PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Hotel Dining

swak
07-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Ever eaten at any calgary hotels restaurants that you can comment on?
Specifically downtown hotels.

Ive had breakfast and dinner at the sheraton suites, it was pretty expensive, but mediocre. Was expecting a little more coming from the top rated hotel in calgary. Food was dece. worth A LOT less than what was served. (Barclay Upscale Casual)

Had breakfast at the Hyatt a couple times, same deal as the Sheraton, shitty food, good service, expensive. (Thomsons)

Best food ive had in a hotel has got to be at the Delta Bow Valley though. Equivalent service to both hotels named above, awesome food, a lot better pricing. Eaten only dinner here, but ive heard good things about their brunch so might try that out sometime too. Older hotel, but great chefs. (Elements Bistro)
I'd like to think this is a delta wide thing too, as when i went to the Lodge at Kananaskis (delta) i ordered the best steak ive EVER had. It was perfect. ($35, a little pricey, but well worth it for the quality.)

Anything to add?

cooperS
07-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Rimrock at the Fairmont Palliser Hotel

Saint Germain at Hotel Arts

the restaurant at Kensington Riverside Inn ( dont remember the name), its the same owner of olive

asifka
07-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Thomsons in Hyatt was pretty good when i went there for dinner.

bg_27
07-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by cooperS

the restaurant at Kensington Riverside Inn ( dont remember the name), its the same owner of olive

Chef's Table