PDA

View Full Version : Half an inch on the belly in 10 dayss?

bigbadboss101
07-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Is it possible to lose half inch on the mid section in 10 days? I bought a couple suits and everything fits pretty good but the waist is snugged. Wedding in 10 days, and another the weekend after that. I plan to cut sugary food, bread, fried stuff, soda etc and eat lot of fish, chicken, eggs, ground turkey and fruits/veggies.

Does that sound reasonable? I guess some ab exercises to tighten up the core is good too.

Suggestions?

badatusrnames
07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Water only for the next 10 days.

1-Bar
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I dunno about 1/2 inch (not well versed), but with a really good diet and decent exercise regiment, it is possible....

I mean I've been saying I'd cut out all the junk food, sugars....etc, but I find unless you write it down what you'll eat, you'll forget and sneak some food in.

That or you can get some funky food posioning going on, you'll lose the weight for sure, but you might not look so healthy

GL :thumbsup:

dollarbillz
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Water only for the next 10 days.

really?! wont this build up water retention in ur body and make u more fat?

thinmyster
07-16-2009, 06:17 PM
cut carbs and sodium?? both make you retain water.

Actually I dont know. I think this is what fighters do before a fight to make weigh-in.

not sure if it will help your gut but it couldnt hurt

liquidboi69
07-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by dollarbillz

No. When you drink tonnes of water, your body is used to being completely hydrated and flushes water out regularly and easily. And then on the final day, you don't drink anything...but your body still flushes out water easily.

You need to prime your body to do this by drinking tonnes of water before the last day, or else the body won't excrete as much. This is what bodybuilders do.

ZorroAMG
07-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Suggestion?

Get the pants let out. Trying to change your diet for a few days is kinda silly.

A tailor can do it for you for like $15 and a couple hours.

max_boost
07-16-2009, 06:49 PM
10 days? Perfect. Try the master cleanse! haha

Endorsed by Beyond's VW guru 'bart'. Lost 25lbs back in March when he did this. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse

badatusrnames
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by dollarbillz

Do you drink water? I'll assume yes. Do you suffer from this water retention problem?

gear_nut123
07-16-2009, 07:06 PM
dont eat until the wedding :D

Darkane
07-16-2009, 09:33 PM
yes it's possible, easily.

Do the Velocity Diet for 10 days.

It's basically Cassein Protein shakes. One solid meal a week.

People lose a TON of fat fast on it.

Search it up on www.tmuscle.com

bigbadboss101
07-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys. Some of my friends were bugging me saying I sound like a girl. I was in Vancouver for two+ weeks with family and you know Chinese families like to eat when they get together. We ate out a lot, and I have 3 sisters, mom, brother and friends all wanted to go out to eat with me. I put on a little bit and I can tell by how clothes feel, and by looking in the mirror.

The suit jackets fit very nicely. The pants are being altered but one pair of pants are snugged. I tend to wear my clothes baggy (I wear "fat pants" ) and of course these suit pants are not meant to be baggy. Hence the one pair is form fitting which is fine the way it is but I thought if I cut slightly it would be better :-)

PS. ball team went out to DQ and I didn't buy any sweets. The grilled chicken wrap might not be great but I think it's the least of the evil choices.

snoop101
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I like to know how it went after your 2 weeks.

Also what you or other havent mentioned is how over weight you are now. By drinking a lot of water and doing a 2 week clense you will loose it a lot faster if at the beggining of the two weeks you are lets say 40-50lbs over weight compared to someone who is only 20lbs overweight.

Myself I been drinking more water and trying to eat dinner earlier then have bran flakes for breakfast and a small bowl before bed. Also eating a large lunch would help because you will burn it all off through out the day and at the same time not want to snack on stupid stuff.

core_upt
07-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by snoop101

Also eating a large lunch would help because you will burn it all off through out the day and at the same time not want to snack on stupid stuff.

Large meals will kill your weight loss. Eat 6 times a day, small meals, and your body will burn it off quicker. Eat often, eat smart.

OP - 1/2 inch in ten days? Can't say it'll drop off your waist, not will ab work help you, but you should be able to drop 5+ lbs. which could make a difference if you aren't super active in the gym now. Hard workouts, a TON (4+ liters) of water a day, very low carbs and low sodium and you could drop it. Throw in an ECA/EC stack if you're really keen on it.

bigbadboss101
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I am at 5'8" and 193 or so. I would guess high teens in bf%. Need to get that measured. Beside gym I usually play some soccer, slo pitch, tennis, ultimate etc. Used to do that a lot more but now a lot of friends are married and don't hang out as often.

I do believe I need more protein. I eat ok, not enough veggies and fruits, as well as fiber. The last couple nights we had BBQ and lot of junk food in my presence. I wasn't able to skip them completely, but did tone down a lot.

5 lbs I can lose no problem. Just want to get some fat/water out of the mid section. Have increased protein intake, stopped eating late in the evening, and reduce intake of sugar and other junk.

Darkane
07-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I am at 5'8" and 193 or so. I would guess high teens in bf%. Need to get that measured. Beside gym I usually play some soccer, slo pitch, tennis, ultimate etc. Used to do that a lot more but now a lot of friends are married and don't hang out as often.

I do believe I need more protein. I eat ok, not enough veggies and fruits, as well as fiber. The last couple nights we had BBQ and lot of junk food in my presence. I wasn't able to skip them completely, but did tone down a lot.

5 lbs I can lose no problem. Just want to get some fat/water out of the mid section. Have increased protein intake, stopped eating late in the evening, and reduce intake of sugar and other junk.

Honestly - do this, and it will work.

Eat nothing but Steak/chicken and Broccoli until it's time.

Eat eggs in the morning and every other meal Steak/chicken.

That's it. Drink AT LEAST 4L of water a day.

Don't give me bullshit like it's to hard, if you want it make it happen.

You have to cut carbs exclusively to drop lots of water weight. If you want take a herbal diuretic to flush out. But you need to continue water intake/increase it.

benyl
07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
yes it's possible, easily.

Do the Velocity Diet for 10 days.

It's basically Cassein Protein shakes. One solid meal a week.

People lose a TON of fat fast on it.

Search it up on www.tmuscle.com

$556 plus shipping for my fat ass!

bigbadboss101
07-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Yup I can see that cutting carb will yield results. I have upped my protein intake. Will up it more, and cut carb more.

Benyl, you don't have to buy the Biotest expensive supplements. I already have both Dymetized Elite protein and the Gaspari Myofusion protein power. Also have glutamine and BCAA. Not going to take ECA or thermogenics at this time.

snoop101
07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by core_upt

Large meals will kill your weight loss. Eat 6 times a day, small meals, and your body will burn it off quicker. Eat often, eat smart.

OP - 1/2 inch in ten days? Can't say it'll drop off your waist, not will ab work help you, but you should be able to drop 5+ lbs. which could make a difference if you aren't super active in the gym now. Hard workouts, a TON (4+ liters) of water a day, very low carbs and low sodium and you could drop it. Throw in an ECA/EC stack if you're really keen on it.

Ya I guess I used bad wording. I ment to say larger meals. I do agree with more meals in a day helps because it keeps your matabolism going. They do say though that your "larger" meals should be your early ones.

benyl
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

Benyl, you don't have to buy the Biotest expensive supplements.

I was doing research and people say that even if you get a protein powder made, it comes close to the same price.

So, anyone have a cheaper alternative to the V-diet? I need to lose inches!

snoop101
07-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by benyl

I was doing research and people say that even if you get a protein powder made, it comes close to the same price.

So, anyone have a cheaper alternative to the V-diet? I need to lose inches!

Wait for a really hot day, Drink a lot of water and spend the whole day having sex with the misses. you'll loose weight, but she'll be walking around like she just finished a long horseback ride.

Sakui77
07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
fuck the v-diet, do the tnt diet. eat like a man and follow the road to lose weight and eat good. PM me if you want more info on it i'll link you to the T-Nation article in Testosterone Issue 69

AD_Runner
07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Do what woman do..... Go get a body wrap done.... it only last for a few days... you might do it one or 2 days before the wedding!!! :thumbsup:

pf0sh0
07-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Just tailor them! easy way out:poosie:

JMaj7
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
HIIT. Everyday. 6 glasses of water. Eat your carbs in the morning and decrease them as you go along. Eat a palms size of carbs, a fists size of proteins and a hands size of veggies. I'm not sure where I got that from. oh yeah and Cardio>any amount or combination of ab workouts. Run, Row, swim or skip. Don't eat 3 hours before bed.