PDA

View Full Version : goodwill consideration by dealer?

gmoney82
07-14-2009, 12:16 AM
I just bought a 03 Accord Coupe non-navi with the 6-cd changer. The busted changer was factored into the final price.

I navigated a few Accord forums and found a service bulletin (http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1292&d=1106847777) , dated from 2003, regarding faulty cd-changers.

My Accord's VIN is within the list of the vehicles affected. 6-years later as a third owner, its obviously not covered under warranty anymore, but reading further into the bulletin, it says that the unit repair/replacement may be eligible for goodwill consideration.

Is there a chance that a Honda dealership will repair my changer under goodwill consideration if I show up at the dealership? Or will they laugh and tell me to bend over. I don't have much experience dealing with out of warranty recalls and the like.

service bulletin (http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1292&d=1106847777)

please save me from the radio and thanks alot for your help!

Isaiah
07-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Don't ask, don't get brother. Print the bulletin and head to the dealership. Wonderful things can happen if you ask nicely. The outcome will depend on whether they get comped for the defective unit 6 years after the fact.

anothers10
07-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Goodwill is normally for a few months or a few thousand kms out of warranty. But it never hurts to ask.

Impreza
07-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Was this a recall? I once took my 98 civic in cause it was stalling all the time, turns out that there was a recall I never knew about and they changed the faulty part even though I was out of warranty.

gmoney82
07-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
Was this a recall? I once took my 98 civic in cause it was stalling all the time, turns out that there was a recall I never knew about and they changed the faulty part even though I was out of warranty.

Doesn't say recall anywhere on the service bulletin but I'll stop by on Saturday and try my luck.