PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Asshole parking

Pages : 1 [2]

canuckcarguy
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I drive a 3/4 ton truck some of the time, and usually I park it pretty far from the doors. It's my weekend work truck, and I don't care about the paint, but I find it's just easier to grab a stall farther away than to try to squeeze it in between 2 parked cars. Less likelihood of me making somebody else's life difficult.

I totally get that Spikers was unhappy when he came out to his truck, but keying the guy's car? Douche-move, in my opinion. He could have backed in straight and let his wife out, knowing that in the unlikely event that somebody parked close by, he could simply pull out and let her in. (Who am I kidding... if he was good at pulling out, she wouldn't be pregnant in the first place!! haha, I kid, I kid.)

In my view, the Civic driver didn't like Spikers park job, and decided to teach him a lesson by parking close to him. Okay, immature, but harmless. Spikers decided to teach him a lesson by resorting to criminal vandalism. Way worse.

Frankly, we'd all be better off if Civic-guy, and Spikers, and a bunch of other meddlesome pricks, weren't self-appointed parking lot etiquette officers. Life's too short.

el_cap
08-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Ugh yeah asshole parking or not.. You DO NOT touch another mans ride. If you must express your anger somehow you do something that is non-destructive to the car, but you NEVER key, dent, ding, etc.. on purpose. WTF.

Sugarphreak
08-05-2009, 09:56 AM

canuckcarguy
08-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I understand he tried to open the door a few times to get in and dinged up the civic in the process. Where does it say he keyed the car?

I personally wish door dings were criminal vandalism, I would be throwing old ladies in jail left and right! lol

My bad, I meant to say that he intentionally dented the car, not keyed it. Same net effect, though.

Definitely illegal, not that anybody ever gets busted or prosecuted for it.

That's part of what bothers me about petty car vandalism - it's so cowardly. If you have a problem with somebody, deal with them, don't vandalize their stuff and run away. Spikers generally seems like a good guy, though obviously frustrated in this thread. But it's sort of funny that he was challenging folks in this thread to retract comments or leave their address and he'd confront them - if this was a guy that thrived on confrontation, he'd likely have taken a more forthright approach during his parking lot incident.

Incidentally, I have no intention of posting my address - the last thing I need is to wake up to any car vandalism!

em2ab
08-10-2009, 07:33 PM
You won't believe this. My roommate just came home and handed this to me, she got it when parked at Safeway in the northeast. She was waaaaay at the back of the parking lot and the ticket (warning) looks like it was written by a 6 year old.

http://www.danmaher.com/images/ticket1.jpg

http://www.danmaher.com/images/ticket2.jpg

The top says, "Calgary Traffic By-Law #6 Failing to park in a manner required."
The bottom says, "Safeway #6 - Takeing two stalls."
That's quoted, spelling mistake and all.

How funny is that?

Zhariak
08-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
You won't believe this. My roommate just came home and handed this to me, she got it when parked at Safeway in the northeast. She was waaaaay at the back of the parking lot and the ticket (warning) looks like it was written by a 6 year old.

http://www.danmaher.com/images/ticket1.jpg

http://www.danmaher.com/images/ticket2.jpg

The top says, "Calgary Traffic By-Law #6 Failing to park in a manner required."
The bottom says, "Safeway #6 - Takeing two stalls."
That's quoted, spelling mistake and all.

How funny is that?

r0flzzzz

em2ab
08-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Ya, I just went to Safeway myself and took up 6 spots with my car but couldn't get a warning. :dunno: Pretty disappointed.

FraserB
08-10-2009, 08:46 PM
It looks like it came form some shmuck at the safeway or the rental company in charge of the property.

scat19
08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by em2ab
You won't believe this.

I dont believe this thread is still going. :banghead:

bjstare
08-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by scat19

I dont believe this thread is still going. :banghead:

+1

xecutivip
08-21-2009, 11:58 PM
what a dick

84stock
09-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Personally I prefer the sticker idea. Something that says "learn to park" , almost impossible to remove without some goof off and slap it on the drivers window and on the drivers side of the windshield. I don't condone keying, too nasty. Besides, you get the please of watching him remove the stickers. Poor a little motor oil along the wiper blades in case he tries to use them to remove the rest of the glue, lol.........on the other hand, if someone parks their cherry pride at the far end of the lot with nobody else around, I have no issue at all.....but parking up front shows your arrogant and lazy and deserve what's coming!

Here's a great sticker: http://www.zazzle.ca/asshole_sticker-217237639724234910

or how about a nice bumper sticker http://bumperstickers.cafepress.ca/item/jesus-loves-you-asshole-sticker-bumper/81391931

Pihsiak
10-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Wish I had a sticker tonight at TnT...

It's hard enuff already to sometimes find a spot there.

Masked Bandit
10-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Pihsiak

That's just ignorant. He's asking for someone in a POS to snug right up beside him. If your car is that damn precious to you either park at the back / end of the lot or leave it at home.

SlickMick
10-24-2009, 11:39 AM
If I had a nickel :bigpimp:

FraserB
10-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Didnt get pics but this morning at the Home Depot at chinook some fuckwit was taking up 3 spaces since he parked diagonally in his work truck. This was at 8AM so not a ton of people except he was there 3 days ago in the same truck, parked the same way at 3PM. I hope hes there next time I go, I put a pad of paper, packing tape and a sharpie in my Jeep just for him. ;)

Douche.

deaftone
10-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak

That is hilarious. An SLK AMG double parking? :rofl: :facepalm:

FiveFreshFish
10-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Next time you see asshole parking, leave this note:

You parked like an asshole and I keyed your car as a reminder not to ever do this again.
This puts the owner in a panic looking for scratches, relief when he doesn't find one and then anger when he realizes that the joke's on him. :D

This might make the asshole change his ways. If not, at least you put him through a range of emotions that just might ruin his day.

almerick
10-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Next time you see asshole parking, leave this note:

This puts the owner in a panic looking for scratches, relief when he doesn't find one and then anger when he realizes that the joke's on him. :D

This might make the asshole change his ways. If not, at least you put him through a range of emotions that just might ruin his day.

hahahaha clever, a psychological attack! Doesn't the SLK belong to the owner of Sun's BBQ/Pebble Street/Calgary Court etc.?

Eleanor
11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Thought I'd ass this beauty to the thread:

http://thatwillbuffout.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/jerk-parking-483x600.jpg

MintRacer
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by almerick

hahahaha clever, a psychological attack! Doesn't the SLK belong to the owner of Sun's BBQ/Pebble Street/Calgary Court etc.?

well usually I see the guy park his AMG right on the sidewalk next to the resturant

star-k
11-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Yea, thats his black mercedes, I raced him with my mod s2k. Totally nailed him. He apparently has like 3-4 girlfriends, being a co owner of the restaurant. He parks his black s2k on the side walke because he knows the manager of the pacific place.

Back to subject, that truck dude guy with the pregnant wife has decided to stop trying to justify his cause for parking "like he owned" the world. It was his and civics fault. Both are wrong.

I still think he should have not parked the way he did and should have dropped his wife off the front of the mall if he really loved her.

Sakui77
11-23-2009, 08:31 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/AzNSTi/IMAGE_216.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/AzNSTi/IMAGE_217.jpg

National Ford Asshole Parking Day???

One beside me and one in front of me. What an encounter ahahaha

scat19
11-23-2009, 11:03 PM
You would park in there? You're ASKING for a door ding.

soloracer
11-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Thought I'd ass this beauty to the thread:

http://thatwillbuffout.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/jerk-parking-483x600.jpg

Maybe parking is his handicap? ;)

Sakui77
11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by scat19
You would park in there? You're ASKING for a door ding.

Hey, it was the only spot open at the time.

TorqueDog
11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
http://www.zooass.com/games/pubert/images/mickeyfax.gif

TomcoPDR
11-25-2009, 10:03 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/1028092055.jpg

swak
12-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Parkade at work.
Theres 3 stalls between the pillars, its hard to see the 2nd yellow line. Vans right on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/magishn/IMG00031.jpg

topmade
12-07-2009, 11:24 AM
No picture, but this morning I parked nicely in the park'n'ride lot then this lady parks beside me leaving about 5ft between our cars. Like WTF, do you automatically forget how much space is in a stall when you can't see the lines?

speedog
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Spotted this one at CIM - went to take a pic with the cell phone a couple of hours later and noticed that someone else didn't think much of this BMW driver's parking either...
http://www3.telus.net/public/slugs/015.jpg
Gotta feel sorry owner because of the micro marring that would've been left on that window though.

Ukyo8
12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Spotted this one at CIM - went to take a pic with the cell phone a couple of hours later and noticed that someone else didn't think much of this BMW driver's parking either...
would've been left on that window though.

"someone else" :devil:

speedog
12-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Trust me on the "someone else" - my fingers were quite cozy in my mitts. I don't like people dicking around with my rides and I don't dick around with their's even if they park like jackasses. Have been known to leave one of my made-up parking tickets on a windshield or two just as a polite message though.

Stuntmonkey
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
http://hellameke.com/images/bwy1261168848y.JPG

http://hellameke.com/images/rgh1261168895m.JPG

This was in the car park of TCPL.

bituerbo
12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
What happened to Spikerzz tugboat wife? Were there pics? Were there pics and I missed it?

VWEvo
12-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Just like BMW drivers are automatically douchebags, truck drivers are automatically assholes.

It's just a part of being on Beyond.ca.

Crap, I'm an asshole douchebag :cry:

swak
12-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

Crap, I'm an asshole douchebag :cry:

BMW makes trucks now?

Or are you one of those people that call your SUV a truck? :banghead: :banghead: :facepalm:

89s1
12-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by swak

BMW makes trucks now?

Or are you one of those people that call your SUV a truck? :banghead: :banghead: :facepalm:

You must have signatures disabled. That, or you're a total dumbass :dunno:

FraserB
12-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

You must have signatures disabled. That, or you're a total dumbass :dunno:

Considering he has one, I think he has them enabled.

On another note, so far no one has caught me parking on snow piles at the mall:D

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I like writing FAIL and GTFO on some paper and leaving it facing into peoples windshields so they can read it.

mborque
12-19-2009, 07:08 PM
What a fag for double parking that Jaguar. :facepalm:

VWEvo
12-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by swak

BMW makes trucks now?

I'm hoping you saw my sig, and no, I don't consider an x5 a truck, but I do consider my Tundra Crewmax one ;)

swak
12-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo

I'm hoping you saw my sig, and no, I don't consider an x5 a truck, but I do consider my Tundra Crewmax one ;)

ahaha... my bad, jumped to the punch and no, didn't look at your sig. Didnt expect to see your cars in there if i did (look at the side bar, with nothing though)

ahaha.. yea id definitely consider your Tundra a truck :poosie:

I work as a valet, and too many people i get consider their X5's, TrailBlazers, hell even Mini-Vans beastly trucks...
All i can do is sigh under my breath and move on.

Zubrend
12-24-2009, 06:12 AM
i know some people have big trucks and have to park in more than one space, but it's obvious who they are versus the people who just park like jackasses

Supa Dexta
12-24-2009, 06:16 AM
I have to use two spots, But I have to use 2 long, not 2 wide.. :rofl: I always park at the back of the lot though too. Theoretically I could use 8 spots total if I wanted to really piss people off. :rofl:

FraserB
01-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Double parked with the engine running at the Macleod Trail Blockbuster. Was there when I went in and left a few minutes after as these were being taken. He didn't understand that hes in a public place visible to the public and not guaranteed privacy, hahahahahaha.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/fraserbrown1986/DSCF3131.jpg

Mibz
01-01-2010, 08:30 PM
That's not double parking, and honestly I don't think that's very douchey considering how big the parking lot is and how late is appears to be.

FraserB
01-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
That's not double parking, and honestly I don't think that's very douchey considering how big the parking lot is and how late is appears to be.

Taking up two spots at 630 on a Friday night?

SRT10Killer
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM
this makes me want to buy a $200 beater and do extremely stupid things on purpose in the parking lot

tron113
01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Calgary Parking Authority controls all the parking within the city. So if you see a car parked over the line, in a handicap spot, parked on the sidewalk, up on the curb or any other way the you feel needs attention then give them a call and if they`re still there in a few hours when the parking guy gets there then he`ll give them a ticket, or atleast a warning if he see him.

Mibz
01-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Taking up two spots at 630 on a Friday night? Sorry, I should've been more clear. Taking up two spots is not double parking. Parking on the street -beside- another car is double parking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_parking

methodicreign
01-02-2010, 12:07 PM
I can tolerate the doucebags taking up 2 spots, if they think there so special that thier ride needs 2 spots, fine, get a helmet and move on. It's the asshats that create a parking spot and block off road ways that make me want to buy a tow truck and make a small fortune every year. go to any mall on a busy shopping day, xmas season especially and you will find people just stop thier car and get out and leave. I have seen people stop on the big yellow painted lines signaling no parking, park on the wrong side of the concrete divider and block a lane of traffic flow, I even saw a super douche knuckle double park in a expectant mother and handicap spot. I expecially love the people that park on the curb in front of the mall doors with thier hazards on and "run in" for something real quick. Fire lanes are nothing more than really long spots to some people, come to think why havn't I bought a tow truck and started yet? I could retire next month....

Rat Fink
01-02-2010, 01:20 PM

Pollywog
01-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
We looked into the window, saw this vehicle was an automatic with the E-brake off. We climbed underneath, undid the shifter cable and popped the trans into neutral and rolled it out of the way and a few rows over. Then we popped it back into park and put the shifter cable back on. We left the fucker sitting on 4 stalls. harrr harrr harrrr
As cool as you think doing that may sounds, I would beat the piss out of you if I saw you do this - and this is from multiple standpoints. One, if I was the owner of the truck and someone is under my vehicle uncoupling shifter cables and bumping my transmission out of gear you wouldn't be able to get a word out as there is no excuse to be doing something so fucking retarded. Second, as a bystander if I saw someone abusing (and possibly stealing) someone elses vehicle like that in a parking lot, I'd have my cell phone to the police in one hand and your neck in the other.

Rat Fink
01-02-2010, 01:43 PM

Pollywog
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

LOL, mkay. So you would sit in your vehicle and happily wait until the owner of that truck came (however long that might've taken) for you to get out of your spot? We were at the end of the lot out in the boonies and one truck comes and boxes us in. It was obviously intentional as he was parked at a really crazy angle and prevented us from being able to get out of our spot. There is no reason to be a prick like that on his end. We could've done something permanent like throw something on his truck or key it....but instead we just moved it out of the way. No damage done to the shifter cable or trans.

You said it yourself, it was out in the boonies and the back of the lot was empty then why waste more spots and douche-park? Sounds like you would've had no troubles had you parked normally in the vacant lot - no issues loading your bed as well no asshole blocking you in. I'm not trying to attack you as a person fink, but him trying to give you a douch-newsflash doesn't give you the right to climb under his truck and start taking things apart and manually pushing the truck.

On a side note, you finished your last post with a minor threat with regards to "your size". You are telling me that if you saw someone underneath of your semi-truck disconnecting shit and so forth just because he thought you parked like a douche that you wouldn't do anything? Give me a break.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I probably would get pissed to the point of moving it manually. I suppose I'd have to have been in the situation to understand the circumstances.

Rat Fink
01-02-2010, 02:29 PM

Sugarphreak
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM

VaRiX
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

beyond_ban
01-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by VaRiX
:drama:

+1 BAN