PDA

View Full Version : Parts @ BMW dealer - X4 the Price

scat19
07-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I've been holding this in a while, and I just don't get it.

Exchange rate aside, the parts are EXTREMELY overpriced compared to U.S dealerships.

I called Gallery for AUX input kit for the radio. (Gives you a 3.5MM jack in the glovebox). This was priced at $150.

I also asked for the iPod integration kit (which is not very good, compared to DICE). He said, well, it's not available for your car. I said look, the radio didn't change from 02-06. Yes it is. He said ok then, it's around 350-450. Couldn't even get a real price from him...

In the sates? The aux kit is 40, and the iPod integration is 150.

Ridiculous.

benyl
07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
The radio did change in 2005.

I know my E46 330 could play MP3s, but the 2004 cars could not.

Wipers are the same price at Gallery after shipping.

I think I have an ice-link+ kicking around that I have no use for.

That being said, there are a number of parts that are twice as much (at least the ones I have looked for).

Order from Tischer, that what I always did.

snoop101
07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Your better off to buy online at one of the big BMW companies in the Us like pelicanparts or bavauto

scat19
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah bavauto or tischer, I felt better after typing my op.

Benyl, does your kit over-ride the trunk CD changer?

adidas
07-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Ive noticed that the prices varies from dealership to dealership here in calgary for VW parts!

If i dont need the part asap, i just order over the net! Simple as that!

benyl
07-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by scat19

Benyl, does your kit over-ride the trunk CD changer?

Dunno if it is the CD changer. All I know is that I had to connect it in the trunk.

Song titles, etc show up on the head unit.

C4S
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
To be fair ..

You should blame BMW "CANADA" not the dealer.

I bought BMW parts/shirt/watch etc from USA as well, as their RETAIL in US .. still way LESS then wholesale cost to Canadian BMW dealer ....

Sometimes, BMW dealer order parts from USA, paying FULL retail, still cost LESS then cost from BMW Canada.

However, shouldn't just blame high price in Canada .... just the fact is, almost everything is much cheaper in US.

Say Shampoo/body wash etc .. ~ $7-8US vs $19 here ... and I am talking about price in SUPER STORE.

Compare to US pricing ... yes, everything here is expensive .. however, if compare to UK etc .. then not too bad.

It is not JUST BMW .. even Honda, Benz, Porsche, Aston Martin, Lotus ... etc ..

:dunno:

97'Scort
07-22-2009, 03:43 PM
The only things I buy at the dealer anymore are obscure little clips. They're the same price anywhere, and the dealer absorbs the shipping cost. I needed a little green rivet for the sideskirts on my car...a bag of 10 of the suckers cost $4 at the dealer. Nuts and bolts too, they can usually get those fairly reasonable.

Anything else, Pelican Parts all the way! If you're on bimmerforums, Wayne will usually ship things as "gifts" ;)

cocoabrova
07-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Ive noticed that the prices varies from dealership to dealership here in calgary for VW parts!

If i dont need the part asap, i just order over the net! Simple as that!

If it does, it *should* only vary between Northland and the rest as Fifth Ave and South Centre are part of the same dealer group....

cocoabrova
07-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by C4S
To be fair ..

You should blame BMW "CANADA" not the dealer.

I bought BMW parts/shirt/watch etc from USA as well, as their RETAIL in US .. still way LESS then wholesale cost to Canadian BMW dealer ....

Sometimes, BMW dealer order parts from USA, paying FULL retail, still cost LESS then cost from BMW Canada.

However, shouldn't just blame high price in Canada .... just the fact is, almost everything is much cheaper in US.

Say Shampoo/body wash etc .. ~ $7-8US vs $19 here ... and I am talking about price in SUPER STORE.

Compare to US pricing ... yes, everything here is expensive .. however, if compare to UK etc .. then not too bad.

It is not JUST BMW .. even Honda, Benz, Porsche, Aston Martin, Lotus ... etc ..

:dunno:

Amen bro-ham, the dealer's cost of the part(s) obviously directly affects the retail/list price of the part(s). I'm pretty sure all dealerships, import or domestic, are on a fixed pricing structure with a fixed GP to make on parts, and maybe a little more or a little less on certain parts.

As far as accessory items go, there most likely isn't alot of markup as most delaers sell accessories at list not MSRP or full retail......

xorina
07-22-2009, 04:26 PM
dont feel to bad ur nissan ipod kits are almost 600.00
best off going aftermarket.

colt22
07-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Edit

scat19
07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Colt are you saying you work at a dealer? If so, would be willing to help out? (82-11-0-149-389 3series AUX input cable )

Benyl - If it connects in the trunk, you didn't have the 6CD changer :)

BillyJoelR
07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I want one of these AUX input too.
How do you know if my car would work with this?
I got a 01 330CiC.

scat19
07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Your radio does not have the the Aux input in the back. You need to buy an 02 + radio and swap that guy in.

j0nblayz
07-24-2009, 10:50 AM
benyl, your suppose to give me that ice link!!!

scat19
07-24-2009, 11:02 AM
:poosie:

j0nblayz
07-24-2009, 12:46 PM
:whipped:

Orbie
07-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by xorina
dont feel to bad ur nissan ipod kits are almost 600.00
best off going aftermarket.

Where are you going where they are $600!? If you didn't get it standard on your car from a package, the Nissan iPod kits are usually around $250 -$300 CDN. That's for Nissan or Infiniti models including the R35.