PDA

View Full Version : Arturo Gatti Dead

LongCity
07-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Damn, big names dropping everywhere.

Arturo Gatti Found Dead (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/sports/12gatti.html)

BenC
07-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I just heard of this. As a big boxing fan I'm waiting to hear the cause
RIP to an entertaining fighter

Joe-G
07-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow.

CMW403
07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
RIP

he was an excellent boxer

badatusrnames
07-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Looks like his wife is suspect. Apparently he was choked with a purse strap.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ap-gatti-death&prov=ap&type=lgns

LongCity
07-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I read somewhere that he was stabbed or shot but I took that with a grain of salt.

jsn
07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
RIP

I still remember the gatti vs ward fight. Quite honestly the best/most entertaining fight I've ever seen.

civic_stylez
07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
RIP to an amazing boxer, one of my fave.....

LongCity
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
This guy had a real "heart of a lion". Took craaazy punishment and would go till he could no more.

lil*tymer
07-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Rip, couldn't believe it when i was reading the story today.

mushi_mushi
07-13-2009, 11:51 PM
I think they are charging his wife, he was allegedly strangled with a purse strap. There were discrepancies in her story, she was in the same hotel room with him for 10 hours but some how didnt realize he was dead. The story seems really bizarre, I wonder what truly happened.

wes_v
07-14-2009, 12:54 AM
R.I.P. He was always an exciting fighter to watch on television, Great boxer.

dj_honda
07-14-2009, 01:13 AM
RIP, watched this guy for years

LongCity
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
He was Canadian too!

banned3x
07-15-2009, 02:25 AM
wow!

As you may have heard by now, Canadian boxer Arturo Gatti was allegedly the victim of strangulation via purse strap courtesy of his wife, Amanda Carina Barbosa Rodrigues this weekend. The story played out something like a normal evening, highlighted by the two of them ending up at a bar in a Brazilian resort town while their one year-old baby slept back at the hotel room. Witnesses say Arturo and Amanda bickered aggressively while out and Arturo was described as being very drunk. No word as to how drunk Amanda was, but she had enough physical power to overcome the one-time, super lightweight champion of the world with her freaking purse, if the allegations are true.

The deadly strap found at the scene.

This surprising death-by-strapping comes on the heels of the high profile murder of NFL quarterback Steve McNair at the hands of his on-the-side piece, Sahel Kazemi. These cases both have something in common: McNair was shot dead while he was sleeping. Gatti was at least shit-faced, if not passed out, when he was strappily strangled. Then, there’s a whole gang of Mexican murderwhores who robbed and killed two lucha minis, among many others, by spiking their drinks with poison. It has become shockingly clear that, by taking advantage of men in a weakened state, WAGs are becoming more and more murderous each day, but are these just random instances of bitches gone crazy in this summer of death to the famous? Or are we looking at a sea change in how women deal with their man’s bullshit? Should we be scared?

In either case of recent WAGgy murder, it’s hard to argue that Sahel or Amanda acted completely unprovoked. McNair supposedly said he was going to divorce his wife to be with Sahel and then decided against it. Arturo Gatti is a noted wife beater and was said to have been physical with Amanda the night of his death for her being scantily clad. Neither dramz justifies the killing, but we don’t have any idea what was going on at the exact moment when either homegirl decided to turn her back talk into premeditated murder. When Lorena Bobbit chopped her drunken, abusive husband John’s dick off in 1993, it sent shudders through the balls of men worldwide, but she was regarded as a crazy, lone wolf. This recent trend of men being murdered while intoxicated by pissed off significant others, however, may be a sign of a dangerous trend. Sahel Kazemi and Amanda Carina Barbosa Rodrigues could one day be seen as pioneers in a murderous women’s movement where men’s boorish behavior is reigned in by force.

Imagine coming home way late at night, totally drunk, with a stamp from the strip joint on your hand, reeking of titty powder and gin, and your wife or gf is home. Awake. With a cleaver. Will you go to sleep? Will you run away? Will you grab the nearest bat/pan/gun? It’s a tough choice. Especially when you don’t want to make the situation worse by engaging the enraged wifey such that she can claim self defense. The future may be dire for philandering and abusively macho men if we can’t counteract this disturbing trend. What do you think? Should women hold their devious and destructive esposos accountable with the threat and/or commision of violence?

http://guanabee.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/amandarodriguesgatti1-450x329.jpg
http://guanabee.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/deadlystrap-450x281.jpg