PDA

View Full Version : Another Kijiji Scam... having some fun with it.

benyl
07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Saw an ad for a 2005 Silverado for $4K.

Sent an Kijiji email asking what the catch was, here is the reply:

Hello,
My 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is in great shape, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects..It was always garaged and never smoked in.The price is $4,000 firm. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to email me as I will gladly answer your questions. Have a nice day!

Here are some details:

Km`s: 36,500
Body Type: Pickup Truck
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: 5.3L, V-8 Cylinder
Year: 2005
Title: Clear
Exterior Color: Black
Interior : Gray
Fuel Type: Gasoline

Options:

Cassette Player
CD Player
4-Wheel Drive
Anti-Lock Brakes
Driver Airbag
Side Airbags
Passenger Airbag
Driver Airbag
Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Power Locks
Power Windows
Power Seats

benyl
07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
my response:

Do you have more pictures of it?

I would especially like to see the stereo.

Cassett player? hahahahaha

benyl
07-14-2009, 08:31 AM
He responds with picture of some random truck.

Why he mentions ebay, I don't know (yes I know Ebay owns Kijiji)

Hello,

The truck is located in Churchill,Manitoba. It has a clean title ready to be signed and notarized on your name. I will send the truck with all the papers( vehicle registration, warranty papers,transfer papers etc ). You will have 14 days of inspection. If you want to keep it you announce eBay and they will release the money to me.. They will hold your money until you receive and inspect the truck.

I need your full name and full shipping address so i can calculate the shipping costs(I will pay the shipping costs) and I will contact eBay regarding our transaction. After that, they will contact you.

Email me ASAP so I'll know we are on the right way.

Respectfully,

benyl
07-14-2009, 08:32 AM
My next response:

I will be visiting Churchill Manitoba this coming weekend for my friends 30th birthday. Where can I see the truck to assess its condition?

Let's see if he responds.

gretz
07-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Also for some fun,

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-housing-room-rental-roommates-looking-to-relocate-from-toronto-W0QQAdIdZ141916034

lint
07-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by benyl
My next response:

Let's see if he responds.

If he dodges this one, tell him that since it's such a great deal, you'd like to fly out to where ever he is and pick up the keys personally.

Kloubek
07-14-2009, 08:43 AM
It's not really that much fun. These guys (as you can see) simply send out canned messages. Takes up more of your own time to think up what to email them back.

GQBalla
07-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by lint

If he dodges this one, tell him that since it's such a great deal, you'd like to fly out to where ever he is and pick up the keys personally.

+1

78si
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Here is another one:
[email protected]; on behalf of; Joshua Meadows [[email protected]]

Hello,

I appreciate your interest regarding my 1999 Honda Civic LX.
I sell it to you for CA $2,500 and I will pay for the shipping/handling fees to your location.
I will only deal through eBay for our own protection, they will hold and insure your money until the receipt of the vehicle in good condition. A 15 days inspection period will start from the day you will receive the vehicle, in this time you must inspect it and complete the transaction.
I'm a private seller and this is my personal vehicle. I'm the original owner.
I am selling it under market value as I need the funds for a major investment. I am involved in a real estate project in United Kingdom. I recently moved to Manchester, UK with my family because I received a better job offer.

-non-smoker, garage kept.
-actual kilometres: 112,998.
-the vehicle has a clear title(no lien). I have the title in hand.
-the vehicle is in showroom conditions inside and out.
-there are no dimples, dents or scratches of any kind,normal usage.
-exterior and interior are in a very good shape.
-the vehicle drives and looks brand new and has an incident free history.
-owner manual and service records available.
-no water damage, never wrecked or damaged in any way, never stolen.
-the transmission is automatic.
-the paint is original.

The vehicle is registered in Whitehorse, YT and you will inspect the vehicle before the payment will be made. The car is located at 382 Main Street, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2B6.
I assure you, the vehicle is in excellent shape, doesn't need any work.
If you are absolutely interested to purchase it you must provide me with your full name and shipping address so I can register the deal with eBay.

Regards.
Joshua

benyl
07-14-2009, 10:08 AM
haha, no reply yet to my offer to see it in Churchill. He was really quick with his other replies.

Mar
07-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Nice truck, it even has 2 driver airbags.

adam c
07-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mar
Nice truck, it even has 2 driver airbags.

what's wrong with that?
i have two driver airbags in my car, 1 steering wheel 1 side curtain

benyl
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Must have come back from Lunch.

Is to late.All you have to do is to send me your full name and full shipping address and i will contact eBay regarding our deal. they will send you all the details on how to purchase the item 100% safety.

I wait your details so i can contact eBay in time to speed up the process.

Thank you.

benyl
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
my reply:

As you are providing such a great deal, I would like to meet you in person to give you cash. I can arrange for a flight tomorrow. Please tell me where to meet you in Churchill Manitoba!

I look forward to meeting with you and give you CASH for this truck!

Mar
07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by adam c

what's wrong with that?
i have two driver airbags in my car, 1 steering wheel 1 side curtain
2 driver airbags and side airbags?

sputnik
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I wonder how one plans to drive from Churchill to well.... anywhere?

scat19
07-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey Benyl, I have a car in Antarctica for you to view too :thumbsup:

B4tMan
07-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Hey Benyl, I have a car in Antarctica for you to view too :thumbsup:
is it that beige one or is covered in penguin shit ?

mx73someday
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
This is the most recent one I received from a Kijiji user:

I want to buy this car for me . Let me know your final asking price.I am in Milano, Italy in a business trip I want to manage this fast so we won't waste our time. I will send you full payment. I will only need your name and address so I can proceed with payment.
Waiting for your response!

Anyone notice when selling a car on Kijiji that there is an abundance of "one-liner" messages? They always ask one question and it's always something that the ad already answers. Like what's the mileage, what's the price, is this still for sale. I've asked a bunch of friends and they get the same thing. Once you answer these questions you never hear back from the people. Do they pay people to make false interest in items just so that people will keep using kijiji?

Vanish3d
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday

Anyone notice when selling a car on Kijiji that there is an abundance of "one-liner" messages? They always ask one question and it's always something that the ad already answers. Like what's the mileage, what's the price, is this still for sale. I've asked a bunch of friends and they get the same thing. Once you answer these questions you never hear back from the people. Do they pay people to make false interest in items just so that people will keep using kijiji?

thats so true, I had a car for sale once on Kijiji and the guy replies "looks like a good car and I'm very interested, but how much thread is left on the tires".
I reply "brand new tires put on 2 weeks ago, so there is 99.99% left"
then no reply....like what the fuck more do u want??

benyl
07-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Pretty simple. Something better came along.

Kijiji gets updated so fast with new vehicles.

Supa Dexta
07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
I emailed about a newer john deere farm tractor the other day, I knew it was around a 50k tractor used, and it was 12 or 14k.. ha.. I emailed them and they went on about how they took it to the states when they moved and couldn't get it registered..

.. Registered!? It's a farm tractor, park it in the field and forget about it.

Every category has them... I'm always on there to scoop up deals, boats, 4 wheelers, cars, heavy equipment... Always some adds that just scream scam. This week however I got a seadoo cheap, and 2 free cats. :rofl:

ZorroAMG
07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
I wonder how one plans to drive from Churchill to well.... anywhere?

LOL true...from wiki..

"There are no roads from Churchill leading to the rest of Canada."

scat19
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
^ Google map satellite shows roads, albeit dirt roads.....

joker
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
I dont think there are commercial flights either, you have to take the train, at least the last time I was there you did

Redlyne_mr2
07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

LOL true...from wiki..

"There are no roads from Churchill leading to the rest of Canada."
Access in the summer is by train only IIRC. In the winter there is an ice highway.

Sugarphreak
07-15-2009, 02:16 PM

sputnik
07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Access in the summer is by train only IIRC. In the winter there is an ice highway.

However the ice highway is restricted to commercial traffic only.

freshprince1
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM

I agree, I've had several requests like that.

Also, I had the same scammer offer to buy my car. The guy from Italy. I told him I was going to be in Italy so we should meet in person. Also that I was charging $32,000 for my 2002 Maxima. (when I'm only charging $9500...shameless plug)

He said okay, agreed to the price, and asked what city and hotel I am staying in. So I just googled a Ramada Inn or something and told him the city and hotel name, asked him to stop by.

I have yet to hear back from him....

Here is his email address if anyone else wants to have some fun, or put it on a spam list:

Clint Moris, [email protected]

mx73someday
07-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Yep Clint Morris, same email address.

bighead2267
07-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Vanish3d

thats so true, I had a car for sale once on Kijiji and the guy replies "looks like a good car and I'm very interested, but how much thread is left on the tires".
I reply "brand new tires put on 2 weeks ago, so there is 99.99% left"
then no reply....like what the fuck more do u want??

not sure how the car works as i never buy car from there. but i have experience on buying cell phone there. there is alot of ad keep saying the phone is brand new. when you ask further on email like how you unlock etc, they start tell you how the phone is been used for few weeks. i was like WTF. don't you know what is call brand new? can't you type slightly used instead?

just share some experience

masoncgy
07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
I have an ad listed right now.... in which it says: "$5,900. Open to offers."

I have had two different people email me asking if the price is open to offers.

Uhhh....

SilverGS
07-15-2009, 03:45 PM

lol I got this as well