PDA

View Full Version : Any Mem-X employees here

colsankey
07-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Looking at a netbook for vacationing and one thing I want to do on it is a little gaming. I see generally the intel 950 vid card sucks for gaming, but will likely suffice for the games I want to play while away.

Had a few questions, but if there is an employee here who can help me out please PM me.

BigMass
07-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Canada is horrible for gaming laptops. Even mem has nothing last time i looked. And Dell's gaming laptops are overpriced and bloated with shit a gamer doesn't need.

here, this will run anything for $1100.. find that in Canada

http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668240.php

sputnik
07-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by colsankey
Looking at a netbook for vacationing and one thing I want to do on it is a little gaming. I see generally the intel 950 vid card sucks for gaming, but will likely suffice for the games I want to play while away.

Had a few questions, but if there is an employee here who can help me out please PM me.

You either need a netbook or a gaming laptop.

You can't have both in one device.

colsankey
07-22-2009, 08:25 AM
At the end of the day, I want a netbook, just want it to play 1 game. People have gotten it to run on similair speced machines.

Tik-Tok
07-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by colsankey
At the end of the day, I want a netbook, just want it to play 1 game. People have gotten it to run on similair speced machines.

What game are you looking to play? I have a MSI Wind u100, I get Diablo 2, and Civ IV to play fine on it.

Carl64
07-22-2009, 09:20 AM
www.eurocom.com

You're defiantly going to pay more then some Gateway future shop model, but the quality is WAY better.

mazdavirgin
07-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
Canada is horrible for gaming laptops. Even mem has nothing last time i looked. And Dell's gaming laptops are overpriced and bloated with shit a gamer doesn't need.

here, this will run anything for $1100.. find that in Canada

http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668240.php

Completely off topic but is your avatar from magic the gathering? That image looks freakishly familiar. Fourth edition perhaps? Just bugging me is all...

403Gemini
07-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Completely off topic but is your avatar from magic the gathering? That image looks freakishly familiar. Fourth edition perhaps? Just bugging me is all...

It is, it was an artifact card called War Machine or something, 5/5 creature I believe.... christ i was a nerd in jr high lol