PDA

View Full Version : Good place for groups of people

scboss
07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey guys just wondering if you know of any good places that take reservations for 20+ people. My birthday is next week so ive been looking around quite a bit. It will be on a weekday if that matters

Ice712
07-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Most restaurants/bars will take a group reservation; especially in the current economic environment.

If you're looking for a sports bar environment then maybe Melrose, Flames Central, or Shanks.

msommers
07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Chuckie Cheese

Super_Geo
07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
I'd say Classic Jack's on 17th Ave and 9th Street. Hot waitresses, gets busy on Wed nights and draws a good crowd. Low on the gangbanger and douchebag count, groups of girls go there on their own, definitely one of my favorite spots in Calgary!

Melrose if you're in denial about being in your 30s.
Shanks if you're rolling with more dong than German sausage factory.

Originally posted by msommers
Chuckie Cheese

:rofl:

scboss
07-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Chuckie Cheese

Lol if only easy street was still around. Thanks for the suggestions, do they have private areas at flames central?

Boat
07-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Typical places would be the old spaghetti factory and mother tuckers, not the greatest places, but good for large groups. Google that shit

Bizzareo
07-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I would go to bolero (its right beside smugglers inn( the environment there is great, the service has always been perfect. You would need a reso though.

Also any Earls or Joey Tomatoes will take 20+ groups.

Mys73ri0
07-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I find that at places such as Earls, Joeys, Jacks etc. service is crap when you go there in a group larger than 8. Either the waittresses forget how to do their job, the food takes forever, or something else just goes wrong.

As mentioned Old Spaghetti Factory actually does a very good job accommodating large groups. However, I doubt it's the type of place you're looking for since it's your birthday, (unless its a family thing).

signature7
07-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Had my birthday at Bolero, 20 people at two large tables. Worked out really well. The service was great, I think they take into consideration that you have a large groups so specifically they come around lots with the popular items, such as, the pineapple. I remember when it was just my gf and I, it took forever to get some more of the stuff we liked.

sneek
07-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by warcaster

Lol if only easy street was still around. Thanks for the suggestions, do they have private areas at flames central?

You bet they do. The "VIP" area of FC is actually pretty nice!