PDA

View Full Version : BIGGEST burger in town (preff bison meat)

jaysas_63
07-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey guys!

I was hopping you would be able to help me find a burger place, that serves a burger similar to Hudson's in Edmonton. its called the champion burger and its a MASSIVE bison burger with 16oz of meat.

i know there's a thread about the best burgers in town, but this time I'm looking for quantity over quality

thanks people!!

Kritafo
07-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Best burger that is bison, buy your own grill your own. ....http://www.crmr.com/ranch

You can buy 6 or 8oz and you can buy seasoned or plain. They are nice and lean that is for sure.

The Ranche has a game burger on their lunch menu which is very tasty.

Ben
07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
If you're ever in Banff, "The Bison" and "The Maple Leaf" have great bison burgers.

Rowdy
07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
As far as a fast food kinda place. "Burger Inn" has a good bison burger. As well as ostrich and a few others.

Swank
07-23-2009, 09:19 AM
The Big Kahuna at the Unicorn pub is pretty damn big, it's served with a steak knife thru the middle to hold it together. It also comes with poutine to take an extra year off of your life expectancy. Tastes good too, I think it's around $15.

Kritafo
07-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Burger Inn eh? I can't understand how they are even in business honestly. I haven't had a decent burger at any of their locations ever. Yes they offer some interesting game burgers....but they over cook all of them.

Okay.

Diner Deluxe I was reminded has a great Buffalo burger. Huge?...not really, but very tasty.

And I wanted to remind everyone that the Harvest Festival/Flavours of the Foothills which includes Rocky Mountain Ranch is Aug 22 and a second day has been added the 23rd.

http://www.flavoursofthefoothills.com/ you can get all the details. Rocky Mountain Ranch has in the past fired up the BBQ with elk smokies and bison burgers in the past, though I don't see anything about it this year.

Super_Geo
07-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't know the exact size of the burger, but Buchanna's (downtown, 3rd ave/8th street) has the best burger I've had in town... and it's pretty fuckin big!

I think they make it out of ground up sirlon, and you can have it done med-rare or rare. It's $19, but I'd take it over a $13 burger at Earl's/Joey's/etc anyday.

RX_EVOLV
07-26-2009, 10:59 PM
FATS serves big burger too. I think 4 patties. $28.

Disoblige
07-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
I don't know the exact size of the burger, but Buchanna's (downtown, 3rd ave/8th street) has the best burger I've had in town... and it's pretty fuckin big!

I think they make it out of ground up sirlon, and you can have it done med-rare or rare. It's $19, but I'd take it over a $13 burger at Earl's/Joey's/etc anyday.

Really now? Might give them a try relatively soon. But medium rare meat? Not too sure I want to risk that, but it sure sounds tasty.

livinlarge89
07-27-2009, 09:01 AM
I've been to restaurants where its been medium rare for hamburgers, but only because they grind up a steak immediately before making the burger, so it can get cooked that way, it makes for a really good burger lol.

Disoblige
07-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by livinlarge89
I've been to restaurants where its been medium rare for hamburgers, but only because they grind up a steak immediately before making the burger, so it can get cooked that way, it makes for a really good burger lol.

Ohhh :drool:

Would you recommend a place in Calgary other than ones listed above?

clem24
07-28-2009, 11:23 AM
My coworker was at Saskatoon Farm near Okotoks over the weekend:

http://saskatoonfarm.com/

And he said they served one of the best burgers he's ever had. And it was bison. Just ask them to make it a double or something. Made by a bunch of Mexican labourers apparently.

Kritafo
07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by clem24
My coworker was at Saskatoon Farm near Okotoks over the weekend:

http://saskatoonfarm.com/

And he said they served one of the best burgers he's ever had. And it was bison. Just ask them to make it a double or something. Made by a bunch of Mexican labourers apparently.

Yes they do have them, and I forgot about how good they were. It's always busy there, don't get the bison chili though, the beans are never cooked through. They have fantastic deserts.... skip the ice-cream. You can buy bison meat out there are as well.

Tomaz
07-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I remeber Kanes Diner having a MASSIVE buger. Not sure if it is still there. Beef, not bison.