PDA

View Full Version : Kimi Räikkönen rumored to retire from F1

Sykes
07-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Maybe Alonso will make it to Ferrari after all...

Rumors are heating up that Ferrari Formula One driver Kimi Räikkönen will walk away from the grand prix circus at the end of the 2009 season. If the 2007 World Champion does quit, it would free up his seat for two-time champion Fernando Alonso. You'll recall that there's been talk of Alonso making the jump to Ferrari since well before his single unhappy season at McLaren. However, the circumstances have never quite worked out for him. According to reports from his native Finland, Räikkönen may move over to full time rallying like so many of his compatriots before him. Kimi has already competed in three rallies this year and is set to do another later this month. Räikkönen still has another year left on his contract and Ferrari may end up paying his €28 million salary in order to keep him out of any other F1 seat in 2010.

[Source: GPUpdate]

Hakkola
07-18-2009, 05:10 PM
NOOOOOOO000000oooooo.....

Actually, rally is pretty sweet.

Trini
07-18-2009, 07:12 PM
was expected

Bigchuckers
07-19-2009, 01:39 PM
AHHH MY KIMI !!! he doesnt need the money and wants to enjoy his life and do other things. thats too bad ... i know that he loves to go very fast, so hopefully his possible next careers will be something he will enjoy.

Chris Elyea
08-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Kimi's luck hasn't changed much!

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/8/9716.html

We'll have to see if Schumacher's return makes this rumour come true.

buh_buh
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
not surprised at all.
When the Alonso rumors surfaced, I just assumed it would be Kimi leaving. He was never a good fit from the beginning.