goes to "The Fountain"

ragu
07-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Transformors 1 and 2
Twilight
and yes....Dark knight

Kloubek
07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
How can you guys dislike Reservoir dogs? That's one of my all-time favs!

B4tMan
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by B20EF

You are. The other reply is your fake account.

Talladega :barf:

BigMass
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Dark Knight by a long shot. I didn't even think i t was a good movie period.

pyroza
07-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Titanic
The Dark Knight

If not for Heath, TDK would have been another forgettable summer flick

npham
07-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Harry Potter movies, even though I only watched the first one.

How can you possibly rate, over or under, something if you have only seen 1 of many movies, but group all the movies under your "rating". I'm not debating whether the movies are good or not but if you haven't seen something how can you fucking give an opinion about it? Seems pretty worthless, IMO.

jsn
07-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by pyroza
The Dark Knight

If not for Heath, TDK would have been another forgettable summer flick

:werd: Heath ledger was amazing as joker, but next to that, the movie was just another summer flick that you watch maybe once or twice and forget about. Also, I don't get why people think bale is such a great actor. He's just another mediocre hollywood actor to me. I think Bale is highly overrated. Although I haven't seen american psycho or the machinst, which I heard were some of his better movies.

Ajay
07-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I think Anchorman was kind of weak. I know a lot of my friends love that movie but I just don't find it funny. Will Ferrell isn't that funny of an actor.

beecue
07-12-2009, 06:55 PM
The Godfather, The Wrestler, Wall-E, Pulp Fiction .. I really didn't like these movies

Hakkola
07-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by npham

How can you possibly rate, over or under, something if you have only seen 1 of many movies, but group all the movies under your "rating" I'm not debating whether the movies are good or not but if you haven't seen something how can you fucking give an opinion about it? Seems pretty worthless, IMO.

Because I don't like movies with child protagonists other than T2. Harry Potter is fucking gay. That's how I can have an opinion on it. Without you knowing that how can you give me a fucking opinion on my opinion? Seems pretty worthless, IMO.

Hakkola
07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by jsn

Heath ledger was amazing as joker, but next to that, the movie was just another summer flick that you watch maybe once or twice and forget about. Also, I don't get why people think bale is such a great actor. He's just another mediocre hollywood actor to me.

I disagree, I've watched Dark Knight probably 5 times, only thing I thought was gay was the bike spin-off the wall, but I'm a big Batman fan and like the more realistic portrayal given by Nolan.

What movies have you seen with Bale? Seems like you've only watched his summer action movies which don't really require range in his acting, in which case I could understand your opinion. Don't watch Machinist, good acting but pretty boring. You should really check out American Psycho.

B4tMan
07-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by npham

How can you possibly rate, over or under, something if you have only seen 1 of many movies, but group all the movies under your "rating". I'm not debating whether the movies are good or not but if you haven't seen something how can you fucking give an opinion about it? Seems pretty worthless, IMO.
Arguable, as worthless as your rant.

The series is crap.

RC-Cola
07-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd have to say most of the movies that have won Academy Awards the last few years, starting with Slum Dog Million, No Country for Old Men, Crash (god this blew, everyone was like look how smart they are to intertwine the different story lines), Chicago and A Beautiful Mind.

Most of them I thought were ok, but nothing blew me away.

GQBalla
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
man i love the dark night though.

i just thought it was a epic movie probably watched it 10+ times now

hks
07-12-2009, 07:44 PM
ironman :dunno:
never understood what was so great about it

Hakkola
07-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by hks
ironman :dunno:
never understood what was so great about it

:werd:

It was entertaining and Downey is awesome, but over rated for sure. I figured out the "twist" way before it happened, and too much childish comic relief for my tastes.

Powdercoat17
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
scarface. hands down. piece of shit movie.

B4tMan
07-12-2009, 08:06 PM
^ The life of a worthless scumbag with more balls than brains and a lucky streak of fortune that propelled him to the top

It was intriguing, to say the least and the acting was the character was portrayed perfect :)

flipstah
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Ohh, right...

Citizen Kane.

Blasphemy! :whipped:

It showed the plight of Man's search for happiness; in his case, he tried to substitute with wealth and materialism but failed to succeed. It was greatly directed with great usage of imagery.

I thought iRobot with Will Smith was kinda lame and the only cool part was his Converse collection (which I bought.)

That and the latest Indy movie.

JordanEG6
07-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I've seen alot of good and bad movies, but these big box office Movies were so media-hyped and generated that "you gotta see it factor", so much so that when I saw it, I came out of the movie like "hmm...wasn't as good as everyone says."

The Matrix (puts flamesuit on for Matrix fanboys)
Yes, ground breaking special effects and martial arts choreography. But I personally thought the movie wasn't all that great.

Lord of the Rings. All 3 were okay at best, but not like "OMG best movie evar!" For me it was too long and dragged on and on.

Transformers 2. It was a shit movie to be honest. But good enough to sit through explosions, Megan Fox and PG-13 violence. But not 2.5 hours worth.

300. It's good movie for maybe 1 viewing. Another long movie that people hyped about so much ended up being just okay for me.

Sin City. Boring as FUCK. I fell asleep through half of this garbage.

Twilight. Maybe fit for preteens and the "I love Miley Cyrus" type kids. People kept talking about it so I watched it. It's crap.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Holy shit, it's like, George Lucas sat down and said "K, let's wrap this shit up quick so I can make money". The movie itself was bland, acting was TERRIBLE on Hayden Christiansen's part (and there isn't a movie he's been in where he doesn't fucking end up crying...you're Darth fucking Vader, you big pussy) and the ending sucked ass. Oh and they need non-virgin writers for the side story, love-interest dialogues. Unrealistic, stupid corny lines that you'd probably only see on a World of Warcraft online forum or chatroom. A bad movie in general and the worst of the series, and I am a Star Wars movie fan.

jsn
07-12-2009, 08:40 PM

IWhat movies have you seen with Bale? Seems like you've only watched his summer action movies which don't really require range in his acting, in which case I could understand your opinion. Don't watch Machinist, good acting but pretty boring. You should really check out American Psycho.

I've seen the prestige, equilibrium, 3:10 to yuma, the two batmans, public enemies, and terminator. Don't get me wrong, I don't think hes a bad actor. I just don't think he's anything special and not worth the hype. From the sounds of it, I probably missed his best one (american psycho). Maybe I should check that one out, but from his other movies, I think he's overrated.

Edit: I guess he was pretty decent in 3:10 to yuma looking back. Still don't think he's anything special though in the other movies.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

Transformers 2. It was a shit movie to be honest. But good enough to sit through explosions, Megan Fox and PG-13 violence. But not 2.5 hours worth.

:werd: Horrible movie, but can't complain about the slow mo babewatch-esque megan fox running scenes. Also had some good action scenes. But it was entertaining for a mindless summer flick that you watch once and never again.

Hakkola
07-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Blasphemy! :whipped:

It showed the plight of Man's search for happiness; in his case, he tried to substitute with wealth and materialism but failed to succeed. It was greatly directed with great usage of imagery.

This makes it the greatest movie of all time?

They say it created a lot of new film making techniques, but that doesn't make it the greatest film ever, the greatest film should be something I want to watch. Are you going to go watch Citizen Kane now? How many times have you watched it? I'll be surprised if it's more than once, and if you have, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because you had to for a film class.

Nobody watches it, the cuts fucking suck in my opinion and it's boring as hell because the pace is awful, and the acting/dialogue is terrible but you can say that about most of the films from the era.

If it's such a masterpiece, how come nobody wants to watch it?

Most overrated film of all time.

flipstah
07-12-2009, 09:21 PM

This makes it the greatest movie of all time?

They say it created a lot of new film making techniques, but that doesn't make it the greatest film ever, the greatest film should be something I want to watch. Are you going to go watch Citizen Kane now? How many times have you watched it? I'll be surprised if it's more than once, and if you have, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because you had to for a film class.

Nobody watches it, the cuts fucking suck in my opinion and it's boring as hell because the pace is awful, and the acting/dialogue is terrible but you can say that about most of the films from the era.

If it's such a masterpiece, how come nobody wants to watch it?

Most overrated film of all time.

Damn. Trumped in all spots. Touche.

Okay how about Zodiac? It was interesting once but everyone forgot.

jsn
07-12-2009, 09:24 PM
The movie started out decent, but they dragged it on way too long so it got extremely boring. They should have cut out parts to make it shorter. By the end of the movie, I had already stopped caring about who did it.

Hakkola
07-12-2009, 09:31 PM
:D

I actually haven't watched Zodiac, should I bother checking it out?

flipstah
07-12-2009, 09:40 PM

It's... Meh. :dunno:

You've Got Mail is pretty dull and it was hyped it up when it first came out.

Also, The Last Samurai. And War of the Worlds. And Mission Impossible 3.

petoria
07-12-2009, 09:43 PM
titanic and pearl harbor

JordanEG6
07-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Also, The Last Samurai. And War of the Worlds. And Mission Impossible 3.

I take it, you hate Tom Cruise hahaha.

flipstah
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

I take it, you hate Tom Cruise hahaha.

Haha unfortunately, he hasn't made a suitable movie since Jerry Macguire minus his epic appearance on Tropic Thunder.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
The Dark Knight
Pan's Labyrinth

Unknown303
07-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by jsn

:werd: Heath ledger was amazing as joker, but next to that, the movie was just another summer flick that you watch maybe once or twice and forget about. Also, I don't get why people think bale is such a great actor. He's just another mediocre hollywood actor to me. I think Bale is highly overrated. Although I haven't seen american psycho or the machinst, which I heard were some of his better movies.

Those two movies are definitely some of his best. The Machinist while kind of slow is an incredible story. Also Equilibrium was another stellar movie of his.

But on the topic of overrated movies;

The Hangover
Star Wars 1-3

thrasher22
07-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Top Gun! Its not an action movie, its not a drama movie... its just boring! If I hear one more guy nickname his buddy Iceman... fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

D'z Nutz
07-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
The Shining

I definitely agree.

Any of the "_______ Movie" parody movies are pretty horrid. I don't even get how some of you people find that shit funny:

Scary Movie
Date Movie
Epic Movie
Disaster Movie
also, Meet The Spartans.

Pihsiak
07-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Office Space.
People think it's funny. I don't. The movie has a few highlights but a very shitty story with a lot of mis-used actors.

flipstah
07-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Since someone brought Steven King novels...

Cujo. It was just boring :dunno:

Kloubek
07-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
For me, Id say Sin City - I dont see what was so great about this movie, same with Kill Bill 1 and 2. Total snoozefests zzz.

These movies were great! I liked them for their stylistic approach to filming and directing. It made them stand out from other movies which are copies of each other, imo. It is also the reason my fav movie of all time is "Requiem for a Dream". Highly UNDERrated imo.

One movie which received fantastic reviews, but I did not enjoy at all was "Sideways". It was not a blockbuster, but after watching it I 100% didn't understand what people found in it.
And Titanic - I agree with that one.

JAYMEZ
07-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Titanic
Star Wars 1-3
Twilight
Borat
Iron Man
Spider Man 2-3
Anything with Segal ..
AVP

A790
07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Transformers, for sure.

sh0ko
07-13-2009, 10:39 AM
slumdog millionare

jonnycat
07-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Sideways was fucking garbage.

as of Late;

The Spirit was shit
The Unborn was boring

gongSHOW
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Transformers (I guess it wasn`t really rated that well but one of the cheesists movies ever with so much product placement)

No Country for Old Men (How was this nominated for Academy Awards)

malcolmk14
07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I didn't read the whole thread but I glanced over it quickly. To suggest that The Big Lebowski is the most OVERRATED film of all time is absolutely insane. I would argue that it's actually one of the more UNDERRATED films of all time.

BokCh0y
07-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Independance Day
Titanic

Basically any movie Stickboy tells me is good...haha.

heavyD
07-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Million Dollar Baby
Kill Bill 1 and 2
Donnie Darko
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Big Lebowski

^^WTF? That's arguably part of a top 50 list of all time best movies.

Any Will Smith/Farrell movie is generally overrated. Titanic has to be tied with Chariots of Fire for worst movie to ever win the Oscar for best film. I could go on but generally the industry just sucks right now as even the blockbusters aren't fun to watch any more.

copynpaste
07-13-2009, 05:16 PM

I was pretty dissapointed with it. Was just bbbbbbbbbbbbboring as hell.

copynpaste
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

These movies were great! I liked them for their stylistic approach to filming and directing. It made them stand out from other movies which are copies of each other, imo. It is also the reason my fav movie of all time is "Requiem for a Dream". Highly UNDERrated imo.

One movie which received fantastic reviews, but I did not enjoy at all was "Sideways". It was not a blockbuster, but after watching it I 100% didn't understand what people found in it.
And Titanic - I agree with that one.

Eh I just wasnt a fan of Sin Citys black and white art style - it was just bland and boring as hell to me. The first time I watched it, it was a total chore after the first half hour. I was hoping it would get better but nah I couldnt help but clock watch.

b_t
07-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Most overrated movies ever.. Slumdog Millionaire, Platoon. Apocalypse Now was a really boring, batshit insane dumb movie. Kill Bill part 1 was crap. Pulp Fiction isn't that great. Most Tarantino movies are really overrated... Death Proof is one of the 5 worst movies I've ever seen.

01RedDX
07-13-2009, 05:42 PM

01RedDX
07-13-2009, 05:45 PM

civiclvr
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
^^ meh... it's more of an opinion.. take it for what it's worth and there's no point to getting worked up or calling someone wrong.
Some people like classical, some people like death metal.

OT: personally, I did not enjoy Slumdog Millionaire. Character traits and changes were sporadic and not very lineal in the way a person develops.

No Country for Old Men: Some great acting, but the story seemed slow and dull.

Transformers: I'm a TF nut.. so the hype led to a big BIG letdown.
Almost all of Will Ferrel's newest stuff

Pineapple Express: yeah it had funny moments.. but really.. it's getting old.. James franco was pretty good though.

year One: just ouch.

Crash: seriously.. what a poor portrayal of certain rasict people. I can't speak for all the cases, but comeon. If you are rasict and HATE someone/thing for whatever reason, and its that embedded, it doesn't change.

Titanic: never made it through it. just effin boring.

AVP: now that Jaymez reminded me..

Wow.. as I think about it.. a ton of movies have been huge letdowns. Usually comedies let me down.. followed closely by dramatic movies

Neil4Speed
07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

This whole thread is a giant facepalm for me. People listing some of the greatest films ever made as "overrated."

Yeah ok you're right and everyone else is wrong. :rolleyes:

I watched all of those movies because they were listed on so many Top 100/50 movies of all time lists, I mean, Pulp Fiction is #5 all time rated on IMDB! Doesn't mean I or others have to like it, or think that it is good - hence the subjective topic title "what movies are overrated".

heavyD
07-14-2009, 12:14 PM

I watched all of those movies because they were listed on so many Top 100/50 movies of all time lists, I mean, Pulp Fiction is #5 all time rated on IMDB! Doesn't mean I or others have to like it, or think that it is good - hence the subjective topic title "what movies are overrated".

I agree and to be called overrated the movie should be one that was reviewed highly or very popular. I am with the masses though on Pulp Fiction. One of the most brilliant motion picutes of our time IMO.

jav_
07-14-2009, 12:44 PM
napoleon dynamite

01RedDX
07-14-2009, 12:46 PM

RC-Cola
07-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

This is true of course, and it's a very subjective topic, it's just that some of the opinions seem a bit harsh.

My theory is that sometimes your opinion on movies is influenced by circumstances - bad mood for example, or even a bad seat in the theatre. ie, the 4% of the reviewers on rottentomatoes who didn't like Pulp Fiction - who's to say that they weren't simply having a bad day? Ever notice how certain movies seem better when you watch them again?

Maybe they just needed a "Royale with Cheese"

civiclvr
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
There's just too many factors! lol

But it's kind of interesting to see who DIDN'T like popular movies.

I mean, we sit here an argue with this guy about Pulp Fiction, but lambaste something like "The Dark Knight" (#7 on IMDB) or "Slumdog Millionaire" (#69 on IMDB) I'm sure a ton of people on here think we're crazy. There was a thread about slumdog millionaire and how awesome it was. There was many a beyonder in there hailing the movie.
Yet you come into this thread and people show the other side.
Hence, to a large popular of Beyond, I'm crazy!

What this thread should have is an explaination as to WHY you didn't like a popular movie. Something succinct... rather than "acting sucked" or "stupid story"

GQBalla
07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
ohhh right pulp fiction another over rated movie

Jeremiah
07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I think Slumdog Millionaire was extremely over rated.

I found the story far too over the top and over dramatic, mind you, I did watch it high, but i couldn't fucking stand it.

The Wrestler>Slumdog

01RedDX
07-14-2009, 02:14 PM

Supa Dexta
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
People give water world such a bad rap, but I really like that movie... :dunno:

JordanEG6
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

There's another one. I watched it and thought "What's the big deal?"

It is actually a pretty good movie IMO, but the hype KILLED it for me with people saying "You gotta watch it, it's too good".

emilio
07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
^^ for sure, I thought it was good but not as mind blasting as everyone made it out be.

Ronin - everyone that I talk to about that movie loves it, I can't stand it! I've tried watching it twice and neither time have made it through the entire thing.

Supa Dexta
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Like the episode of family guy where peter talks trash about the god father..

http://www.funnyfamilyguy.com/videos/Family_Guy_Videos/Peter_Griffin_

:rofl:

Billy_Billions
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
I thought a "thin red line" was gawd awful.

The latest Clint Eastwood directed films have been less than interesting as well.

heavyD
07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

I found the story far too over the top and over dramatic, mind you, I did watch it high, but i couldn't fucking stand it.

The Wrestler>Slumdog

I have never been bowled over by most Oscar nominated movies but usually they are at worst decent except for Shakespeare in Love, Titanic, Chariots of Fire which IMO don't belong anywhere near the mention of even decent motion picture. Slumdog Millionaire was a decent movie IMO but I didn't go into it expecting to be an unforgettable experience. It was a good movie so I can't call it overrated. As well I enjoyed Gran Torino for what it was.

b_t
07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I agree and to be called overrated the movie should be one that was reviewed highly or very popular. I am with the masses though on Pulp Fiction. One of the most brilliant motion picutes of our time IMO.

haha exactly. I thought the point of the thread is to pick movies that the majority of people like, that you personally don't? Obviously people are going to disagree here but that is ridiculous. We are talking about what people think is overrated... if you disagree with someone saying something is overrated, then you are just proving their point.

Pulp Fiction, Platoon and Apocalypse Now are all critically adored movies.. I just really didn't like any of them.

a social dsease
07-14-2009, 05:03 PM
As soon as I saw this thread title, I totally thought of The Dark Knight. Soooooooo boring, I thought a Batman movie would at least have a little bit of action. I would rather watch Dude Where's my Car then sit through DK again....

Neil4Speed
07-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by emilio
^^ for sure, I thought it was good but not as mind blasting as everyone made it out be.

Ronin - everyone that I talk to about that movie loves it, I can't stand it! I've tried watching it twice and neither time have made it through the entire thing.

Hahah, Love the mind blasting lol. Yes, Slumdog was alright, I enjoyed it, nothing spectacular though.

Ronin is a horrible movie minus the amazing car chase lol.

iceburns288
07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Star Wars. I also used to love Star Wars. The Godfather. It's still an entertaining movie, I just don't think it's the second best movie ever made (IMDB) or top ten or whatever. Maybe I just need to see it again.

Karim316
07-15-2009, 01:28 AM
All my friends love Grandma's Boy. I thought it was awful.
- Spider-man 3
- Enternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Nacho Libre
- Saving Private Ryan
- The Sixth Sense
- Any movie with Dane Cook. His stand up is alrite but his movies blow