PDA

View Full Version : New Wipers?

Shaolin
11-02-2003, 05:54 PM
did a search and couldn't find anything. Are there wipers out there that are better than the ones we get from the manufacturer? or are they all the same? I remember seeing commercials of like Teflon coated stuff or whatever.. they any good? Everyone that sits in my car whether its raining or snowing says my wipers suck.. and I replace them probably every 6 months.. so any ideas would be appreciated :thumbsup:

bol
11-02-2003, 05:58 PM
i got some really good winter wipers from canadian tire for my truck, they work great.

ExtremeSi
11-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Ya I replaced my driver's side wiper with a teflon coated one from Canadian Tire and noticed quite a reduction in streaks compared to a standard rubber one. Doesn't seem to freeze as easily either

method
11-02-2003, 08:48 PM
what about those ones from canadian tire where they have that boot thing overtop of them? anyone tried those?

GTS Jeff
11-02-2003, 08:53 PM
get the chrome covered dual wipers. they resist freezing and streaking.

CelicaST-162
11-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by method
what about those ones from canadian tire where they have that boot thing overtop of them? anyone tried those?

Ya the winter blade teflon, its very good, dont need to worry bout freezing of the wiper hinges. Wipes, ice, snow, and road grime without streaks! :D

topher91
11-02-2003, 09:05 PM
The ones at Crappy tire are good. I bought "Aerofoils" wipers for my last ride and they did awesome in the winter. They had that teflon crap on them too and they never froze to my window. I thought that they were a good price too, about 9 bux for 1.

-Chris

jeff
11-02-2003, 09:32 PM
teflon wipers are the way to go

Davetronz
11-02-2003, 10:18 PM
My left wiper fell off yesterday :(

Moe Man
11-03-2003, 03:03 PM
ya i have the rubber coat on mine too,never gave me trouble

B17a
11-03-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm glad I came across this thread, my wipers suck dick so I'll need to get some new ones. Crappy Tire here I come!

Seanith
11-03-2003, 04:20 PM
it might sound lame, but i got some tenzo r ones and they work awesome too. probably more than the crappy tire variety though

littledan
11-03-2003, 04:28 PM
my crappy tire ones work fine...

SaskS14
11-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Anyone have any experience with the PIAA blades?

rice_eater
11-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
My left wiper fell off yesterday :( :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Amiro
11-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Can you tell me where to buy the PIAA silicone blades in Vancouver?

sexualbanana
11-16-2003, 11:57 PM
I had the teflon ones last year. They're real good, but I had this problem when I went 80+, the wipers would stutter when I used them.

hinggu
11-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by SaskS14
Anyone have any experience with the PIAA blades?

I have the PIAA blades on my spec v right now. They were great when I first got them. But they don't seem to work as well, now that some time has passed by. I don't think I would spend so much for these wipers again, since they aren't that great.

Bonka
11-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I had the teflon ones last year. They're real good, but I had this problem when I went 80+, the wipers would stutter when I used them.

Might want to adjust the springs on the wiper arm. I had the same problem with my old car. Acutally, if you can get one of those wiper wind deflector dealies I heard they're suppose to fix that.

I had a bad experience with the Teflon blades at Canadian Tire but it was because of the wiper arm.

I think the Bosch wiper blades with the refills are pretty good. Actually, I find that even those cheap $5 metal wiper blades at Canadian tire are pretty good. Plastic blades don't seem to clear as well.

ckruzel
11-18-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
did a search and couldn't find anything. Are there wipers out there that are better than the ones we get from the manufacturer? or are they all the same? I remember seeing commercials of like Teflon coated stuff or whatever.. they any good? Everyone that sits in my car whether its raining or snowing says my wipers suck.. and I replace them probably every 6 months.. so any ideas would be appreciated :thumbsup:

i replace mine about 2-3 times a year, i found the best ones to be the factory inserts, they all wear, and the factory ones fit the best, i've seen some that you had to get rid of the factory blade, and the ones they give you are crappy, so i would stick with factory ones and just change them as needed

three.eighteen.
11-18-2003, 06:09 PM
heh, i bought the cheapest ones at crappy tire (gray package) after looking at those and the step above i figured they couldnt be that different...well i was dead fucking wrong :rofl:, after like a 1/2 year it streaks and doesnt wipe the whole area...horrible, im getting teflons the second i find some time

Seanith
11-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ckruzel

i replace mine about 2-3 times a year, i found the best ones to be the factory inserts, they all wear, and the factory ones fit the best, i've seen some that you had to get rid of the factory blade, and the ones they give you are crappy, so i would stick with factory ones and just change them as needed

Yeah thats what i like about the Tenzo R ones. They are a cheaper alternative the the PIAA ones, and they use the stock wiper refills!

T5_X
11-18-2003, 06:31 PM
LOL, winter teflons from crappy tire cost over twice as much though... do they last twice as long?

rc2002
11-18-2003, 06:54 PM
I find that the blade doesn't make the big difference, the actual wiper does. If your spring is starting to go (they go a lot quicker for winter drivers), then it won't hold the wiper on your windshield and it'll streak no matter what blade you have.

You should be able to pull your wiper out from your windshield and it should snap right back into place.

djfob
11-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Yeah thats what i like about the Tenzo R ones. They are a cheaper alternative the the PIAA ones, and they use the stock wiper refills!

How much are these tenzo r's?