PDA

View Full Version : 2010 WRX base price drops

Aleks
07-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Drops another $1500, leather pack now available for $3k. STI remains unchanged.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/07/19/subaru-announces-2010-impreza-pricing.htm

hampstor
07-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Official Announcement:

SUBARU CANADA ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR 2010 IMPREZA LINEUP
July 17, 2009

Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) today announced pricing for its 2010 Impreza lineup. An exceptional combination of rally-bred performance, outstanding occupant protection, and value, Impreza has recently won industry accolades for all three qualities. Rated a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, this generation of Impreza was also the top performer in the mid-compact category of the ALG Canadian Residual Value Awards, and the WRX was named the Best Sports Performance Car by Canada’s Motoring television program.

The 2010 Impreza, with all its power and safety, becomes an even better deal when it goes on sale in Canada in mid-July.

- The affordable performance of the Impreza 2.5i sedan re-defines the concept of “entry level.” The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the well-equipped Impreza 2.5i is unchanged for 2010 at $20,995 when equipped with the 5-speed manual transmission (5MT). With the 4-speed electronic automatic transmission with SPORTSHIFT, MSRP of the 2.5i sedan is $22,095. The Sport Package adds $3,700, and a new Limited Package with leather interior has an MSRP of $26,995.

- MSRP for the Impreza 2.5i 5-door model starts at $21,895, equipped with the 5MT.

- The new base model turbocharged Impreza WRX gains a 265 horsepower engine, suspension tuning, and carries a lower MSRP than the previous year’s WRX265 model at $32,495 for the sedan and $33,395 for the 5-door. A new Limited Package with leather interior adds $3,000 to the base price.

- The Impreza flagship—the turbocharged WRX STI—is offered solely in the 5-door bodystyle with a 6-speed manual transmission and an MSRP of $39,995.

For complete information about model pricing, specifications, Subaru’s award-winning 2.5-litre turbo engine, Symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive, and the outstanding active and passive safety features that are built into every vehicle Subaru offers, please visit www.subaru.ca.

Too bad they don't list what changes (if any) are made to the STI .

http://subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?ArticleID=6081&WebPageID=4998&WebSiteID=282

heavyD
07-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I believe the 2010 STI will be largely unchanged. The only change that was really coming was the 5-speed auto and it appears Canada will not see that transmission.

Very good pricing on the WRX though especially when you consider what last gen WRX's were selling for. Maybe that will help sales pick up for a pretty decent little hatch.

Aleks
07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
2010 STI remains the same. For 2011 model year the STI Sedan version has been all but confirmed by Subaru.

clem24
07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
2010 STI remains the same. For 2011 model year the STI Sedan version has been all but confirmed by Subaru.

So how does this work? I think the sedan was only recently introduced in Japan, and there is no turbo version. So the rest of the world gets the hatch? In any case, I say :whocares: cause until Subaru wakes up and realize they are building nothing but FUGLY cars, I think I'll be taking my $$$ elsewhere (i.e. I really can't see my next car being a Subie even though I love them so much).

Xtrema
07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
I know this is a different class all together, wonder if Genesis Coupe is the cause of the price drop.

Mibz
07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I know this is a different class all together, wonder if Genesis Coupe is the cause of the price drop. I would imagine the Lancer and Ralliart had more to do with it. I don't know about pricing but I do know that most people find the Lancers a lot more aesthetically pleasing. If they're less expensive then I'd imagine the layman's decision is already made by that point.

Xtrema
07-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I would imagine the Lancer and Ralliart had more to do with it. I don't know about pricing but I do know that most people find the Lancers a lot more aesthetically pleasing. If they're less expensive then I'd imagine the layman's decision is already made by that point.

You're right, $32498 and $33498 which is exactly what the WRX is set to now. And I didn't know that Ralliart sportback is already out, so the 2 products now goes head to head.

clem24
07-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I would imagine the Lancer and Ralliart had more to do with it. I don't know about pricing but I do know that most people find the Lancers a lot more aesthetically pleasing. If they're less expensive then I'd imagine the layman's decision is already made by that point.

I think the Sportback is ugly... Maybe just me. Probably because the Sportback is an afterthought, whereas the WRX was conceived as a hatch. But then again, the WRX is also ugly, but in this case, the lesser of 2 evils. The other issue is that Mitsubishi is still perceived as the GM of the Japanese automakers (i.e. reliability). Can't beat that warranty though.

As for the Genesis coupe - not the same class of car. One is a real sports car/GT, the other is just a really fast, hopped up, run-of-the-mill sedan.

vancouvercars
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Times are tough they should drop the price!

Eleanor
07-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by clem24
In any case, I say :whocares: cause until Subaru wakes up and realize they are building nothing but FUGLY cars, I think I'll be taking my $$$ elsewhere (i.e. I really can't see my next car being a Subie even though I love them so much). Subaru's actually doing quite well right now (relatively speaking of course)

Chester
07-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Damn! I wanted to wait until next year to pick up my 265 because I knew subaru would definitely make changes. Guess I'm just gonna have to live with my cloth seats

frnzyfyta
07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
There are no changes to the STi. I was sitting in a new WRX limited today and the leather is definetly nice. Looks like the same seats at the japanese sti limited. media hub is kind of neat too. personally i am more excited about the more barebones wrx.

theken
07-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I like the subarus newer look. Old ones looked like camrys

clem24
07-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by frnzyfyta
There are no changes to the STi. I was sitting in a new WRX limited today and the leather is definetly nice.

Speaking of which.. And slightly off topic. I've noticed the leather in my LGT scratches easily. I wonder if it's synthetic...

jdmXSI
07-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by vancouvercars
Times are tough they should drop the price!

Not really for Subaru, they are one of 2 manufacturers that are in the black both in Canada and the United States. How ever I do agree it is to see another drop in MSRP.

Towona
07-22-2009, 03:52 PM
They didn't really drop the price...they merely provided a model with fewer ammenities (moonroof, premium audio etc...) and the price reflects that.

98type_r
07-23-2009, 11:47 AM
^ good call, i didn't notice that at first.

frnzyfyta
07-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Just FYI the exact upgraded features from a base WRX to a WRX limited are:

-Multi-relector halogen fog lights
-Power Tilting and sliding glass moon roof
-Premium AM/FM/6cd/mp3/wma audio system with SRS cs-auto audio enhancement, 2 tweets, premium speakers and steering wheel-intergrated audio controls
-3 month trial subscription of sirius satellite
-MediaHub for IPOD/USB integration
-Leather seating surfaces

All yours for $3000

.civictyper.
08-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Just picked up my 2010 WRX limited yesterday..

Everything you said about the limited is correct except I got a 6month subscription to sirius.

Oh and apparently the grill is slightly different but I will have to confirm that (sales guy said so).

Great car.

.civictyper.
08-11-2009, 03:00 PM
different from 09' **

Aleks
08-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by .civictyper.
Just picked up my 2010 WRX limited yesterday..

Everything you said about the limited is correct except I got a 6month subscription to sirius.

Oh and apparently the grill is slightly different but I will have to confirm that (sales guy said so).

Great car.

Which dealer did you get it from? Are they starting to have stock now? A 24 month lease is very tempting. Residual is something like 73% :nut:

.civictyper.
08-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Centaur Subaru, Go see Ryan.
They are starting to have them rolling in. I think they have a couple in stock right now.
Ya the terms on a 24 month lease are really good, you can easily have a payment under $400

heavyD
08-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Which dealer did you get it from? Are they starting to have stock now? A 24 month lease is very tempting. Residual is something like 73% :nut:

Sold the GTI?

bigbadboss101
08-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Have you guys been able to get much off MSRP?

max_boost
08-13-2009, 03:36 AM
Yes you can always negotiate a deal with Subaru's. That's why I keep buying them!

Aleks
08-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Sold the GTI?

Yes I did. Now I am looking for a cheap lease.

heavyD
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM

Cheap lease? This is beyond.ca home of high rollers. Did you buy a house or have a kid lol.

bigbadboss101
08-13-2009, 10:23 AM

You no longer have the GTI but have a Forrester? Or is that your 2nd car?

So for similar price range as the WRX 265 what else is worth considering??
I was looking at a 04 Audi S4 with low mileage and price isn't much lower than the invoice of the WRX 265.

gpomp
08-13-2009, 11:43 AM
^i think it's his wife's car :poosie:

heavyD
08-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

You no longer have the GTI but have a Forrester? Or is that your 2nd car?

So for similar price range as the WRX 265 what else is worth considering??
I was looking at a 04 Audi S4 with low mileage and price isn't much lower than the invoice of the WRX 265.

The new MS3 or Ralliart come to mind. He wants to lease so used cars aren't probably an option.

bigbadboss101
08-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Actually one might get rebates/discounts on the 09 but the lease on the 2010's are better.

Aleks
08-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Did you buy a house or have a kid lol.

:rofl: How did you know? We bought a much bigger place and move in 2 weeks and our first born is due in about 5 weeks. And yes the Forester is the designated baby hauler now.

heavyD
08-13-2009, 03:41 PM

:rofl: How did you know? We bought a much bigger place and move in 2 weeks and our first born is due in about 5 weeks. And yes the Forester is the designated baby hauler now.

Been there done that so it's easy to put 2 & 2 together. Actually I use the EVO as a hauler as well as my wife's CUV but I hate removing car seats so much I purchased two more for my car but those things aren't cheap and no more crayons in the car.:banghead:

bigbadboss101
08-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Aleks are you thinking lease for two years and then give it back or sell and give them the $?

I am tempted. May be if a couple of us go to Centaur they will give us a special deal.

Aleks
08-13-2009, 05:35 PM

Been there done that so it's easy to put 2 & 2 together. Actually I use the EVO as a hauler as well as my wife's CUV but I hate removing car seats so much I purchased two more for my car but those things aren't cheap and no more crayons in the car.:banghead:

Haha I am looking forward to it. I need to make sure whatever I get next will have ok room for a seat as we will are getting two seats.

Aleks are you thinking lease for two years and then give it back or sell and give them the $?

I am tempted. May be if a couple of us go to Centaur they will give us a special deal.

Yes the two year lease with the usual discount + loyalty rate incentive = something like low 400s with tax. Low 300s with like 2k down. No one else can match those rates I don't think.

simplyRed
08-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by .civictyper.
Centaur Subaru, Go see Ryan.
They are starting to have them rolling in. I think they have a couple in stock right now.
Ya the terms on a 24 month lease are really good, you can easily have a payment under $400

Wow, thanks for the positive word. I am Ryan at Centaur Subaru and yes we have the 2010 WRX in. Actually the 2010 STI rolled up this morning.
As for 'deals', there is nothing official yet as they are new production cars but if you are a serious buyer out there I will help you out as best I can
[email protected]

bigbadboss101
08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I was there to talk to Patrick. Even if the 2009s are cheaper the 2010's lease rate beats it, unless you pay cash. I asked them about $500 above invoice and they said they haven't sold anything with that much discounts.

Tested a 2009 Legacy Spec B. Pretty nice and about same price as the WRX Limited but no low least rate. Tempted... The more luxurious Spec B vs the better performance of WRX Limited. I will be going there Friday to test the WRX as they didn't have one for testing Thursday night.

Aleks, I dont know how you got those numbers. The subaru Canada site shows 3 year lease with payment just under $400 I think with 10% down. If you can get $2000 off then knock off a bit more.

Aleks
08-14-2009, 07:06 AM

Aleks, I dont know how you got those numbers. The subaru Canada site shows 3 year lease with payment just under $400 I think with 10% down. If you can get $2000 off then knock off a bit more.

If you would like more info or help please PM me.

max_boost
08-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I can't remember, are the residuals set on the lease or is it a % of the sale price?

Cause it would be awesome if the residual was set and every dollar down payment plus discounts get deducted directly from the sale price haha (I think this is the case).

benyl
08-14-2009, 02:04 PM
No, it is based on the MSRP which is better for you.

75% of $100K car = $75,000 ($5K down = total $95K)

75% of a $95K car = $71,500

You pay $20K in the first scenario (no interest)
You pay $23.5K in the second.

psycoticclown
08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I was there to talk to Patrick. Even if the 2009s are cheaper the 2010's lease rate beats it, unless you pay cash. I asked them about $500 above invoice and they said they haven't sold anything with that much discounts.

Tested a 2009 Legacy Spec B. Pretty nice and about same price as the WRX Limited but no low least rate. Tempted... The more luxurious Spec B vs the better performance of WRX Limited. I will be going there Friday to test the WRX as they didn't have one for testing Thursday night.

The WRX and the Spec B should be the same in the performance category, but the Spec B has the STi motor and STi transmission which means more power reliably and cheaper.

Aleks
08-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

The WRX and the Spec B should be the same in the performance category, but the Spec B has the STi motor and STi transmission which means more power reliably and cheaper.

They are not, the new WRX is quite a bit faster than the Spec B.

benyl
08-17-2009, 11:24 PM

They are not, the new WRX is quite a bit faster than the Spec B.

The WRX265 is faster than the STI.

heavyD
08-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by benyl

One of the stranges maneuvers I've seen by a manufacturer. Make the lower level car faster (only just barely though) than your flagship car. Subaru was obviously very paranoid about Mitsubishi releasing an EVO-lite Ralliart but I'm not sure they needed to go that far as the real problem with the 08 WRX was the poor suspension tuning not the acceleration which was already in line with the MS3, Cobalt, Ralliart, etc. The Subaru forums have adopted the "why spend extra on the STI when the WRX is as fast/faster" by the majority. Obviously the price of the STI is warranted by all the extra equipment but it is a compelling arguement. Cannibalizing your own lineup isn't good business.

wes_v
08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by simplyRed

Wow, thanks for the positive word. I am Ryan at Centaur Subaru and yes we have the 2010 WRX in. Actually the 2010 STI rolled up this morning.
As for 'deals', there is nothing official yet as they are new production cars but if you are a serious buyer out there I will help you out as best I can
[email protected]
WHAAAAATTTTTTT we only have 2010 leagacy's, outback's, impreza's, and WRX's the limited as well, but no STi's!!!

bigbadboss101
08-18-2009, 08:52 PM
So for those who do not like the Altezza lights, do you think car would look better with:

a) red inlays over the entire taillights
b) smoke/black inlays over entire taillights
c) red inlays excluding the backup lights
d) smoke/black inlays excluding backup lights

I think the red on white car looks nice. On a dark color may be smoke/black would look better.

Opinions?

Aleks
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
So for those who do not like the Altezza lights, do you think car would look better with:

I think the red on white car looks nice. On a dark color may be smoke/black would look better.

Opinions?

C

max_boost
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by benyl

I must not be driving mine fast enough because it doesn't seem that quick. :nut:

gpomp
08-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I must not be driving mine fast enough because it doesn't seem that quick. :nut: stock sti isn't all that fast either...

wes_v
08-18-2009, 11:44 PM

Opinions?
C) but its a 3m film that is overlayed on the taillight, i have never heard of someone doing an inlay? that would meen you would have to take apart the tailight.

.civictyper.
08-19-2009, 09:55 AM
I must not be driving mine fast enough because it doesn't seem that quick.

Go stage 2.

bigbadboss101
08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I think he has all the mods to be in stage two. To go fast wife must not be in passenger seat :-)

max_boost
08-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Is the current gen STi slower than the last one? :dunno:

I must be getting old because I'm not a fan of the louder exhausts anymore. Seriously thinking about removing my turboback and going stage1. :nut:

Aleks
08-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Is the current gen STi slower than the last one? :dunno:

I must be getting old because I'm not a fan of the louder exhausts anymore. Seriously thinking about removing my turboback and going stage1. :nut:

Which car are you talking about the 06 or 09?

Do you have anything on the 09? Either way the current STI is about the same in terms of performance as the older gen. I drove both the new STI and the new WRX and the WRX does feel faster. However it's a lot softer and doesn't look as good.

Also from looking at logs on the WRX it seems it was tuned for fuel economy as you have to have the go pedal in 90+% to build full boost quickly :burnout:

max_boost
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Removing the turboback from the 06 WRX. The exhaust rumble is starting to annoy me a bit and everytime I punch it I feel like such a ricer lol :rofl:

The 09 is stock. Wife drives it.

So I drove the 09 again last night but punched it good and yeah, it felt a lot faster lol

bigbadboss101
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Alex you picking up one soon?

Max yeah I am not fan of loud exhausts. I wish my CTS-V was more quiet. Don't plan to put exhausts on my WRX once it gets delivery. Probably Accessport, a custom tune so I can go back to base map if I was to bring it to the dealer. Likely don't need intake either. Just some snow tires, accessport, that's it.

Phenix
08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I wish the prices for the subarus here were the same as the US. its not fair how we get ripped off on the cars here

Chester
08-19-2009, 04:26 PM
I :love: my 265. Brings a smile to my face every time I hit boost.:D

B4tMan
08-19-2009, 04:40 PM
I know 290+ on EVO and STi

with the AWD, what is the 0-60 time ?

Aleks
08-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Alex you picking up one soon?

Max yeah I am not fan of loud exhausts. I wish my CTS-V was more quiet. Don't plan to put exhausts on my WRX once it gets delivery. Probably Accessport, a custom tune so I can go back to base map if I was to bring it to the dealer. Likely don't need intake either. Just some snow tires, accessport, that's it.

Tomorrow hopefully. The deal is too good to pass up. :D

bigbadboss101
08-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah you are a repeat customer so they would give you a nice discount, plus the better lease rate. They got a stock # for my car so perhaps in a few days. Getting 3M, dark tinted tails, and window tints. They wouldn't get the front two windows done for me so I'll go back to Shadow later.

Let us know when you get yours. I am gonna drive up to Red Deer with the guys this weekend to VEX, in my Caddy :rolleyes:

403Gemini
08-20-2009, 09:48 AM

Tomorrow hopefully. The deal is too good to pass up. :D

I'll buy it from you in 3 years ;) j/k

AaronK
08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
STI remains unchanged.

Well thats a shame, I would love to buy an STi but its too expensive IMO

Aleks
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I'll buy it from you in 3 years ;) j/k

how about 2 yrs when the lease is up :D

How's the 06 running?

403Gemini
08-20-2009, 02:38 PM

how about 2 yrs when the lease is up :D

How's the 06 running?

Very solid, I need to buy some new tires but I may just wait for next year spring, no point in getting new toys for 1-2 months before switching to the winters.

Only thing is I need to buy a new passenger side headlight, some fucker hit it on a hit and run. Luckily it was just the housing unit... the exterior casing plastic held up but you can see in the pic below that the housing unit is cracked. Thankfully all of the bulbs still work though :eek: , but a replacement headlight is $500+ a pop. Needless to say I'm keeping my eyes on ebay for 06 STi Headlights ;)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/cryage/DSC00422.jpg

psycoticclown
08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Guess I'll have to wait til 2011 and grab the STi sedan :burnout:

Team_Mclaren
08-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Guess I'll have to wait til 2011 and grab the STi sedan :burnout:

but.... the LGT is best???!:dunno: :nut: :nut:

psycoticclown
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Doesn't mean I don't want a STi :D

SilverRex
08-20-2009, 06:33 PM
max your heading up to vex this sunday?

4doorj
08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Man all this wrx/sti talking is making me wish I got a STI instead of my WRX:(
I can't wait to see the new STI sedans.

Removing the turboback from the 06 WRX. The exhaust rumble is starting to annoy me a bit and everytime I punch it I feel like such a ricer lol :rofl:

I still have to get a exhaust for the WRX. I absolutely love the boxer rumble exhaust sounds.
It's the ricer in me :rofl:

psycoticclown
08-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
I still have to get a exhaust for the WRX. I absolutely love the boxer rumble exhaust sounds.

:werd: Boxer rumble :drool:

max_boost
08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Man all this wrx/sti talking is making me wish I got a STI instead of my WRX:(

I think you prefer the comforts of the WRX over the STi anyway. If you want the Cobb exhaust, let me know and I'll sell you mine for cheap haha

heavyD
08-21-2009, 07:10 AM

Are you sure this rumor has been confirmed?

4doorj
08-21-2009, 07:12 AM

Are you sure this rumor has been confirmed?
No idea. But the idea sounds cool.

403Gemini
08-21-2009, 09:04 AM
They should bring back the sedan STi. Don't get me wrong , the hatches did end up growing on me, but I think a sedan version would eliminate some body roll.

Aleks
08-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Picked it up last night. Was looking for a cheap lease and this ended up being the best deal by far for cars under 30K. It's a base WRX (no leather). Chose the sedan as we have a Forester so don't need 2 wagons. Looks like a corolla doesn't it :rofl:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0250Large.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0277Large.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0284Large.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0276Large.jpg

4doorj
08-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Congrats on the new car.
Looks good

bigbadboss101
08-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Sweet! You coming out this weekend? Yours must have been in stock cuz mine isn't here yet.

Staying stock?

Aleks
08-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Sweet! You coming out this weekend? Yours must have been in stock cuz mine isn't here yet.

Staying stock?

Mine wasn't in stock but I ordered it over the phone last week. They found one quicky and brought it in this week.

The only mods will be some snow tires and mud flaps. Stock exhaust is loud enough for me. Must be getting old.

bigbadboss101
08-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Hmm I am little bit tempted to get after market Nav double din stereo. May be not.

Will get snow tires for sure. Not sure Nokian or WinterSports or Hankook or ... ?

simplyRed
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM

Mine wasn't in stock but I ordered it over the phone last week. They found one quicky and brought it in this week.

The only mods will be some snow tires and mud flaps. Stock exhaust is loud enough for me. Must be getting old.

JdmXSI (Bobby) and I and a bunch of others are meeting at Deerfoot mall on Sunday morning at 10 am to go to the meet in Red deer if you want to join us.

Aleks
08-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by simplyRed

JdmXSI (Bobby) and I and a bunch of others are meeting at Deerfoot mall on Sunday morning at 10 am to go to the meet in Red deer if you want to join us.

Thanks for the invite but I am really busy getting ready to move next week. Maybe next time.

max_boost
08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Picked it up last night. Was looking for a cheap lease and this ended up being the best deal by far for cars under 30K. It's a base WRX (no leather). Chose the sedan as we have a Forester so don't need 2 wagons. Looks like a corolla doesn't it :rofl:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0250Large.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0277Large.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0284Large.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/aleksl_2008/2010%20wrx/DSC_0276Large.jpg

Nice bro. Very nice. Mine looks justlike it! haha

max_boost
08-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Hmm I am little bit tempted to get after market Nav double din stereo. May be not.

Will get snow tires for sure. Not sure Nokian or WinterSports or Hankook or ... ?

Hankook i-pike 409's and Michelin Pilot Alpins are both very good. H-rated so it's the perfect balance between wet/snow performance. When it's dry out I don't know notice that big of a difference between those and my summers but yet they still work great when the snow falls.

You could always go with an ultra stick Q-rated Blizzaks or X-Ice but when the roads dry up it'll be like driving on marshmellows lol

SilverRex
08-21-2009, 03:32 PM
congradulations, another one for team white :D

sam are you coming on sunday?

max_boost
08-21-2009, 04:15 PM
No I should work. Already took a couple weeks off for holidays etc.

bigbadboss101
08-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Damn the sedan is growing on me, and the white is hot.

SilverRex
08-21-2009, 05:02 PM
^ what you didnt get white?

Aleks
08-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Damn the sedan is growing on me, and the white is hot.

The more I see it the more I like it. OEM kit looks really nice.

Thanks, yours has fogs and s/r, mine doesn't as they changed a few things around for 2010.

403Gemini
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Anybody wanna have a mini subaru meet sometime? :D

bigbadboss101
08-21-2009, 05:55 PM
403 you going up to Red Deer on Sunday?
I dont have my car yet but plan to drive up with the guys in my Caddy.

403Gemini
08-21-2009, 06:06 PM
I dont think so, havent seen my gf all week so i finally get to spend some time with her this weekend

wes_v
09-18-2009, 09:32 PM

I hate how the 2010 WRX base model dosent have a sunroof or fog-lights. The 09 model came with them, But i guess thats why they have the limited for a bit more with leather, fog-lights, and a sunroof. Its kind of chincy IMO.

bigbadboss101
09-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey those of you who have the WRX 265 or 2010 WRX, what winter set up are you going with? Did any of you replace the stock deck with a double din w/ Nav unit? I am contemplating a new head unit as the stock one is kinda muffled. I did get some 16" winter tires.

Aleks
09-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey those of you who have the WRX 265 or 2010 WRX, what winter set up are you going with? Did any of you replace the stock deck with a double din w/ Nav unit? I am contemplating a new head unit as the stock one is kinda muffled. I did get some 16" winter tires.

I am still looking for a used set of 16s (possibly stock 02-04wrx wheels). I bought a set of 16" tires for the forester from Canadian tire as they have a 25% off sale right now.