PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N97/HTC Touch HD/HTC Touch Pro 2

shakalaka
07-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Ok so I have an iPhone 3G and I like it and everything but just a little bored of it right now. So I am considering to get one of the above mentioned phones and use that for a while. I probably wont be selling the iphone just in case I don't end up liking the one I get. But just wondering what are some of your opinions on the above mentioned three phones and which one would you prefer. All three of them are about the same price range so that is not too much of a concern.

Thanks guys!

A790
07-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Not one of them is remotely comparable in terms of capability, expandability, apps, etc.

Don't waste your money.

kenny
07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I've been using an N97 for awhile and its pretty good. Only thing that it could use is a dedicated back button for the browser on the keyboard.

The touchscreen on the N97 is a resistive touch screen. Its not quite as sensitive as the iphone screen but it can work with a stylus and/or fingernails.

In terms of expandability/capability it can do pretty much what an iphone can do. If you really like the iphone UI you may be disappointed in any phone you decide to switch to. The Ovi App store also needs some work and will be a huge letdown if you're used to all the apps available on the iphone. No fart apps available for the Nokia yet (or at least I haven't seen one lol).

If you use tethering, it is awesome on the N97. Instead of using bluetooth or a USB connection you can setup the N97 to act as a wireless router and accept connections from multiple devices. Really handy feature if you need it.

shakalaka
07-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your inputs guys. As much as I love the iphone like I said I am just sick of using it now. I had the old one for ages and then the 3G and even 3Gs they didn't help matters by making it exactly the same. I loved the N97 as soon as I saw even before it was released but after reading so many reviews I decided against it cause of apparent bugs in the software and the resisitve touch screen which i think is such a stupid idea to put in such an expensive phone. I ordered the HTC Touch HD from puremobile.ca, I really love the fact that it has a massive screen and it being a windows mobile it's fully customizable and has lots of potential for modding, which I know I will end up doing as I did with the iphone.

Evolution17
07-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Stay away from Windows Mobile
it's like vista, slow and buggy