PDA

View Full Version : Will Tiesto sell out? Calgary Nov. 12

dkmlam
07-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Do you guys think Tiesto will sell out this year? He's performing at the big four building (~4000 capacity) on Nov. 12, 2009. It should be a sick performance and hopefully it will be packed. I'd like to hear from you guys! What do you think?

Vote above

S13_Ryan
07-18-2009, 07:05 PM
i can't think of a reason why he wouldnt??:dunno:

jumperman8
07-18-2009, 07:27 PM
he sells out 50 000 stadiums, why would 4000 be a big deal?

icky2unk
07-18-2009, 07:46 PM
you couldn't just ask in the thread already made!?

icky2unk
07-18-2009, 07:47 PM
He sold out in the shaw conference centre 2 years back. That had way more capacity then 4000

Adrenaline101
07-18-2009, 08:17 PM
wannttt tickeettss *drools* and if we have 1/10th the fanbase in alberta as other places do, he'll sell out no problem

dkmlam
07-18-2009, 10:42 PM
I was just curious because I know he sold out really fast at FC last year, but wasn't sure if there are over 4000 Tiesto fans in Calgary. That's quite a few!

LongCity
07-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
he sells out 50 000 stadiums, why would 4000 be a big deal?

We're in Calgary... albeit, the electronica scene is growing quite a bit here.

JordanAndrew
07-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Meh Tiesto is over rated, his older stuff were wicked. Nowadays it all sounds the same old blah. Nothing to get excited about. Then again there are tons of teenage posers that will go to this event and say "It's the best show evar!!" when in fact they don't even know what the fuck they are talking about.

To sum it up, yes it will sold out with a shit load of jailbaits, teenie boppers, posers and douchebags alike. Haha wow I'm a hater now. :D

Adrenaline101
07-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Id buy a ticket on the basis that its going to be full of jailbait and teenie boppers alone, I just need a theme song and I can be the ultimate mid 20's creeper goin!!

I will admit that his older stuff is alot better, but since I never got to go see a show back then, or in europe, etc. Ill take what I can get.

n1zm0
07-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Meh Tiesto is over rated, his older stuff were wicked. Nowadays it all sounds the same old blah. Nothing to get excited about. Then again there are tons of teenage posers that will go to this event and say "It's the best show evar!!" when in fact they don't even know what the fuck they are talking about.

To sum it up, yes it will sold out with a shit load of jailbaits, teenie boppers, posers and douchebags alike. Haha wow I'm a hater now. :D

This X10, guido hair, that jumping exercise they call dancing and affliction,ed hardy shirts in tow, they will all leave thinking there are no other Djs that are comparable. Teen bandwagon ftl.

It will most likely sell out like edmonchuck and he is a great performer no doubt, but if you think him and AvB are the end all be all, thanks for coming out. Listen all the way back to gouryella and other 99-00 djs then lmk.

I'm a hater solely from how the shows have evolved and not the interest in the music because I think our city is long overdue for it's influence, but since my first one, oakenfold at tantra in early 00 and listening to this stuff since
99, I'm disappointed as to what it's become and what the 'kids' think is 'the best Dj in the world' according to thedjlist, euro show clips on YouTube and that one time they heard adagio for strings for the first time and decided tiesto is a god.

Adrenaline101
07-19-2009, 02:27 AM
I actually love adagio for strings by tiesto only for the fact that I love the original instrumental, platoon and it being dramatic background music for homeworld hooked me on that song, lol.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Adrenaline101
I actually love adagio for strings by tiesto only for the fact that I love the original instrumental, platoon and it being dramatic background music for homeworld hooked me on that song, lol.

Yeah, thats a sick song,
My favorites would be

-Traffic
-Hide and Seek Remix
-Elements of Life
-Ten Seconds Before Sunrise
-Bright Morning Star
-Forbidden Parade
And about those Ed Hardy Shirts, why is it if one "prep" wears one, everyone else has too ... I just don't get it.
I guess everyone has to jump on the bandwagon,
Ed Hardy will be out next year and some other bandwagon will start.

icky2unk
07-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Not everyone who goes to Tiesto has to be bad.

Anywho,

Hide & Seek remix by far my fav song by tiesto. Can't go wrong with Imogen Heap

Nissan_Fanboy
07-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by icky2unk
Not everyone who goes to Tiesto has to be bad.

Anywho,

Hide & Seek remix by far my fav song by tiesto. Can't go wrong with Imogen Heap

Yeah bro, so chill, such a great driving song!

DJ Lazy
07-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

Someone that shares my pain.... :) And to be honest Tiesto "sold out" along time ago... :rofl:

LongCity
07-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I like this remix of Hide and Seek better:

Hide and Seek R3volve Remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZMcK_7_MEY)

Edit: It's House though not Trance.

nodoubtt
07-20-2009, 07:10 AM
fuck tiesto!
god it makes me so angry that this brand of very uninspired music is so god damn popular and flooding the "top ___" charts when there are so so SO many great electronic dance music artists who's works are largely unrecognized in comparison.
It's like when I went to see felix cartal and there were at best a handful of people there to witness the magic.
sorry, /rant