PDA

View Full Version : want to start Rx7 New prject car

sunsam
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Okay some of you guys might know me on here (sunny)
im looking in to buying my dream car finally , which is an RX7 and i dont mind if its RHD , with my budget i could only get the RHD, im selling my 300zx TT LHD soon , now im not familiar with the Rotary engines and the reliability of these cars I Hear horror stories every where i go but is there someone out there that can tell me about there success with the vehicle ? i plan on keeping this car for a long time and plan on driving it 70% of the year until heavy snow fall atleast .. so if anyone can share that would be great thanks

benz_890
07-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by sunsam
Okay some of you guys might know me on here (sunny)
im looking in to buying my dream car finally , which is an RX7 and i dont mind if its RHD , with my budget i could only get the RHD, im selling my 300zx TT LHD soon , now im not familiar with the Rotary engines and the reliability of these cars I Hear horror stories every where i go but is there someone out there that can tell me about there success with the vehicle ? i plan on keeping this car for a long time and plan on driving it 70% of the year until heavy snow fall atleast .. so if anyone can share that would be great thanks

Don't try fixing anything on it plz, especially your brakes

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252651

CSMRX7
07-17-2009, 10:24 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=239007

chkolny541
07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by benz_890

Don't try fixing anything on it plz, especially your brakes

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252651

ZING!

sunsam
07-17-2009, 12:42 PM
hey now SHit happens in the garage guys , rememer it was fuckin minus -35 in my garage to its hard to change brakes in that weather...

bourge73
07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
If you cant change brakes then any project car and forsure a RX7 is not the car for you.

chkolny541
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
If you cant change brakes then any project car and forsure a RX7 is not the car for you.

:werd: an rx-7 has to one of the most unreliable jdm cars out there, and if you cant change your brakes than this car is WAY out of your league mechanically. From my knowledge ppl who buy these cars can commly spend thousands in repairs withen a few short years, although on the other side some ppl have had no problems. Its your choice but if you really dont know how to do ALOT of mechanical work on the car yourself, this car will be VERY expensive. beware

n1zm0
07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
From my knowledge ppl who buy these cars can commly spend thousands in repairs withen a few short years...

Its your choice but if you really dont know how to do ALOT of mechanical work on the car yourself, this car will be VERY expensive. beware

ALL this can change if you put a piston engine into it :D

been my dream project for a while to throw an SR or Rb/2JZ into an FD, thats 80% of your problems out the window.

but then again if you arent mechanically inclined then imo you shouldnt try to over-do it with projects, might end up costing you alot more to get it fixed if you dont know what you're doing, but everyones gotta start somewhere right.

sr20s14zenki
07-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Heh....heres the funny thing.....all of the rx7s coming over here have what...100,000km on them? Low right? HAH. Thats the danger zone, if it hasnt been rebuilt, the engine is pretty much guaranteed to blow in about 10-20K....so if you are going to get one, better have some money to have the engine rebuilt. If a seal DOES go...it isnt cheap, because then you need to most likely purchase a new rotor, a new rotor housing, POSSIBLY a new iron, and maybe a set of turbos if chunks of apex seal fly through your turbine. Rotaries are great, i loved them when i had them, but they are very.......explosive...

yipb
07-18-2009, 10:23 AM
LS1!!!

m10-power
07-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by yipb
LS1!!!

Best advice yet :poosie:

Tarrantula
07-20-2009, 10:18 PM
DIBS ON LHD 300Z