PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run: Need your help!

lbrowne
07-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Beyond members I need your help in a recent hit and run. (involving my neighbor's car)

This happened about and hour or so ago.

Unfortunately the details on the fleeing car are slim. Biege or White 4 door car (sedan style).

From what I can see, it should be hit on the front passenger side and missing a headlight/foglight. The person drove right into a parked car sending it a good 20 feet.

A piece of the headlight lense remained at the scene, all I know is it is made in Japan and is a Koito headlamp with 100-61609 stamped into it. I'm having trouble finding their part numbers online. If I know what the lens is for, I know the car that fled the scene. Some of the Volkswagen Golf's greenish paint may also be on the car.

This is such a sobering moment as our cul de sac is littered with very young children playing everyday. Thankfully they were all in for the night at this time.

This happened in SE Calgary, Mckenzie Lake, Mount Lorette Place. July 20th at approximately 9:30 pm.

Your help is appreciated.

http://members.shaw.ca/leobrowne/hit%20and%20run1/IMG00020.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/leobrowne/hit%20and%20run1/IMG00021.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/leobrowne/hit%20and%20run1/IMG00022.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/leobrowne/hit%20and%20run1/IMG00023.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/leobrowne/hit%20and%20run1/IMG00024.jpg

edit: toned down the res of the crappy pics....

FraserB
07-20-2009, 11:04 PM
The Koito subsidiary in NA is North American Lighting www.nal.com They unfortunately dont have a way to look up a part number and they make lights for everything from a BMW to an Xterra

Good luck finding the guy, what did the cops say?

lbrowne
07-20-2009, 11:46 PM
The owner of the Golf called them, not sure if they have been here yet. Firetruck has been by to clean up fluids.

adidas
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
fuck that sucks!
:thumbsdow

Tarrantula
07-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Not to be a dick... but is he parked facing the wrong direction beside a median?

Like there is NO room to get through if the car was 10 feet forward.. the truck would be in the way too.

Maybe your neighbour shouldnt park like a moron? :dunno:

No sympathy.

GQBalla
07-21-2009, 11:05 AM
holy, that car got smashed hard hopefully the other car is found

topmade
07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Post up pics of the headlamp, maybe someone could recognize what car it's from.

scat19
07-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Now that is a hit and run (see my thread :rolleyes: ). I hope someone finds this douche.

Good luck. Hate to see a vdub like that. :cry:

Doozer
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Is the witness sure it was a car? From the pics, it looks like it would have to be some sort of SUV ... it looks like the VW took more damage higher up along the hood than along the bumper. Weird that the headlight was pushed around but not shattered.

Too bad it doesn't look like there was any fluid leaking from the other vehicle either. That must've been one helluva tough car. :dunno:

Mibz
07-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
Not to be a dick... but is he parked facing the wrong direction beside a median?

Like there is NO room to get through if the car was 10 feet forward.. the truck would be in the way too.

Maybe your neighbour shouldnt park like a moron? :dunno:

No sympathy. My buddy lives in that cul-de-sac, people line that median on both sides all the time. It's a pain in the ass to back out of, but there's always room. On top of that, the guilty would have to be going the wrong way around the median to hit the car like he did. I don't see any reason to blame the victim here.

Tarrantula
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
It's a pain in the ass to back out of, I don't see any reason to blame the victim here.

Maybe the person was Fed up with assholes blocking the entire road and backed his cube van into in a fit of rage?

Still no sympathy.

Mibz
07-21-2009, 12:58 PM

Maybe the person was Fed up with assholes blocking the entire road and backed his cube van into in a fit of rage?

Still no sympathy. Haha, except that where the Golf was parked is an area where people park parallel to the curb on both sides of the road, as you can see in the photos, and there's no way anybody would be in a logical position to back in to the front of the Golf.

If you were to go visit the scene and drive around the loop yourself I imagine you'd see what I see. There is plenty of room for cars to go around even when there are parked vehicles lining the median.

I'll remember to throw a brick through your window next time you make me pay attention to where I'm going though. :nut: Damn assholes creating obstacles for me while I'm driving.

freshprince1
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Good Luck finding the guy/girl.

Tarrantula
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
I'll remember to throw a brick through your window next time you make me pay attention to where I'm going though. :nut: Damn assholes creating obstacles for me while I'm driving.

If I need to remind you to pay attention then obviously you are the one who needs a brick tossed.

Mibz
07-21-2009, 01:53 PM
If I need to remind you to pay attention then obviously you are the one who needs a brick tossed. I put that smiley in specifically to avoid the sarcasm confusion. I clearly at suck at clarifying. Sorry. It was a joke.

Tarrantula
07-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I put that smiley in specifically to avoid the sarcasm confusion. I clearly at suck at clarifying. Sorry. It was a joke.

Oh I caught the Sarcasm. But im 100% serious.

Back to OT....

lbrowne
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
I could be wrong, but when you enter this sort of cul de sac you are to stay to the right. There isn't 2 lanes going around the island in different directions. Even with no cars parked out there at all that would be a smash fest waiting to happen.

Sometimes people park along there if they have company, it's a pain, but there's room. There's much more room between the car and truck in the pic before car was struck, enough that a UPS truck flew through there earlier without hesitation. Maybe it's the angle of the pic. In the straight away pic it clearly shows he would have been driving down the wrong side of the street at the point of impact.

A resident down the road saw the culprit before the impact. He noticed the car because of the stereo going and someone yellin into his cellphone. Seconds later he heard a boom and the car zippin back down the road. (he lives too far down the road to have seen what happened)

He confirmed it was a 4 door white sedan, but something in the 90s era he thought.

I would think it was an older car without airbags if the moron was able to make a speedy escape.

A vehicle parked in the wrong spot or not, you hit a parked car you're an idiot. This would be equal to driving straight into a concrete barricade or construction zone sign in the middle of the road. No sympathy for the fleeing moron and I hope he gets caught. (but at this point it seems unlikely....)

Thanks for the link to Koito's NA website. Cheers!