PDA

View Full Version : Integra tire

noyzz_boyzz
11-02-2003, 11:55 AM
anyone know where I can buy the tire that matches the size of my other tires....just bought one and had it installed at Canadian Tire...but its bigger than the other tires...returning it back to Canadian Tire...the clerk told me it was the right one (just pisses me off!)...the tire size is P195/60R14

can anyone can help me?....I am in the Scarborough area...

max_boost
11-02-2003, 12:00 PM
I'm sure any tire shop out East can help you

noyzz_boyzz
11-02-2003, 12:09 PM
might sound stupid but....

what should I tell them...and shoudl I buy it from the Acura dealer itself?

Akagi Redsuns
11-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Don't buy at the Acura dealer, just look at the tire and see what brand, model and size it is and then find that same tire at a tire shop (or find a local distributor) and get it installed there. OEM tires should not be over $100 I would think. Good luck.

noyzz_boyzz
11-02-2003, 12:17 PM
ok, so why not buy it from the dealer?
and how much do u think the tire should cost me installed?

illeagle
11-02-2003, 12:25 PM
costs too much at the dealership. go to ANY tire place, (yellow pages) and tell them or show them what you want.
Prices change but, you'll have to pay for ...
-Tire
-mounting
-balancing
-around $100 bucks?

three.eighteen.
11-02-2003, 12:39 PM
the mount and balance most often comes in at around $50-$60 tires depend mainly on what tires you buy

92 Teg-B18A
11-02-2003, 01:27 PM
How hard would it be to check the size of the new tire versus the size fo your old tires? The size is imprinted on the sidewall.
If your purchasing a new tire it is going to bigger than your old tires which have bean worn.

noyzz_boyzz
11-02-2003, 04:56 PM
i c...so its normal for the new tire to be bigger than the other tires?..but on the other hand does integra tires have specific height and what if the other tires are new and are lower than the new tire?

Seanith
11-02-2003, 05:03 PM
it depends on teh tire. if your getting the exact same tire, same size and everything depending on how worn your other tires are, the new one might appear higher since it has more tread. just get the exact same brand and model of tire and i wouldn't worry about it. chances are if theres a tread difference then the newer tire will wear out a bit faster to compensate for the others. good luck!

noyzz_boyzz
11-02-2003, 10:32 PM
but it looks stupid to have one tire different than the others..u think its a good idea to return the new tire back to Canadian Tire and look around at other shops the?

has anyone heard of President Radial GTS tires, or even the company President?

92 Teg-B18A
11-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz
but it looks stupid to have one tire different than the others..u think its a good idea to return the new tire back to Canadian Tire and look around at other shops the?

has anyone heard of President Radial GTS tires, or even the company President?
I don't think they are going to let you return a used tire.

It makes sense though that if you have driven on your old tires for example 30k km's that they'll have a smaller diameter than the new tire you just purchased because it hasn't be worn as much.

As for President tires I have not heard of them. Personally I would stick to the more well known brands. The tires on my car are definately one thing I don't want to cheap out on, especially in winter.

GTS Jeff
11-03-2003, 05:42 PM
dude. go outside. look at your tires. record everything written on them.

then go to a tire place and say "i need this tire" as u hand them the note with all the tire info. done.