PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet Refinishing

iroccragg
07-21-2009, 02:52 PM
We are looking at getting our cabinets refinished - currently they are oak stained and we are looking to get them painted a solid color, can anyone recomend someone or know of a good place to have this done.

masoncgy
07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
PM'd

HRD2PLZ
07-21-2009, 04:01 PM
After being quoted for sanding and re-finishing of the oak cabinets I had in my place, I ended up just going with all new cabinets.

masoncgy
07-21-2009, 04:04 PM
The only viable route with old cabinetry is to paint them and install new hardware to bring them back to life.

Sanding & restaining isn't worth it at all... plus it will never quite come out right.

I've done a few sets in my time and they turned out great... :)

the_man
07-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey i actually have the same question. Does anyone have any recommendations on who i can ask to quote me for cabinet refinishing ?

Thanks.

Weapon_R
07-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
After being quoted for sanding and re-finishing of the oak cabinets I had in my place, I ended up just going with all new cabinets.

My exact experience. I received quotes of around $3-4k to have them done properly. In the end, I replaced them. Even after refinishing, you are still stuck with dated cabinets and nothing can fix that.

Call HP Woodwork and give him your budget. I've used him for several kitchens and he has something for every budget. I did a reno and had a kitchen and counter top installed for less $2500, complete with crown moldings and hardware (cheaper laminate cupboards and counter). I've also used him to install solid maple cabinetry but you pay more than double for that.

the_man
07-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the response, I`ll give them a shout.

InRich
07-13-2013, 08:15 PM
who did u get quotes from?

the_man
07-17-2013, 03:04 PM
I was planning to call the recommended HP woodwork, but i haven't had a chance to yet.

I'll probably call later on this week.