PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat around the university?

nodoubtt
07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I was supposed to go meet a friend for lunch tomorrow somewhere around the university but I'm not familiar with many good places for food around there. Can you guys throw out some recommendations?
Just anything really, doesn't have to be one specific type of food. Just not expensive! (Average price)

hampstor
07-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Assuming you're not talking about fast food and you're not concerned about driving a few minutes... I work by the UofC and we usually end up at one of these places for lunch:

Moose Mcguire's (Across from FMC)
Killkenny (Brentwood)
Jameson's (Brentwood)
Moxie's (Market Mall)
Milestone's (Market Mall)
Ricky's (Market Mall)
Original Joe's (it's a bit further down crowchild)
Big T's (McMahon)
Saigon Y2K (McMahon)
Saigon Star (Across from FMC)
Riverstone Pub (14th Street/Northmount)
Ginger Beef (Brentwood)

Disoblige
07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
^^ Ginger Beef near Brentwood is great! Their noodle dishes are freshly made noodles and it just tastes so fresh. Their dishes are also half price on select days (I think the first few days of the week) due to their anniversary of some sort.

Other than the ones hampstor mentioned, there is The Den in campus, and Pizza Hut buffet from 11-early afternoon? in Brentwood as well :rofl: .. The latter 2 not exactly great quality stuff, but I still enjoy it time to time.

Davetronz
07-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I also work by U of C. We have an in-house cafeteria, but when we go out we either go to Market Mall (aside from the food court there is a Milestones and a Moxies), Nicks Pizza and Steak House, Jamiesons or Kilkenny. There is also an original Joes near Northland and the cheesecake cafe. Earls is the only place we go in Dalhousie station.