PDA

View Full Version : 1 More Protein scoops

Dumbass17
07-20-2009, 07:41 AM
alright so i finally did a quick calculation of my average daily protein intake and with including 2 scoops of whey protein isolate (one in the morning with breakfast, one after workout)
it came to ~150g.
i am 5'11, 155lbs and figure i should weigh in closer to ~170lbs.
so with that said, i'm missing ~20g of protein per day as it's recommended for 1-1.5g per 1lb of desired body weight.

anyways, what would you guys suggest doing to get more protein?

i realize the easiest method is to probably ingest an extra scoop of powder to make up for this but is that my only option (besides eating another chicken breast? lol)

also, when would you suggest ingesting this additional 3rd scoop?
-additional one with breakfast?
-mid day?
-pre worKout?
-additional one with post workout?

(FYI - I workout either right after work before supper if I'm off early or around 7:30 after dinner has settled)

G-Suede
07-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I seriously hope you are fucking joking.

Tarrantula
07-20-2009, 10:18 AM
^elaborate?

Are you talking about the 1g per lb? or....

A790
07-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Have three eggs for breakfast. Bam, 18g of easily digestable protein and only 240 calories.

Dumbass17
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by G-Suede
I seriously hope you are fucking joking.
:confused: ??
uhm...why?

Originally posted by A790
Have three eggs for breakfast. Bam, 18g of easily digestable protein and only 240 calories.
i have 2 eggs for breakfast already in that calc

ApexDrift
07-20-2009, 10:43 AM
1 @ breakfast
1 pre or post workout... i read somewhere that having a shake 1 hour preworkout will yield 2-3% better results then post workout
1 a hour before bed

Darkane
07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
1 scoop DURING workout, 1 scoop 30minutes after the last rep hits the floor.

But I mean 20 measly grams?

One average chicken breast (5-6oz) has about ~50g protein.

Eat my son.

Oh yeah - eat a can of tuna. 30g done.

Tarrantula
07-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Oh yeah - eat a can of tuna. 30g done.

Can of Salmon. 38g.

Meback
07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Have an additional egg for breakfast, and 250g of cottage cheese before you go to bed. Problem solved.

BigMass
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

Can of Salmon. 38g.

= 3x the price

Tarrantula
07-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

= 3x the price

More protein. Plus tuna sucks. Im all about the bones in Salmon :D

(where is it 3X the price?!)

Dumbass17
07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
thanks for the suggestions. i'm not a huge fan of eating more, i eat all throughout the day and if i eat more, i would just be FULL.
and i can't do the cottage cheese thing, i've tried it on a few different occasions and can't stand the taste/texture.

A790
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
thanks for the suggestions. i'm not a huge fan of eating more, i eat all throughout the day and if i eat more, i would just be FULL.
and i can't do the cottage cheese thing, i've tried it on a few different occasions and can't stand the taste/texture.
Dude, add 2 eggs to your morning scramble. Add a scoop of protein before bed. BAM- now you've added 32g!

Dumbass17
07-20-2009, 07:57 PM
LOL i already eat 2 eggs for breakfast
2 eggs, egg mcmuffin, 2 slices of meat and a shake is my typical breakfast, i don't think i can eat 4 eggs lol

Redlined_8000
07-20-2009, 08:15 PM
You need more protein in your diet... but your not a fan of eating more...

As Arnold would say... "Stop whining! You kids are soft. You lack discipline!"

Darkane
07-20-2009, 08:21 PM
LOL i already eat 2 eggs for breakfast
2 eggs, egg mcmuffin, 2 slices of meat and a shake is my typical breakfast, i don't think i can eat 4 eggs lol

Can't eat four eggs?

Honestly? Pound that shit down man. Fuck start eating 8-10 a serving then we talk.

G-Suede
07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
LOL you can't eat 4 eggs? I used to eat 12. When I got sick of eating them, I blended 12 scrambled eggs with apple juice and pounded the whole thing.

If you can't eat 4 eggs it's time to choose another pastime because you clearly don't get it.

Adding one more scoop of protein will do exactly FUCK ALL.

colt22
07-20-2009, 11:43 PM
LOL you can't eat 4 eggs? I used to eat 12. When I got sick of eating them, I blended 12 scrambled eggs with apple juice and pounded the whole thing.

If you can't eat 4 eggs it's time to choose another pastime because you clearly don't get it.

Adding one more scoop of protein will do exactly FUCK ALL.

thats retarded...

3 eggs yields a good amount of healthy fat and protein and 30g of whey ISOLATE (not concentrate) in milk will supply you with that additional breakfast protein grams needed to meet your requirements.

Your nobody had no use for the copious amounts of cholesterol from '12 eggs', nor the extremely high fat to protein/carb ratio, 12 eggs.. seriously? Look at your damn macros.

Dumbass17
07-21-2009, 08:42 AM
lol
i eat 2 large eggs, with an english muffin and 2 slices of meat (usually cheapass fried bologna)

i could do 4 eggs without anything else, but jesus 8-12 eggs?
god that makes me want to puke right here haha

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by colt22

thats retarded...

3 eggs yields a good amount of healthy fat and protein and 30g of whey ISOLATE (not concentrate) in milk will supply you with that additional breakfast protein grams needed to meet your requirements.

Your nobody had no use for the copious amounts of cholesterol from '12 eggs', nor the extremely high fat to protein/carb ratio, 12 eggs.. seriously? Look at your damn macros.

I don't eat the yolks, champ. So go do the math again on the total protein and cholesterol count of 12 egg (whites) and get back to me. :thumbsup:

lol
i eat 2 large eggs, with an english muffin and 2 slices of meat (usually cheapass fried bologna)

Right, but that's the difference between getting big and strong, or not....
I wanted to puke many, many times, but I wanted to be big more so I just sucked it up. Try blended tuna for a real treat.

colt22
07-21-2009, 12:06 PM

I don't eat the yolks, champ. So go do the math again on the total protein and cholesterol count of 12 egg (whites) and get back to me. :thumbsup:

Pretty sure you said 12 scrambled eggs douche bag. Nevertheless, your a still a complete fool for consuming that many egg whites in one sitting.. It wont get you bigger, but by all means seeing as you calll people 'champs' theres no point in giving you proper advice.
now go pound some more bicep curls

colt22
07-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah, and LOLOLOLOL

Right, but that's the difference between getting big and strong, or not....
I wanted to puke many, many times, but I wanted to be big more so I just sucked it up.

sputnik
07-21-2009, 12:14 PM

Pretty sure you said 12 scrambled eggs douche bag. Nevertheless, your a still a complete fool for consuming that many egg whites in one sitting.. It wont get you bigger, but by all means seeing as you calll people 'champs' theres no point in giving you proper advice.

Not to mention that he isn't getting a complete amino acid without the yolks, so most of the protein he is eating isn't being absorbed by his body.

forkdork
07-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I love the physiology that meat-heads use. No wonder theres a bunch of fatty's in this section to begin with.

Darkane
07-21-2009, 12:53 PM

thats retarded...

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, perhaps Nobody requires the total cholesterol from 12 eggs - However did you know that cholesterol is a fuel source for corticosteroids, and Androgens?

Yes, Cholesterol is a raw fuel source for the Testosterone we so very much covet.

80% of all Cholesterol is produced endogenous (in the body) and 20% from exogenous (Dietary).

If you're low on natural T, focus on diet. There's a reason the Anabolic Diet boosts Natural Testosterone levels. Take a look at it.

Cholesterol is highly genetic, don't worry about it in foods. One of the things people DON'T do is watch their carbs, fiber, Omega's, and Poly and Monosaturated fats.

forkdork
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, perhaps Nobody requires the total cholesterol from 12 eggs - However did you know that cholesterol is a fuel source for corticosteroids, and Androgens?

Yes, Cholesterol is a raw fuel source for the Testosterone we so very much covet.

80% of all Cholesterol is produced endogenous (in the body) and 20% from exogenous (Dietary).

If you're low on natural T, focus on diet. There's a reason the Anabolic Diet boosts Natural Testosterone levels. Take a look at it.

Cholesterol is highly genetic, don't worry about it in foods. One of the things people DON'T do is watch their carbs, fiber, Omega's, and Poly and Monosaturated fats.

The fact that cholesterol is a precursor to Testosterone and other fat-soluble hormones doesn't mean shit. Look at the pathways for the production of cholesterol and you'll see why its stupid as fuck to take 12 eggs thinking its going to help you. There are homeostatic mechanisms that will regulate cholesterol biosynthesis via Acetyl-CoA (a *gasp* very versatile biological molecule). The whole reason that your "anabolic diet" is increasing testosterone levels is via Fatty Acid degredation (produces Acetyl-CoA). Were still not considering feedback loops here either. Got low testosterone? Blame your genetics

Darkane
07-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by forkdork

Got low testosterone? Blame your genetics

Easy there Dr. Quinn.

No we didn't consider feedback loops, the HPGA at all. Why do those matter? I'm not talking about Secondary hypogonadism based off of a tumor or something.

All I said was, Got low natural T? Look at your diet first.

The thing about endocrinology is that there are to many cause and effects. This is not our subject here, but daily dietary cholesterol intake versus Testosterone Total, Free, Bioavailable serum levels.

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM

I took a chance that you might have been smart enough to infer "egg whites". That won't happen again.

12 egg whites is approximately 40 grams of protein. I guess if you're a skinny little bitch that might seem like a lot, but in reality it's not. The other reality is that, yes, it will get you bigger, if you can't get your pea brain around that fact then too fucking bad.

For the record, I don't call "people" champs, I call "cockroaches" champs. Feel free to mix and match the terminology, goof.

Oh yeah, and LOLOLOLOL

Witty. You're a real sharp one.

Originally posted by sputnik

Not to mention that he isn't getting a complete amino acid without the yolks, so most of the protein he is eating isn't being absorbed by his body.

So are you also suggesting that I have placed myself in similar jeopardy when I eat a chicken breast, a can of tuna, or a steak because they are all limited to a particular amino acid profile? I guess if I only ate one of those all day, every day then it could be limiting, but that's not what I said.

I love the physiology that meat-heads use. No wonder theres a bunch of fatty's in this section to begin with.

Likewise to all the skinny little turds. :cry:

Ripper
07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
When you eat egg whites do you get those 'egg whites in a carton'? Or do you buy real eggs and seperate the yolks from the whites?

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I used to buy them by the dozen, but I've switched to the whites in the carton (Costco 3x500ml)These are the actual egg whites, not that egg beaters shit. I'll usually thrown in one or two whole eggs though because it tastes a lot better and they turn out less runny.

forkdork
07-21-2009, 04:26 PM

Easy there Dr. Quinn.

No we didn't consider feedback loops, the HPGA at all. Why do those matter? I'm not talking about Secondary hypogonadism based off of a tumor or something.

Easy, the feedback loop itself is going to be the most important thing in regulation of the levels of the hormone. Doesn't get any more basic than that.

Like I said before, if you want to be a retard and try to increase your intake of cholesterol to try to raise testosterone levels then go ahead. Intake of saturated fats will have the same effect. Definately sounds like a sustainable diet hey?

Some of us prefer to be able to run for longer than 15 minutes and be in good health though.

Darkane
07-21-2009, 05:21 PM

Some of us prefer to be able to run for longer than 15 minutes and be in good health though.

I'm not sure if that was a personal shot, but I find it rather amusing since you don't know me at all.

Why not post up some of your current blood work? I'll match it then I guess we could see who's in "good health".

And by the way, when has running longer than 15 minutes been a test of outstanding health? Get under the squat bar and do some 10x10 German Volume training. That's what separates men from boys in the Cardiovascular dept.

I also find it rather funny you'd automatically assume someone on a high fat/cholesterol diet would be out of shape lol.

Carry on :clap:

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
What else would you expect from a bunch of skinny ass keyboard experts with zero real world experience.

forkdork
07-21-2009, 06:31 PM

And by the way, when has running longer than 15 minutes been a test of outstanding health? Get under the squat bar and do some 10x10 German Volume training. That's what separates men from boys in the Cardiovascular dept.

Carry on :clap:

ROFL. I'd say the ability to move briskly for a short period of time has some correlation with general health. But hey, if you say this isn't the case then it must be true.

The depth of knowledge in your posts is astounding.... you know with the advice based on your poor understanding of biochemistry and all. Who am I to judge, I mean its not like I have the slightest background in this stuff. ;) wait... I actually do.

BTW: Some of these skinny ass keyboard experts have quite a bit of knowledge. You should listen to them sometimes....

:rolleyes:

forkdork
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM

I also find it rather funny you'd automatically assume someone on a high fat/cholesterol diet would be out of shape lol.

Oh on the contrary.... In my experience those on high fat diets are in superb shape and totally healthy (no ARB's or statins here!). :nut: :nut:

Your sarcasm detector should be going off here.

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I said real world experience. Anyone can pick up a textbook and memorize it.

I'll take my chances with those that have actually studied theory, done the work, and have the physique and conditioning to show for it. Do you have the kind of background and knowledge where you've thought critically about the material and then tested your theories and hypotheses? Or do you fall short in the last two elements as I suspect you have? Having a science degree is a far piece short of being an authority on how to maximize strength, musculature, and cardiovascular fitness.

:thumbsup:

forkdork
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
I said real world experience. Anyone can pick up a textbook and memorize it.

I'll take my chances with those that have actually studied theory, done the work, and have the physique and conditioning to show for it. Do you have the kind of background and knowledge where you've thought critically about the material and then tested your theories and hypotheses? Or do you fall short in the last two elements as I suspect you have? Having a science degree is a far piece short of being an authority on how to maximize strength, musculature, and cardiovascular fitness.

:thumbsup:

No i've just memorized entire books. Its not like i've gotten myself into a field based on application of this or anything. I don't have the brains to do that. ;)

I've also found that those who claim anyone with knowledge has simply picked up a textbook and memorized it are typically fairly ignorant people in an attempt to refute those who have the actual knowledge.

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 07:18 PM
So what have you personally accomplished in terms of nutrition and physical training as relevant to this thread? Throw some stats out there if you're not too shy. We won't judge.

Do you have the knowledge, physique, and conditioning that would have even a novice take notice?

Perhaps you could be a bit more vague as it would greatly help your argument because as far as I can tell you're a scrawny guy with a science degree, a job in some unrelated (to this thread) field, that is just dying to protest your vast knowledge of something you've never personally worked at or accomplished. That's OK though, this is the internet after all - a place where all your wildest fantasies can come true. I won't bother to question you any longer as you've given more than enough of yourself to lead most of us to the conclusion you have little to offer in the preceding discussion.

forkdork
07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
So what have you personally accomplished in terms of nutrition and physical training as relevant to this thread? Throw some stats out there if you're not too shy. We won't judge.

Do you have the knowledge, physique, and conditioning that would have even a novice take notice?

Perhaps you could be a bit more vague as it would greatly help your argument because as far as I can tell you're a scrawny guy with a science degree, a job in some unrelated (to this thread) field, that is just dying to protest your vast knowledge of something you've never personally worked at or accomplished. That's OK though, this is the internet after all - a place where all your wildest fantasies can come true. I won't bother to question you any longer as you've given more than enough of yourself to lead most of us to the conclusion you have little to offer in the preceding discussion.

I am an uneducated and unemployed fat man who happens to know a few random facts in life.

:facepalm:

colt22
07-21-2009, 10:17 PM

I took a chance that you might have been smart enough to infer "egg whites". That won't happen again.

12 egg whites is approximately 40 grams of protein. I guess if you're a skinny little bitch that might seem like a lot, but in reality it's not. The other reality is that, yes, it will get you bigger, if you can't get your pea brain around that fact then too fucking bad.

For the record, I don't call "people" champs, I call "cockroaches" champs. Feel free to mix and match the terminology, goof.

Witty. You're a real sharp one.

Wow, you are legitimately mad.. the roids must be doing their job.

I guarantee you I am bigger, much stronger, way faster.. definitely smarter, and far more successful than yourself.

But since we are cockroaches and your a fat fuck meathead dumbass, keep eating those 'scrambled egg whites' (how the fuck do you scramble egg whites?).

Heres my diet, it might help you emerge from your idiocy

Maintenance: START: May 4th- August 15th 2009
Current Weight: 210lbs
Target Weight: 210 lbs, 10% BF
Monday- Friday

40% PRO 40% CARB 20% FAT
~4,000 CAL

1. Breakfast 10:00
a. 3 Scrambled Eggs w
b. 1c Oats w/ cinnamon, honey, shredded apple 500ml Water
c. 30G ISONATURAL Whey Isolate
d. Multi, Panethine (CoA precursor), green tea, vitc ,glucosamine

2. Pre-workout: 11:45
a. 5g Beta Alanine
b. Black Coffee
c. 1L Water

3. Post Workout 1:30
a. 1 scoop mono-creatine w/ Gatorade Powder in Shakercup
b. 500ml carton Chocolate Milk

4. Work Shake: 3:00
a. ½ Cup Oats
b. 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
c. 1.5 Scoop Isonatural
d. Milk
e. Chocolate Syrup

5. Lunch 5:00
a. Red Meat / Sausage/ Pork
b. Brown Rice
c. Vegetables

6. Post Work: 9:30
a. Chicken / Fish / Turkey
b. Potatoes/ Rice/ Pasta
c. Vegtables

7. Protein Shake 10-11
a. 2 Scoops Isonatural
b. Water or Milk
c. Multi, pantethine vit c glucosamine

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 10:22 PM

I guarantee you I am bigger, much stronger, way faster.. definitive smarter, and far more successful than yourself.

But... keep eating those 'scrambled egg whites' (who the fuck do you scramble egg whites?).

Quoted for posterity. :rofl:

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 10:23 PM

I guarantee you I am bigger, much stronger, way faster.. definitely smarter, and far more successful than yourself.

But since we are cockroaches and your a fat fuck meathead dumbass, keep eating those 'scrambled egg whites' (how the fuck do you scramble egg whites?).

If ever want to run around in leotards with a bunch of dudes I'll let you know. It's not likely though as I'm not into touching other guys asses.

Aside from being a bit taller, you've made incorrect assumptions on all counts.

colt22
07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
also LOL again that you spend almost 30$ on eggs per week.

colt22
07-21-2009, 10:47 PM

If ever want to run around in leotards with a bunch of dudes I'll let you know. It's not likely though as I'm not into touching other guys asses.

Aside from being a bit taller, you've made incorrect assumptions on all counts.

I didnt even mention my height... you must be a pure manlet to assume everyone is automatically taller than you
Explains the napoleon complex

Leotards...really?

G-Suede
07-21-2009, 10:51 PM
also LOL again that you spend almost 30$ on eggs per week.

Also LOL at being a football player. Not surprising with your sadly obvious math deficiency. ProTip: Spend more time in class and less time patting boys on the ass. OK? Thanks.

Leotards. Really.

colt22
07-21-2009, 10:54 PM

Also LOL at being a football player. Not surprising with your sadly obvious math deficiency. ProTip: Spend more time in class and less time patting boys on the ass. OK? Thanks.

Playing ball does infer that I may be weaker in math, which I personally am, however it doesn't prevent me from graduating with a great degree in business, having numerous corporate connections for future career opportunites (specifically in the Oil and Gas sector) s and having a shot at playing pro-ball and grossing more in a single year than you can in a decade.

Darkane
07-22-2009, 12:29 AM

ROFL. I'd say the ability to move briskly for a short period of time has some correlation with general health. But hey, if you say this isn't the case then it must be true.

The depth of knowledge in your posts is astounding.... you know with the advice based on your poor understanding of biochemistry and all. Who am I to judge, I mean its not like I have the slightest background in this stuff. ;) wait... I actually do.

BTW: Some of these skinny ass keyboard experts have quite a bit of knowledge. You should listen to them sometimes....

:rolleyes:

Man - you derailed this thread pretty good. The information I gave was NOT false, you just decided for some unknown reason to argue with me regardless.

Is anything I said 100% Wrong? If it is just simply quote it for me and I'll back it up. Simple.

If not just quit responding.

Also just because I can't let you have the last word, Feedback loops come into play when hormonal levels become supraphysiological IE: Greater than normal.

You realize normal and optimal are interchangeable when it comes to natural levels of hormones?

Feedback loops don't come into play unless exogenous synthetic hormones are introduced, AAS etc.

I'm proof. I've raised my Testosterone 42% since last year (Total T; serum) and as stated before, you have little - Maybe even zero real world experience.

Darkane
07-22-2009, 12:35 AM

Oh on the contrary.... In my experience those on high fat diets are in superb shape and totally healthy (no ARB's or statins here!). :nut: :nut:

Your sarcasm detector should be going off here.

Oh and I'm sure you already know, High fat diets only work in relation to a high protein diet with little to trace carbs.

The fact that total cholesterol level is based off of HDL + LDL + Triglycerides(0.20) is your indication, that yes, someone of a high fat diet AND high carbs will have a terrible lipid profile and thus be out of shape. Mind you a person can have excellent lungs and be able to run 15 minutes + but be at risk for a heart attack.

I'm talking about lifters here man, this isn't a Daily health thread where people consider 30 minutes on an elliptical a workout.

Go lift.

forkdork
07-22-2009, 08:16 AM

Is anything I said 100% Wrong? If it is just simply quote it for me and I'll back it up. Simple.

Also just because I can't let you have the last word, Feedback loops come into play when hormonal levels become supraphysiological IE: Greater than normal.

Feedback loops don't come into play unless exogenous synthetic hormones are introduced, AAS etc.

Speaking of stuff that is completely wrong^^.

Yes feedback loops are only active when there is excess hormone in the body ;). But what controls the natural level of the hormone itself? There must be some mechanism which keeps the levels of hormones at an optimal level in an individual. Nooooo there cannot be such a thing!

I'll let you have the last word when you start being correct. Keep on digging though!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Dumbass17
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
wow there's alot of piss in this thread now!

also i found the following quite funny

FAIL

InLoveWitRSX
07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
This thread went from - "should I add one more protein scoop?" to - "who has a bigger dick".

/THREAD.

Darkane
07-22-2009, 04:17 PM

Speaking of stuff that is completely wrong^^.

Yes feedback loops are only active when there is excess hormone in the body ;). But what controls the natural level of the hormone itself? There must be some mechanism which keeps the levels of hormones at an optimal level in an individual. Nooooo there cannot be such a thing!

I'll let you have the last word when you start being correct. Keep on digging though!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Man do you understand under optimal conditions the feedback loop will allow maximum production of said hormone?

You're talking about NEGATIVE feedback. And yes that controls the hormone level. Now listen, you said this: "Got low testosterone? Blame your genetics"

Were you implying that you cannot Increase your baseline Testosterone naturally? That's how I interpreted it, and I'm here to tell you, that you can.

Of course when you're "optimal" then the feedback loop will allow your genetic maximum amount, hence normal is interchangeable with optimal in a natural case.

Someone who is a vegetarian, alcoholic and a major stress case may have the testosterone of a prepubescent girl! This is normal to him and his Feedback loops, however that's because he's not OPTIMAL.

I agree whole heatedly that the feedback loop will control hormone levels under those SPECIFIC conditions. Get optimal and you'll see the difference.

Anyway I'm done, and just so you know increasing daily cholesterol is just one strategy.

Zinc
Sex
Fats
Heavy Lifting (80% 1RM)
Aromatase Inhibitors like DIM (broccoli, Cauli)
Low stress and proper sleep.

All these will contribute to optimal conditions and the feedback loop will *shockingly allow for more of the Hormone to be produced. According to you we should blame our genetics.

I'm done, sorry for all that OP.

EDIT: Forkdork, read some work by Lonnie Lowery. You may find it interesting.