PDA

View Full Version : Amway/Quixtar/Nutrilite/ WTF???

Mitchyboy
07-21-2009, 04:48 PM
So the other day im at work, and im approached by an over friendly well spoken guy. His name was Andrew Yip and he started talking to me about my self, he seemed really genuine until he brought up his business and asked if i wished to diversify my income or something like that. He told me to come to a meeting and see what i thought. He says he owns his own nutrilite business or something, i was pretty confused. I heard of these things before, but i am pretty ignorant. i Was hoping anyone who knows of this business, or this Andrew Yip character, to tell me what they know or their own experience.
-Thanks,
Mitch

GQBalla
07-21-2009, 04:50 PM
can you search?

snoop101
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
There always nice. they have to be. Its how they suck you in. Pretty much its a multi level marketing scheme.. If your not on the top your pretty much a peon. When I say top I mean pretty much the founders. Unless you are a huge Con artist then I could pass. If you are a Con artist use it other ways.:D

Ya I agree. fricken use google. Theres millions of pages of info on this.

Zhariak
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Don't even get me started...

These are legalized pyramid schemes. Legalized in the sense that they put a product into the mix, which brings in a type of retail to the sense which makes it legal.

I've lost many friends to these cults, haha. I have zero tolarence. Whenever a friend comes up to me and asks, I tell them "Buddy, you have two options a) drop this, or b) I will walk away and we will never be friends".

I've even had friends parents try to suck me into these... "OH WELL YOU GET A LEASED LEXUS IF YOU SIGN UP THIS MANY PEOPLE!" Then I ask them to look outside and see what I'm driving and add the comment "I financed that bitch, and im not in any of j0 pyramid scams"

Mitchyboy
07-21-2009, 07:23 PM
well i know more about this organization now, but i was hoping to learn more about this guy Andrew. I gave him my contact information...

Nissan_Fanboy
07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Mitchyboy
well i know more about this organization now, but i was hoping to learn more about this guy Andrew. I gave him my contact information...

Not a smart thing to do,
I can never really say no to people, i'm a sucker when it comes to helping people out.
I gave 50 bucks to this cracked out girl because she said her car was broke down ect...
I don't think i could say no to this dude.
haha

Its all a big scam, his story was probably all fake...

Graham_A_M
07-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Next time please search... anyway I'll copy and paste this from the Nutrilite thread.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I've known Andrew for several years. Hes extremely two-faced like I previously mentioned. He doesn't care about a soul other them himself, contrary to the web of lies hes fantastic at cramming down peoples throats.

Just... stay away. The exact person you dont want in your life. You are just an instrument used towards building his business. Whatever BS he'll have to feed you: he will.
Hes just that kind of guy. He owes a Downline in his business $10,000... a lot of that from the car Andrew borrowed and later wrote off, the rest in unpaid rent. A hansome sum of money he still owes him today. I dont know if he finally has his Drivers license back, but he had it suspended for quite a long time due to his truely morotic driving habits.
THat was about the same time he had his Civic repo-ed for not making payments on it (....also about the same time he "retired"... ironic eh? :nut: )

Several times he'd "retire" and live on his credit cards until his financial situation became so bleak he'd have to scam people to get by, or finally go sling a job.
Last time I heard.. he fucked over my buddy for $10k.

Now? he's "retired" only on the insurmountable credit card debt (of his downlines) and bed of lies hes fed down the throats of SO many teens & young adults that are merely trying to live their dream through the business. Its a sad sad situation.... but thats what its like in Quixtar. Only their never told of this.

88coupe
07-21-2009, 10:17 PM
i heard this Andrew Yip guy is rich, he told me he's only a few months away from getting his own porche.

triplediamond
07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 88coupe
i heard this Andrew Yip guy is rich, he told me he's only a few months away from getting his own porche.
i wouldn't doubt it. with proper guidance and dedication, a sharp individual of any caliber can succeed in this organisation.

88coupe
07-21-2009, 11:33 PM
sharp like you, who knows how to spell "organization" correctly? LOL!

gqmw
07-22-2009, 12:11 AM
sharp like you, who knows how to spell "organization" correctly? LOL!

He is Andrew Yip hahaha.

JMaj7
07-22-2009, 05:30 AM
I met Andrew a long time ago and thought he was shady. He's all about expanding his "business" and that's where you and everyone you know come in. His financial status seems to be his platform but who really cares?:dunno:
(at the meetings, they introduce you to "ballers" who you're supposed to want to be as successful as)

Imagine turning into a sales person to everyone you know. And then making new ones to sell more shit to.

I don't like people who try to sell me on things. I can't stand "message-owners", sales pitches and small talk. Anyone that has an agenda prior to "running into you" should be cut off quickly.

Zhariak
07-22-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm actually self-employed, started up my own business about 3 years ago (IT Solutions Provider"

One of the biggest thing that pisses me off about all these pyramid scams is the fact that I have friends, friends parents contact me giving me the usual "Hey, there's a chance I might get into a partnership", or "Hey, I might be purchasing a franchise", or "hey I might be getting into business with some people"....

And it's always followed by, "So I have a meeting with them and I want you to come to help explain some things to me since you have your own business"

These pyramid schemers are getting so sly with their techniques in going to these meetings it pisses me off. Once one of my friends made it sound like they were actually purchasing a franchise of some sorts, and they made it sound like they wanted me to look over their contracts... I found out LAST minute that it was a Quixtar, or Amway thingy... Since they wouldn't tell me anything else either than above...

I snapped, and haven't talked to the person again... I'm surprised people are sooo stupid that they actually get involved in these programs... On top of that there's the moralities...

88coupe
07-22-2009, 08:56 AM
who is that other guy who runs this quixtar thing? He dresses like a cowboy, i think he's a lifeguard or a fitness trainer or something?

bubbley
07-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

Not a smart thing to do,
I can never really say no to people, i'm a sucker when it comes to helping people out.
I gave 50 bucks to this cracked out girl because she said her car was broke down ect...
I don't think i could say no to this dude.
haha

Its all a big scam, his story was probably all fake...

did you at least get a bj?

so this yip dude is getting around :rofl:

5000Audi
07-22-2009, 10:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA i know him... I got into a fight with him at hockey this winter... he is WAY two faced ...one min he is nice to you the next if you do somthing that he dont like he is the biggest douche..

Also he tried to buy me into this BS thing when in the dressing room.. i said fuck no... but i would never buy into a pyrimid scheme...

Some of my family members are in "market america" and they seem to say its a straight up and down style bidness.. whatever i say. they have invested way more then they have made.. so again i watch personally how this shit works.. not worth while

PS andrew yip is a douche.. lol

craigcd
07-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Zhariak
you have two options a) drop this, or b) I will walk away and we will never be friends&

THIS^

88coupe
07-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA i know him... I got into a fight with him at hockey this winter... he is WAY two faced ...one min he is nice to you the next if you do somthing that he dont like he is the biggest douche..

Also he tried to buy me into this BS thing when in the dressing room.. i said fuck no... but i would never buy into a pyrimid scheme...

Some of my family members are in "market america" and they seem to say its a straight up and down style bidness.. whatever i say. they have invested way more then they have made.. so again i watch personally how this shit works.. not worth while

PS andrew yip is a douche.. lol

listen kiddo, you are out of line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about MLM and people involved...but there is a difference between an intelligent debate and slandering someone without substance while posing as an internet toughguy. There's no need to call names. If you have an informed opinion or question then please share it as that's what this forum is for. If you're only here to slander someone who probably dropped you on the ice, as a way to make yourself feel better then you are no better than the people you are trying to discredit.

Graham_A_M
07-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Yeah that guys been "about to buy his Porsche" for 8 years now. (No joke) Im glad his BS appeals to weak minds like the one you possess. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the other sheep! ;)

triplediamond
07-22-2009, 08:42 PM

Yeah that guys been "about to buy his Porsche" for 8 years now. (No joke) Im glad his BS appeals to weak minds like the one you possess. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the other sheep! ;)

Along with your sexy sister????

Graham_A_M
07-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by triplediamond

Along with your sexy sister????

^ Oh come on Andrew, you should know I dont even have a younger sister. :thumbsup:

Nice one though! Classy! Im sure Gary would be proud

triplediamond
07-22-2009, 11:13 PM

^ Oh come on Andrew, you should know I dont even have a younger sister. :thumbsup:

Thats odd...i didin't mention a "younger" sister...? And by the way, this isnt Andrew, but you're close

88jbody
07-22-2009, 11:24 PM
my parents were in amway, but really only joined to buy for them selves, then they get rebate a % spent through them.
they just liked some of the products and said it saved them about 20% off buying in stores.

they never made any money to pocket.

my father in law joined quixtar, paid what ever it cost to join, got a buisness number and a registered name for about $50 more then if he would have just done that himself, same idea you get rebates acording to product you sell.

how much money do you think a person cam make selling soap door to door? and then you get a small rebate for every thing some one you sign up sells.

so the chances of making money, slim to none.
my parents saved money but never made a sent
my father in law paid for a buisness licence/ registered name ect. over paid $50 or so and has done nothing with it.

and how do you feel about door to door sales people? that is how every one will feell about you.

you are better off working for a call center because at lease the people you are trying to sell to have no idea who you are

Ben
07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Replace "Shenanigans Staff" with "Amway/Quixtar/Nutrilite".

Mitch = Us.

It's surprisingly accurate if you think about it.

FF7ouCjSPB4

88coupe
07-23-2009, 12:51 AM

it's his stepsister actually. according to the story, she was dating some guy in the business and Graham got jealous hence a big falling out or whatever.

you know, stepsister by law and biology is okay but seriously man.....that's pretty sick you know. Anyways, not here to judge, just my $0.02.

Crymson
07-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Ok, here's my 0.02$. MLM is a good scheme, provided you use it for a one reason.

TAX DEDUCTIONS!

MLM's are probably the easiest way to become a business owner. I don't know if the rules have changed since, but I knew LOTS of fairly well off guys, who would use their Amway membership to write of vehicles, meals, phones, etc.. they *made* way more money using the tax deductions afforded to them by being a small business owner on their own personal income without buying into to the bullshit. They'd order their cleaning products and shit from them, but you'd never catch them trying to sign people up.

There is alot of bullshit about them, usually because they're mostly populated by a) sleazy losers or b) deadbeats who claim this is going to be their ticket to riches. It's not necessarily the marketing technique or products that turn people off, it's the people involved with the organization.

If the products are good, and prices reasonable - then it's worth it to buy a membership, buy the stuff you need, and utililize the tax benefits associated with being a business owner. Plus, generally the shit get's shipped to your house so you don't have to make a trip to Walmart.

THAT SAID!

I've known people who have been overcome by the cult of it. YES! It's very cult like. The corporation behind it, at least back in the day - AMWAY - would obviously have their generic brand products, similair to store brand quality stuff that you would order from their catalogues. BUT! people would get hassled to death to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on motivational tapes, sales seminars, conventions, all that crap, and get caught up in this cult of expectation that they create. Sign up a few people, they sign up a few people, easy as pie right? Well -- very few succeed because a) they alienate their friends and family pretty quickly, by trying to sign up people, and there is definately a societal bias against amways because of their sorted past.

... AND NOW THE FLIP SIDE

Look at how many chicks embrace and are respected for being in their MLMs. Candle parties, Arbonne, Sex toy parties, etc... THESE are all MLM's but because they've taken much different tack with how they've marketed themselves, it's "cool". As opposed to AMWAY.

If there was an MLM for say, automotive detailing supplies, and someone posted a thing on here saying "Hey everyone, come to my car detailing party, bring your car, we'll sit around, drink beer, try some products, buy if you like". And 5 dudes showed up at your house, bought 100$ worth of stuff each, and one guys' like "I know some dudes interested in this, can i get a membership".

BAM! successful, fun, NON shady MLM.

My 0.02$.

PS, if anyone wants to start a car detail MLM, pm me, we'll get rich BEOTCHES! be rolling in lambos in no time.

Zhariak
07-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
Ok, here's my 0.02$. MLM is a good scheme, provided you use it for a one reason.

TAX DEDUCTIONS!

MLM's are probably the easiest way to become a business owner. I don't know if the rules have changed since, but I knew LOTS of fairly well off guys, who would use their Amway membership to write of vehicles, meals, phones, etc.. they *made* way more money using the tax deductions afforded to them by being a small business owner on their own personal income without buying into to the bullshit. They'd order their cleaning products and shit from them, but you'd never catch them trying to sign people up.

There is alot of bullshit about them, usually because they're mostly populated by a) sleazy losers or b) deadbeats who claim this is going to be their ticket to riches. It's not necessarily the marketing technique or products that turn people off, it's the people involved with the organization.

If the products are good, and prices reasonable - then it's worth it to buy a membership, buy the stuff you need, and utililize the tax benefits associated with being a business owner. Plus, generally the shit get's shipped to your house so you don't have to make a trip to Walmart.

THAT SAID!

I've known people who have been overcome by the cult of it. YES! It's very cult like. The corporation behind it, at least back in the day - AMWAY - would obviously have their generic brand products, similair to store brand quality stuff that you would order from their catalogues. BUT! people would get hassled to death to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on motivational tapes, sales seminars, conventions, all that crap, and get caught up in this cult of expectation that they create. Sign up a few people, they sign up a few people, easy as pie right? Well -- very few succeed because a) they alienate their friends and family pretty quickly, by trying to sign up people, and there is definately a societal bias against amways because of their sorted past.

... AND NOW THE FLIP SIDE

Look at how many chicks embrace and are respected for being in their MLMs. Candle parties, Arbonne, Sex toy parties, etc... THESE are all MLM's but because they've taken much different tack with how they've marketed themselves, it's "cool". As opposed to AMWAY.

If there was an MLM for say, automotive detailing supplies, and someone posted a thing on here saying "Hey everyone, come to my car detailing party, bring your car, we'll sit around, drink beer, try some products, buy if you like". And 5 dudes showed up at your house, bought 100$ worth of stuff each, and one guys' like "I know some dudes interested in this, can i get a membership".

BAM! successful, fun, NON shady MLM.

My 0.02$.

PS, if anyone wants to start a car detail MLM, pm me, we'll get rich BEOTCHES! be rolling in lambos in no time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... But when you work for these companies, you don't become an employee. On top of that you don't setup a self-proprietorship, or an incorporation...

How would these people write stuff off for this apparent "business" if they weren't even legally self-employed....

Jlude
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I've had family members in Amway since I was small... my Aunt and Uncle who live in Airdrie have been making serious coin from it for years and years. I'd say they're easily millionaires, but they've been doing it for 20 something years.

It is what it is... yes it's kinda cultish and yes it's a pyramid scheme... but the meetings are mostly motivational and shit. I've been to a couple of the "functions" and although even now whenever I see my Aunt and Uncle they "preach" to me as they have for years to get into it... I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, it's not for me. Some people do well with it though.

A790
07-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... But when you work for these companies, you don't become an employee. On top of that you don't setup a self-proprietorship, or an incorporation...

How would these people write stuff off for this apparent "business" if they weren't even legally self-employed....
You don't have to set up a sole proprietorship if you operate under your personal name.

But no, you do not become an employee. You essentially start your own business using the business model and tools they provide you.

10K plus
07-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Like i mentioned in another post... Prestige Worldwide.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

did you at least get a bj?

so this yip dude is getting around :rofl:

LOL, dude i would probably get some sort of wicked disease, just from her giving my head.
Fuckin sick ass ho.
Looked like a dude, should have mentioned that.

Graham_A_M
07-23-2009, 07:22 PM

it's his stepsister actually. according to the story, she was dating some guy in the business and Graham got jealous hence a big falling out or whatever.

you know, stepsister by law and biology is okay but seriously man.....that's pretty sick you know. Anyways, not here to judge, just my $0.02.

LMAO. Wow that was the most childish retort I've encountered on here in quite some time. I seriously hope you are 18 or younger making childish classless comments like that.

Im sure you'll fit right in with Andrew and his organization. :thumbsup:

Mitchyboy
07-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Forgive the poor timing graham, but by any chance is your stepsister seeing anyone? from what i've heard, she "knows" her way around the mlm circuit very well. Send her my regards!

zipdoa
10-05-2009, 08:02 AM
wow... i've never been approached by one of these MLM reps before but after reading some of the replys from these banned accounts ^^^ :thumbsdow

definitely would advise them to go f themselves.

Graham_A_M
10-05-2009, 07:16 PM
^ and the funny part is? they actually look up to Andrew and consider him a life mentor.

incredible isn't it? :nut: :banghead: :banghead:

Hanzo
10-06-2009, 12:45 PM
hmmm intersting.

GQBalla
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
does this andrew yip have a older sister named yovone or joann?

Graham_A_M
10-06-2009, 06:50 PM
^ no, just three younger brothers.

thisIsNotAndrew
10-07-2009, 09:03 PM
^he also owns an orphanage were more than 6000 childeren live. in other words andrew is a saint, and you are all horrible people for insulting him

petoria
10-08-2009, 11:27 AM
^^
look whose back...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KrisYYC
10-12-2009, 11:41 AM
It amazes me how many people fall for multi-level marketing schemes. They prey on the young and naive. There's a young guy at my work all wrapped up in this shit "building dreams" trying to recruit people. He drops the usual lines I'm sure his mentor told him. "I'm going to retire before I'm 25" etc.

You can debunk Amway from the statistics they use in their own commercials.

Their commercial claims that they have 3 million "associates" or whatever they call them, that do $7 billion in sales annually.

$7 billion in sales sounds pretty ballin eh? Well, do the math. Simple math, but still:

$7,000,000,000 / 3,000,000 = $2033.33

Average of $2033.33 annual sales per associate, or a staggering $169.44/month. That is SALES not profit. So with all the money the associates spend on seminars etc most are probably taking a loss every month. Even with a lot of downlines how much could you possibly make from them? Their sales will probably be in the "average" range and you'd only get a cut of that.

Consider yourself lucky if you manage to make $50 month profit off of these schemes.

You'll be way closer to "buying that Porsche" by buckling down, saving money and doing OT at your regular job. Better yet, do that but use the money you saved to buy rental properties or invest in a REAL business.

/rant

Kris

zipdoa
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Check out result #5 (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Andrew+Yip+scam&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g3)

Graham_A_M
10-13-2009, 06:21 PM
^ God I just *LOVE* it!!

the funny part is? the accounts he created being Mitchyboy, TripleDiamond & 88coupe (etc) were all to generate interest in Quixtar/amway, particularly of interest towards him directly.

I get SUCH a kick how it all miserably backfired. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl:
Now most of his target 'recruits" (being the typical beyond.ca account holder) all knows of him and his character, and will all tell their friends when approached by Andrew.
:clap:
Justice is served. :thumbsup:

CUG
10-14-2009, 07:50 PM

hattonlynch
10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
^ God I just *LOVE* it!!

the funny part is? the accounts he created being Mitchyboy, TripleDiamond & 88coupe (etc) were all to generate interest in Quixtar/amway, particularly of interest towards him directly.

I get SUCH a kick how it all miserably backfired. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl:
Now most of his target 'recruits" (being the typical beyond.ca account holder) all knows of him and his character, and will all tell their friends when approached by Andrew.
:clap:
Justice is served. :thumbsup:

you've got to be an idiot to actually go for one of these schemes. I know you did Graham, and I like you as a poster, but fuck, how the hell did you get wrapped up in crap like this. You must of been reaaaaaaaaly young.

on a side note, for the sake of this thread......i had this little puke kid at MRU try to recruit me last year. Not sure if it was Quixtar, but it was the same BS pyramid scheme. He was selling some sort of nutritious (all organic, lmao, riiiight) soft drink. I basically told him to fuck himself and pretty much blew his cover. all he's left to do this year is look down and/or away whenever he see's me now. Glad I scared him.

CUG
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by hattonlynch

you've got to be an idiot to actually go for one of these schemes. I know you did Graham, and I like you as a poster, but fuck, how the hell did you get wrapped up in crap like this. You must of been reaaaaaaaaly young.

on a side note, for the sake of this thread......i had this little puke kid at MRU try to recruit me last year. Not sure if it was Quixtar, but it was the same BS pyramid scheme. He was selling some sort of nutritious (all organic, lmao, riiiight) soft drink. I basically told him to fuck himself and pretty much blew his cover. all he's left to do this year is look down and/or away whenever he see's me now. Glad I scared him. ....