PDA

View Full Version : LIFE goes insider on Todays KKK

CUG
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.life.com/image/85939422/in-gallery/25151/life-goes-inside-todays-kkk

"When I noticed that noose, I saw symbolism," Karen says of this photo of a Klan member's home. "The noose on its own delivers a powerful message. But when I stepped back a few feet, and included part of the homeowner's door in the photograph, it became something else. Something more personal. I might document a child at play, or a husband who happens to be a Klan member embracing his pregnant wife, but those photos don't mean that I'm trying to show the Klan in a specific light. And the same holds true for the picture of the noose -- it's symbolic of the Klan's history, of course, but there's also symbolism as it applies to a person who would hang it outside his home."
Photo: Blank/Time & Life Pictures
Apr 13, 2009 Creepy dudes.

flipstah
07-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Looking through those B&W pictures are quite eerie. Scary part is that it's happening in modern times (some pics you can't really tell if it's 2009 or not) and that they have kids.

nonlinear
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
yea, pretty crazy. as an american, i'm ashamed of our racist past and segregated present, and am upset by the role the klan has played in this throughout history.

that said, i obviously don't know any current klan members, and am not sure what the current klan principles are. i do have a lot of brown friends, however, and whenever i'm with them they're CONSTANTLY sayiing things like 'brown power' etc. and basically being very proud of their heritage. i see the same things among my asian friends. i mean shit, just look at some of the talk that goes on here on beyond.

but it's almost a crime for a white person to be proud of being white... (and i'm not saying that i'm super proud of being white or whatever, just pointing out the double standard).

illtim3d
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/warlockx5/white_flour.gif

blueripper6
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

but it's almost a crime for a white person to be proud of being white...

lol.. hardly. Everyone is racist, every group hates others etc etc.. every powerful leader has singled out a race and attacked it.

What you suffer from is the white mans burden, you feel responsible for your forefathers actions... im not sure why, have you ever done anything terribly racist?

CUG
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM

but it's almost a crime for a white person to be proud of being white... (and i'm not saying that i'm super proud of being white or whatever, just pointing out the double standard).

Speak for yourself, I'm proud of being white, the same way everyone else should be proud of their heritage. On that note, people who falsely use that "pride" to incite hatred and violence on others should be nothing less than ashamed of themselves.

It's true though, I see more racism coming from Brown and Asian people. It's usually really passive, and kind of funny. If you can pin whitey with racism all the time, it's easy to get away with it and get a leg up, because if you're not cooperating - you're racist.

01RedDX
07-14-2009, 02:22 PM

B4tMan
07-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6

lol.. hardly. Everyone is racist, every group hates others etc etc.. every powerful leader has singled out a race and attacked it.

What you suffer from is the white mans burden, you feel responsible for your forefathers actions... im not sure why, have you ever done anything terribly racist?
We laughed when Michael changed to white ? :dunno:

sopheclese
07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
What I find to be interesting is this quote from the article, it made me think bad to the relatively recent Aryan guard controversy downtown in Calgary, and the article in the newspaper about how the anti-racism crowd hit the reporter in the head and was 'throwing the first punch' if you will. Its almost as if some of those people just want to fight.

"
On being present at rallies when counter-demonstrators protest against the Klan or other extremist groups, Karen remembers: "I had one incident while photographing a neo-Nazi demonstration. The police had already left when a large group of anti-fascist protesters surrounded some of the Nazi members, and things escalated from there. I started taking pictures of the anti-fascists, and they got extremely upset, and one started to get aggressive with me. I told him that, as we were on public property and it was an active demonstration, I would take images of whatever I wanted, and if he touched my camera I'd break his arm."

"

mushi_mushi
07-14-2009, 02:35 PM
I am not sure of weather or not we had this discussion on this forum but how can someone say, "I'm proud to be white". You are talking about skin color and not nationality or ethnicity. Do white people have a history, a home land, a religion?

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in your roots, however alot of the time when someone throws a blanket statement like im proud to be [insert ethnicity here] they are ethnocentric, meaning they think are just a little better then everyone else not because of anything they may have done but because of the sperm that spawned them.

As for the KKK, that's what happens when you mix a lack of education and ignorance. They blame all thier problems on the immigrants who took their jobs, the jews who are hell bent on controlling the economy.

Dont know why but this also reminds me of the seinfeld episode where George is mistaken for a nazi leader, and the blonde nazi lady is coming on to him in the limo.

Trini
07-14-2009, 03:09 PM
brown friends, however, and whenever i'm with them they're CONSTANTLY sayiing things like 'brown power' etc.

lol @ brown power

tirebob
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
I am not proud of being white... I am happy being myself and I just happen to be white. The colour of my skin has nothing to do with making me a good or bad person, so why should it give me pride? :dunno: maybe a better way to say it is I am not ashamed of being white...

scat19
07-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by tirebob
I am not proud of being white... I am happy being myself and I just happen to be white. The colour of my skin has nothing to do with making me a good or bad person, so why should it give me pride? :dunno: maybe a better way to say it is I am not ashamed of being white...

:werd: :werd:

But my asian girl digs me :love:

ZorroAMG
07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm proud to be half canadian, half lebanese - those are cultures, heritage and values. To say you are proud to be black, white, asian, brown, beige etc is just gay. You are proud to be a colour? WTF?

ghust
07-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I'm proud to be half canadian, half lebanese - those are cultures, heritage and values. To say you are proud to be black, white, asian, brown, beige etc is just gay. You are proud to be a colour? WTF?

no wonder you're such an arrogant prick

TomcoPDR
07-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ghust

no wonder you're such an arrogant prick :eek: :drama:

atgilchrist
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM

That was angry. :eek: :drama:

n1zm0
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM

uhhh ^ wtf, i'll bet you lost your job to an immigrant..

funny is the KKK is anti-catholic but they got the idea from wearing those bedsheets (as Forrest Gump put it :rofl: ) from the spanish inquisition era, a period when catholic values were enforced, they use the hoods so they couldnt be identified when they terrorized the local population in Tennessee during the mid 1800s, sounds like a bunch of cowards to me, show your face if you're so hardcore.. all the victims saw would've been some nutcase in linens on a horse.

also that burning cross thing i think was a misunderstanding from one of them reading it in a book, so even tho the majority of kkk are protestant, burning the cross which symbolizes Jesus and everything you believe in seems errr ok? :nut:

msommers
07-14-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by n1zm0
uhhh ^ wtf, i'll bet you lost your job to an immigrant..

You're probably assuming he is a white, Canadian born citizen. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I find this arguement just ridiculous. Someone says something racist and it's usually assumed 'fuckin white people.' What if the guy is an immigrant himself?

I'll never forget when I was finding a spot for us to sit at lunch in mac hall. Some seats looked open, and asked the guy if a seat was taken. He said "no go ahead." A guy comes back with food in his hand, looks at his buddy and says, "where did my seat go?"

"Ooooh sorry man I thought it wasn't taken," I said.

Guy sitting down looks at him, "Go sit on the other side you stupid fuck."

My jaw must have dropped a little, so he preceded with "Don't worry about it, he's just Lebanese."

Everyone in the group he was sitting with laughed. They were all brown skinned..... Joking or not, it's hard to say but the guy with food was not even cracking a smile but looked actually ashamed.

Fact is, racist shows up everywhere but in North America, it's assumed you're white. Really eerks me sometimes.

Antonito
07-14-2009, 06:05 PM
that said, i obviously don't know any current klan members, and am not sure what the current klan principles are. i do have a lot of brown friends, however, and whenever i'm with them they're CONSTANTLY sayiing things like 'brown power' etc. and basically being very proud of their heritage. i see the same things among my asian friends. i mean shit, just look at some of the talk that goes on here on beyond.

There are three issues at play here: ability, desire, history

With regards to ability, white people have historically had the ability to completely fuck over other races. And not just lynchings, but to systematically fuck them in the ass at every turn. There may be many brown/black/asian people that would love to enslave white people, but no matter how many special interest groups try to take away (christian) white peoples "rights", at the end of the day there cannot be enough minorities to start a political party that could fuck with white people, it's just numerically impossible. On the other hand, while in this day and age it'd take a monumental shift in values, white people could launch such a party, logistically at least.

For desire, how many minorities have groups whose main goal is to subjugate white people because they are unclean monkey-men? I know people that think that brown or black or asian people are far superior, but any malicious ideas they may have are usually centered around becoming rich and succesful, rather than commiting hate crimes. There are some scary violent people out there of all races, but in North America the majority of those people that are in it for racial superiority are white.

Finally history is of course the often discussed reason, being simply that white power movements almost fucking always end up becoming white supremacy movements. They may be sugar coated to try to suck in people that aren't yet racist, but after long enough, surprise, the guy in charge stops talking about standing up for white peoples rights and starts talking about taking away the rights of others.

Speaking of which, I kind of miss that 14WAR88 guy. It was fun watching him try to be all covert with his recruitment, but fail so miserably at it.

Trini
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM

that was uncalled for. :facepalm:

ZEDGE
07-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

White is not a heritage necessarily. One can be proud of being Irish, or Polish, for example, but being proud of just being white is a whole different thing all together.

Neither is "Black", or "Brown", etc, but it works for them...

Kardon
07-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I think its pretty lame, who cares where you are from, like seriously I don't know how many gamertags I run into have aZn in them, I don't give a shit where you're parents are from. If you're an asshat, you're an asshat. I judge a person by how they act, not by who they're related to. A cool cat is a cool cat, no matter what color. :)

CUG
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

Neither is "Black", or "Brown", etc, but it works for them... Thank you, someone got it. I see the rationale for the double standards in this thread, pretty funny.

Antonito, :facepalm:

TomcoPDR
07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
A cool cat is a cool cat, no matter what color. :)

http://mobclub.com/resources/productmaster/Ceiling%20cat%20900.jpg

Off topic a little, so how does skin pigments form "colors"? Does anyone know?

stretch
07-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by tirebob

Well put.

Some people are probably going to bash me for this, but I was thinking the same thing about being Canadian today.

Unless someone can give me a good reason to feel otherwise, I'm not excessively proud of being Canadian (I'm caucasian and have lived here all in case anyone is wondering). Besides developing a few important technologies (telephone) and contributing significantly to both world wars, what have we done to incite pride?

CMW403
07-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
I think its pretty lame, who cares where you are from, like seriously I don't know how many gamertags I run into have aZn in them, I don't give a shit where you're parents are from. If you're an asshat, you're an asshat. I judge a person by how they act, not by who they're related to. A cool cat is a cool cat, no matter what color. :)

well put. iv got friends from all over the globe and skin color has nothing to do with it. if theyre cool, theyre cool.

01RedDX
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM

Antonito
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by CUG

Antonito, :facepalm:

Brilliant rebuttal as usual.

I have an honest question: do you have a learning disability?

Seriously, it seems like anything that is more nuanced than A=A flies right over your head.

*90% of people that yell out White Pride are part of a white supremacist group that has ties to hate crimes*

*0.0001% of people that yell out Brown Pride are part of a brown Supremacist group that has ties to hate crimes*

DOUBLE STANDARD, DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!

:facepalm: indeed

Chester
07-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Black power.

ZEDGE
07-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Everyone knows that "White Pride" actually means "Christian Anglo-Saxon-Germanic Pride."

That's very different from stating black pride or brown pride, because it doesn't have the same connotation - that a certain shade of black or brown is somehow superior to all other shades and races.

I'm sorry but I find that very naive. To say there is no underlying racicism or superiority implied with black power, brown power, etc... cmon. Its all the same shit.

Kardon
07-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Soon it will all be some beige/brown power and this confusion will be over with.

kirberman
07-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

I'm sorry but I find that very naive. To say there is no underlying racicism or superiority implied with black power, brown power, etc... cmon. Its all the same shit.

I agree with you that logically, its naive. But realistically, I agree with Red. Why? I think because I am a visible minority who was born and raised here in Calgary. If I hear "Asian, Brown, Black, etc Power" yelled out on the street, it will get my attention but nothing more. At the same time, if I heard "White Power" yelled on the street, I'm getting the hell out of there. Experience tells me the here in Calgary, minorities USUALLY say it as a sense of pride or they're attention seeking asses. "Whites" say it when they USUALLY want to pick a fight and its USUALLY with a colored person to assert their superiority.

I personally think its whenever you have a majority group of people, there are just more chances to have ignorant people than a minority. Its simple math, they have more people. Don't tell me China doesn't have a shitload of racists.

5fivespeed
07-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Who cares, everyone has their own views on inequalities among races. In the end, you live your life. We've all been faced with injustice once in our lives, but basically:

You're judged by who you are, not by your color. Anyone who goes against that is plain ignorant.

Ray

SneakyNeek
07-15-2009, 09:51 AM
wow buddy has racist tattoed across his head in one of those pics. thats just fucked

Crymson
07-15-2009, 10:31 AM
When people used to call me a racist, i'd say "thanks".

I just thought that they thought that i was really fast.

Tarrantula
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by illtim3d
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/warlockx5/white_flour.gif

I have this shirt. Everyone that has seen it in person.. laughs.

Tik-Tok
07-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm not proud to be white... I'm not even proud to be human, lol.

CUG
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

*90% of people that yell out White Pride are part of a white supremacist group that has ties to hate crimes*

*0.0001% of people that yell out Brown Pride are part of a brown Supremacist group that has ties to hate crimes*

DOUBLE STANDARD, DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!

:facepalm: :rolleyes: :facepalm:

ZEDGE
07-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kirberman

At the same time, if I heard "White Power" yelled on the street, I'm getting the hell out of there.

Well, now I know how to clear the aisle at Superstore. :thumbsup:

;)

ZenOps
07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
We have come a long way from Emmett Till, and the thousands of unreported cases of extreme racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till

What was more disturbing is at the time, the government/legal system condoned the murder by not doing anything about it.

Sadly enough, its a strong motivator for some. I wouldn't dare whistle at a white woman with Rob Anders in the room. Likewise I wouldn't work or play within a good 500 yards of him, which in its own way is a lose/lose situation.

Artillery shell or Tomahawk nuke him on holiday alone in the mountains - maybe. Pay a full time investigator to know where he is at all times to avoid conflict (and maybe get a half dozen criminal convictions against RA if he were black) - most definitely.

Kloubek
07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm not "proud" to be white. I come from Dutch and German bloodlines - the latter of which is nothing to be proud of based on history.

I am, however, thankful that I am white. I don't have to put up with the racist bullshit that minorities do. Unless I lived around Martindale or Taradale... in which case I WOULD be the minority....

2002civic
07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
that is messed up, it is sad that these clowns are allowed to have kids and brainwash them into the same propoganda they fell into...

Tik-Tok
07-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
I wouldn't dare whistle at a white woman with Rob Anders in the room. Likewise I wouldn't work or play within a good 500 yards of him, which in its own way is a lose/lose situation.

:facepalm:

CUG
07-16-2009, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't dare whistle at a white woman with Rob Anders in the room. Likewise I wouldn't work or play within a good 500 yards of him, which in its own way is a lose/lose situation.

Probably because there's a restraining order against you..

calgarygts
07-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
When people used to call me a racist, i'd say "thanks".

I just thought that they thought that i was really fast.

awesome. That made me laugh pretty hard.

ZenOps
07-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Probably because there's a restraining order against you..

I wish I actually had the balls to do something drastic enough to deserve one. I will admit I'm not a nice man to people like that.

If there ever was a man who deserved a pie in the face, its Rob. I'm too chicken to find out if he would get one of his cronies to snap my neck off, hit me over the head with a porcelain toilet tank lid, or gouge an eye out before throwing me in a river though. I'm a patient enough man to let his actions and the general populace as well as his own peers (other MPs) determine his fate.

As long as he doesn't do a Timothy McVeigh before everyone wakes up. Rob Anders has hate for certain other MP's that is larger than his hate for black people, which is considerable... Just a heads up to any government types out there.

I believe the Emmette case was re-opened on personal request of some very higher up people. Possibly Sotomayor at the request of Obama.

BTW: I don't think anyone here would question that Rob Anders is the closest thing we have to a KKK leader in Canada. David Duke being a Grand Wizard of the KKK and a previously elected government official in Republican Lousiana State.

As to why people are this way - I'd like to think its because of some dillusional psychopathy as a result of some diesease like neurosyphilis.

3g4u
07-17-2009, 08:45 AM

I wish I actually had the balls to do something drastic enough to deserve one. I will admit I'm not a nice man to people like that.

If there ever was a man who deserved a pie in the face, its Rob. I'm too chicken to find out if he would get one of his cronies to snap my neck off, hit me over the head with a porcelain toilet tank lid, or gouge an eye out before throwing me in a river though. I'm a patient enough man to let his actions and the general populace as well as his own peers (other MPs) determine his fate.

As long as he doesn't do a Timothy McVeigh before everyone wakes up. Rob Anders has hate for certain other MP's that is larger than his hate for black people, which is considerable... Just a heads up to any government types out there.

I believe the Emmette case was re-opened on personal request of some very higher up people. Possibly Sotomayor at the request of Obama.

BTW: I don't think anyone here would question that Rob Anders is the closest thing we have to a KKK leader in Canada. David Duke being a Grand Wizard of the KKK and a previously elected government official in Republican Lousiana State.

As to why people are this way - I'd like to think its because of some dillusional psychopathy as a result of some diesease like neurosyphilis.

Your rhetoric is getting pretty annoying.

ZorroAMG
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM

Wow....clearly I missed this thread.

Do I know you?

EDIT: nice trolling...almost got me there!