PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a pool?

JfuckinC
07-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Anyone know anywhere that sells a cool filtered blow up pool in the range of like $300?

CT has a few but i'd like to look around before i jump on anything, something that fits like 4 or 5 large adults haha.. nothing to swim in, more of a lounging drinking type of thing.

Thanks guys!

Edit: and does anyone know how bad these kill grass??

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jYOndOT15CA/SHcxU7V3ErI/AAAAAAAAATk/HVzaYYQKrv8/s400/POOL.png

masoncgy
07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Sears, Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire... most of the major department stores carry them.

The grass under the pool will be toast after a few days.

These pools are fun... however, they are a bitch to keep clean. Those filter kits that come with them don't do a whole hell of a lot... to be honest. It'll grow algae on the bottom pretty quickly too...

So, unless you don't mind dumping all that water every couple weeks, you'll have to find some way of keeping it clean... sometimes you can't use chlorine in these things either... so, check into that as well.

We actually kept ours on the deck (ground level) last summer... but I have convinced my better half to get a smaller pool... so we can just dump it when we are done.

ExtraSlow
07-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I have a buddy who has one, and he just wits for the sale the CT and get one there ever couple of years. They don't last too well.
it'll destory the grass completley as well, so be prepared for that.

n1zm0
07-20-2009, 04:37 PM
as said above Wallymart, sears and CT, i saw quite a few at walmart and CT when i was hunting for my inflatable boat this weekend.

JfuckinC
07-20-2009, 06:06 PM
what about the metal frame ones? i wonder if i could double up the filtration system if that would help?
it probably just needs better circulation eh.. i got a pretty big sump pump i could use for cross pool circulation so that the water from the opposite side was being transferred to the filtered side... i just really want a pool for hot days like today, chill out and get bombed in it with some babes!! :dunno:

Kritafo
07-20-2009, 06:09 PM
We have always bought our at Costco... get the salt water system it's much easier to take care of.