PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Cops

OMOYYC
08-21-2002, 11:06 PM
Wow, I was driving tonight on Macleod Tr going North from Anderson to Downtown. I saw 8 different cops on the road. 2 of which already pulled people over. Good thing I wasn't driving my normal speed. :D

2000impreza
08-21-2002, 11:11 PM
whats normal speed for you man? like the speed you were going when we cruised from chinook to 17th? lol.

OMOYYC
08-21-2002, 11:13 PM
Well, let's just say the speeds would not produce cheap tickets :D

Ben
08-22-2002, 12:38 AM
Hmmm, well I'm glad I wasn't around, I would probably get a ticket for signaling too much:rolleyes:

DSM Power
08-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Must be quota time again.... :rolleyes: :madred:

BarryBeach
08-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Benny
Hmmm, well I'm glad I wasn't around, I would probably get a ticket for signaling too much:rolleyes:

yo man what happened with that "Stunting" ticket ?

Big_Six_Boy
08-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Naw.. they were all racing to the new Tim Horton's.
From what I hear, the last one there has to pay!! :burnout:

:rolleyes:

OMOYYC
08-22-2002, 11:29 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
Naw.. they were all racing to the new Tim Horton's.
From what I hear, the last one there has to pay!! :burnout:

:rolleyes:

Rydog
08-23-2002, 08:41 AM
I saw on the news last night that the cops gave out (including photo radar) over 11,000 tickets from July 7th to July 20th!!!! :eek:

van
08-23-2002, 04:16 PM
That's a lot of tickets. As well as a lot of $$$ too. I think they should go back on strike for a little bit and not give out tickets until the city pays them more... :rolleyes:

Ben
08-23-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by defekt1
That's a lot of tickets. As well as a lot of $$$ too. I think they should go back on strike for a little bit and not give out tickets until the city pays them more... :rolleyes:

I AGREE!!!

ninjak84
08-23-2002, 06:55 PM
its because of the new method that there is so many tickets.
2 officers, 1 bike, and a hand held laser gun. the cops hide the bike and themselves behind a bush, and just run out on the road if you were speeding.
someone else has to have seen this method....?

its almost impossible to see the cops

James
08-24-2002, 06:25 AM
They are using some crazy tactics now. On Friday night at around 3am, a cop was sittin on the Southland Bridge that goes over Deerfoot (car hiding behind the Sign) with his radar gun facing Southbound Traffic! As soon as a speeding car would have came around the bend after Glenmore, all he has to do is jump in the car , go down the off-ramp and your Fucked!:thumbsdow
I use to always cruise home that way, late at night, no traffic, speeds of over 150, no problem. Dont speed anymore though. :angel: :rolleyes:

Rydog
08-26-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by James
They are using some crazy tactics now. On Friday night at around 3am, a cop was sittin on the Southland Bridge that goes over Deerfoot (car hiding behind the Sign) with his radar gun facing Southbound Traffic! As soon as a speeding car would have came around the bend after Glenmore, all he has to do is jump in the car , go down the off-ramp and your Fucked!:thumbsdow
I use to always cruise home that way, late at night, no traffic, speeds of over 150, no problem. Dont speed anymore though. :angel: :rolleyes:

they were doing the exact same thing on top of Canyon Meadows overpass pulling over peeps on McLeod, except they had like 10 bikes pulling people over!! so the guy up top was radioing down to the bikers to pull over people. it was like a major crack down or something. my Spidey senses must have been tingling cause, for whatever reason, I wasn't speeding that time. whew....

HRD2PLZ
08-26-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Just_d16n

they were doing the exact same thing on top of Canyon Meadows overpass pulling over peeps on McLeod, except they had like 10 bikes pulling people over!! so the guy up top was radioing down to the bikers to pull over people. it was like a major crack down or something. my Spidey senses must have been tingling cause, for whatever reason, I wasn't speeding that time. whew....

Yep, last time I saw them do it, I was driving to school and I guess I wasn't speeding for some reason, cuz about 5 cars around me all got pulled over :dunno:

mwmhong
08-26-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
its because of the new method that there is so many tickets.
2 officers, 1 bike, and a hand held laser gun. the cops hide the bike and themselves behind a bush, and just run out on the road if you were speeding.
someone else has to have seen this method....?

its almost impossible to see the cops

I've seen 2 officers with a bike a piece, one guy gunning, one guy doing the running, on John Laurie Blvd eastbound, on the 'right-turn island' to southbound 19th street. They had nothing to hide behind, but they were nailing people.

Another thing they do is hide behind posts/poles and flip up the trunk of the cruiser to hide the light bar on top (ie. Macleod Trail Northbound)

kenny
08-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

I've seen 2 officers with a bike a piece, one guy gunning, one guy doing the running, on John Laurie Blvd eastbound, on the 'right-turn island' to southbound 19th street. They had nothing to hide behind, but they were nailing people.

I've seen them at that intersection too, but with about 4 bikes down the hill on 19th street. They pulled over 4 cars in front of me when I was driving down there last week, and already had 2 cars pulled over onto 19th street.

I've noticed lots of speed traps lately... thought the July ticket blitz was over. :dunno:

Ben
08-26-2002, 03:11 PM
well those fuckers are not getting a dime from me thats for sure...

OMOYYC
08-26-2002, 03:20 PM
With so many cops around, I have been a nice boy too :D

I still speed at certain spots, but not nearly as much anymore. Guess you can say their tactics are working? :dunno:

2000impreza
08-26-2002, 03:30 PM
the cops set up a speed trap on Macleod Tr way SE saturday. it was pretty crazy. they had a few cars pulled over. they were hiding behind a chrysler van so it was hard to spot. cops are out in force.