PDA

View Full Version : Jacques Villeneuve Allegedly Back in F1

Mibz
07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.f1technical.net/news/12909

According to reports by the German newspaper 'Bild', former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve is closing in a on deal to return to Formula One with the new USF1 Team in 2010. Villeneuve didn't want to refer to USF1 but said to the publication: "It is true, I will return to Formula One."

According to 'Bild', the team would have its first car, designed at Charlotte, North Carolina, ready in October. USF1 would also be looking at Le Castellet, France, and Aragon, Spain, as their European base.I know a lot of people hated him but it was nice to have a Canadian to root for, and his entry will only improve the chances of getting the Canadian GP back.

I hope it's true.

rage2
07-22-2009, 02:53 PM
I never hated JV, was a fan during his Champcar and Williams days. I wouldn't trust a report from Bild just yet tho.

DJ Lazy
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
He's kind of a "has been" isn't he.. I never followed F1 back during his time, but he wasn't all that impressive at the time when he left F1 was he?:dunno:

EDIT: On a side note, could De La Rosa be joining Campos in 2010? http://www.f1technical.net/news/12894

buh_buh
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm a fan of Villeneuve, but don't have confidence in his remaining skill.
I thought USF1 only wanted American drivers? Close enough I guess since Danica turned them down... :dunno:

Mibz
07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I thought USF1 only wanted American drivers? Close enough I guess since Danica turned them down... :dunno: Yeah, I figure they just want high profile drivers to bring in sponsorship potential, American or not, and JV would be pretty good for that.

rage2
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM
With his end of season 3 or 4 race stint with Renault being the exception, he's still got the skills IMO. Just never had a car since he left Williams.

If Mark Webber can dominate a GP in a good car, I'm sure Villeneuve will be fine.

95EagleAWD
07-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I'd love to see JV back in there. Like rage2 said, he just never had a competetive car after he left Williams. I'm actually surprised he hasn't turned up in IndyCar since he left F1.

buh_buh
07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by rage2

If Mark Webber can dominate a GP in a good car, I'm sure Villeneuve will be fine. still won't give Webber any credit...
I don't think he's a horrible driver, and Villeneuve's been out of the game (or any game for that matter minus 24h Le Mans) for 3 years. Its probably been close to a decade since he's been on a F1 podium. I don't think Villeneuve's even in Webber's league at this point. Not to take anything away from his past accomplishments, but I think he's got a better shot at reviving his music career than his F1 career.

rage2
07-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Not to take anything away from his past accomplishments, but I think he's got a better shot at reviving his music career than his F1 career.
You can't revive something that never happened in the first place...

On February 19, 2007, Villeneuve released his first album entitled Private Paradise. The launch was held at his café, where he performed two songs in front of a crowd largely composed of news reporters. When asked about his expectations on the album he released the following statement: “I hope the album makes a great success. I would never do something hoping to get criticized.” His new record had very low sales; as of March 9, 2007, only 233 copies were sold in the entire province of Quebec and about 30 outside of Quebec and Canada - excluding digital sales. On December 31, 2007, Infoman 2007, a satirical end-of-year review on Radio-Canada, announced that he had sold only 836 CDs in North America.
:rofl:

Mibz
07-22-2009, 04:37 PM
...I think he's got a better shot at reviving his music career than his F1 career. Oh come on, 836 people can't all be wrong.

rage2
07-22-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.myspace.com/jvofficial

haha christ he sounds bad. I've had better karaoke sessions than that lol.

Mibz
07-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I wish I could hit that up from work.

Eleanor
07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22072009/13/villeneuve-denies-usf1-deal-imminent.html

95EagleAWD
07-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by rage2
http://www.myspace.com/jvofficial

haha christ he sounds bad. I've had better karaoke sessions than that lol.

:eek:

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That's awesomely bad.

Mibz
07-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Fuck, I'm just gonna stop posting stuff, I manage to pick all the fake shit.

PS: I'm not the one who's making you warm inside.

EDIT: His French singing isn't terrible. His acting sucks in any language though.

cloud7
07-28-2009, 01:05 AM
I have been following Villeneuve since his CART days as well. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of his until near the end of his last season in CART. He had some impressive performances in his first two years of F1.

I don't know how realistic it is for him to return to F1... we seem to hear the same story from time to time, partly because the F1 press knows that any Villeneuve story gets a huge number of hits. I will believe it when an official announcement is made by team press release.