PDA

View Full Version : Bike meet taxi. Bike lose.

swak
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
edit

StupidWade
07-22-2009, 06:57 PM
This oughtta be good.

BrknFngrs
07-22-2009, 07:09 PM
So you rear ended him and you weren't driving in your lane?

SJW
07-22-2009, 07:09 PM
So you rear ended a taxi and you expect they pay for your bike damage? HAH.

psycoticclown
07-22-2009, 07:10 PM
:facepalm:

FivE.SeveN
07-22-2009, 07:14 PM
This is for real? :dunno:

dj_rice
07-22-2009, 07:15 PM
But he stopped suddenly...its not my fault...:facepalm: he shouldnt have stopped so fast

guessboi
07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
do you think you are at fault? rear end collison = 100% your fault no matter what. :nut:

dj_rice
07-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Edit :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Barking_Spidre
07-22-2009, 07:35 PM
No quote? :cry:

SJW
07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Coles notes:

I'm a douche who follows too close,rear end people and think it's their fault.

Ha guys what do I do now?

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
07-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow, just wow...

B4tMan
07-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
its not my fault...:facepalm: he shouldnt have stopped so fast

badatusrnames
07-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Nobody grabbed the original post? Always grab the original post.

1-Bar
07-22-2009, 09:17 PM
boo for edit and non-quote.....

BlackArcher101
07-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Vote Ban.

95EagleAWD
07-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Bike lose every battle. Don't tailgate.

EDIT: And BlackArcher, we have to post together all the time. More Hayley! :thumbsup:

banned3x
07-23-2009, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by swak
hey guys i need your help, well i was cruising and this fuckin douche bag just stopped all of a sudden so i was like Yo wtf man? why you stop so suddenly? my bike is crashed, needs new fairing and headlights and i think my neck hurts, anybody recommend a good lawyer tht speaciallizes in sueing douche bags like this? please help beyond!! the taxi driver i think was asain so that might explain a lot . pls help me!! dont you guys hate it when people stop all of a sudden? i do , ima git this fucker good.

Cooked Rice
07-23-2009, 04:31 AM

i suggest you learn how to ride properly before you kill yourself the next time around.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/1324.htm

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/1297.htm

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/images/mc49.jpg

anothers10
07-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Sell your bike.

Dj_Stylz
07-23-2009, 06:34 AM
Yo man thats messed up. Whats his deal stopping so fast.

scat19
07-23-2009, 11:48 AM
The asian cabby is a chill guy.

tom_9109
07-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Well a bicycle is considered a pedestrian so I believe the onus is on the taxi to prove he is not at fault. Further since its a bicycle and not an insured vehicle the IBC agreement to fault does not apply. Even though the bicycle is a dumb ass it is not cut and dry.

For starters in any circumstance the cyclist is covered under the taxis Section B Coverages for medical expenses resulting from the collision. As for the damage to the bike and taxi I'd expect if either side is looking for damages there will be lawyers involved.

sputnik
07-23-2009, 12:29 PM
"Fucking cagers"

Mibz
07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
swak meet English. Beyond lose.

swak
07-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
swak meet English. Beyond lose.

What?

The quote from banned3x wasn't what i wrote.. haha.
Thanks again though 3x.

.. and to clear things up i was on a bicycle.

Critical
07-23-2009, 12:59 PM
http://www.toontowncentral.com/gallery/data/500/orly-42891.jpg

scat19
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
Well a bicycle is considered a pedestrian so I believe the onus is on the taxi to prove he is not at fault. Further since its a bicycle and not an insured vehicle the IBC agreement to fault does not apply. Even though the bicycle is a dumb ass it is not cut and dry.

For starters in any circumstance the cyclist is covered under the taxis Section B Coverages for medical expenses resulting from the collision. As for the damage to the bike and taxi I'd expect if either side is looking for damages there will be lawyers involved.

Do you think a bicycle has fairings and headlights?

This is a Motorcycle.

Thanks for coming out.

banned3x
07-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by scat19

This is a Motorcycle.

Thanks for coming out.

hahhah reading owns you, op was on a bicycle

tom_9109
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM

This is a Motorcycle.

Thanks for coming out.

You sure showed me.

Team_Mclaren
07-23-2009, 02:29 PM

This is a Motorcycle.

Thanks for coming out.

did you try to read through your windshield again?

Mibz
07-23-2009, 03:24 PM

What?

Thanks again though 3x.

.. and to clear things up i was on a bicycle. My post had nothing to do with what 3x wrote. The title itself is an abomination.

BlackArcher101
07-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Wait, this happened on a bicycle? LOL, this makes it even more funny. How in the hell do you rear end someone because they stopped too quickly. Last I checked, a bicycle stopping distance is shorter than a car. (Unless you're a fatty on an old bike that has rubber clamp brakes and it's raining).

codetrap
07-23-2009, 04:19 PM

A bicycle is definitely NOT considered a pedestrian. I don't think you should be giving out legal advice if you really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/2114.htm
http://bikebridge.ca/rulesab.html

Cos
07-23-2009, 04:23 PM
A bicycle is not a pedestrian, that is why it pisses me off when they run pedestrian crosswalks, stop signs, traffic lights, etc.

You are ONLY considered a pedestrian if you are WALKING your bike.

I call BS on this story..... I have yet to see a pedal bike that a grown up would ride with fairings, headlight maybe but for sure not fairings..... Unless you stole some 5 year olds bike

B4tMan
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
... wait, asians are cabbies ?

banned3x
07-23-2009, 06:36 PM

BlackArcher101
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
EDIT: And BlackArcher, we have to post together all the time. More Hayley! :thumbsup:

Oh, I agree. :thumbsup:
Just like cow bell, you can't have enough Hayley.

badatusrnames
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM

Fail :facepalm:

So you're telling me the driver has to make sure every time he wants to come to a stop that a retard on a bike won't pile into his rear bumper?

BlackArcher101
07-23-2009, 06:47 PM
This begs the question though... what happens if a bicycle causes damage to a vehicle and the bicycle is at fault. How does insurance work in that case? Does the insurance company pay for the damage then try to sue the bicycle rider to recoup the cost?

95EagleAWD
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Lol... OP was riding a bike? That's awesome. I think the only thing I've ever hit on a bike was a parked car... :banghead:

BlackArcher101
07-23-2009, 07:41 PM
It takes a special kind of person to hit a car that was once moving with a bike. I've hit another bike, had a car hit me... but never hit something that stopped quicker than I could.

dj_rice
07-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Who is this Hayley girl both of u have as avatars?

Amysicle
07-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Hayley Williams of Paramore. They have a song on Guitar Hero and/or Rock Band.

BlackArcher101
07-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Our job here is done.

swak
07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
When a car slams on his brakes in front of you, on a fixed gear bike, trust me. Your not gonna stop quicker than him.

I would say it takes a lot more stupidity to hit a parked car or another bikler.

EDIT: I race bikes (riding close to dozens of other riders) and never had a collision, have been commuting downtown to work for years and never had a problem.
Trust me, i have really good handling and control of my bike.

BlackArcher101
07-23-2009, 08:35 PM
When a car slams on his brakes in front of you, on a fixed gear bike, trust me. Your not gonna stop quicker than him.

I would say it takes a lot more stupidity to hit a parked car or another bikler.

How fast were you going on this fixed gear bike?

swak
07-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

This is a fixed gear bike now? How does one even travel that fast behind a car on a fixed gear bike?

My gear ratio is 50/16. I can go pretty fast on that damn thing.
I can match the speed of cars going down 4th and 5th ave (the streets i commute on).

BlackArcher101
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Sorry, I edited my earlier post because I didn't realize you were the OP. I was thinking a bmx style single speed, that makes more sense now.

tom_9109
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

A bicycle is definitely NOT considered a pedestrian. I don't think you should be giving out legal advice if you really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

I don't think you're understanding my post. Let me explain a little further.

1. Earlier in the post someone stated that since he rear ended the car ahead of him he's automatically 100% at fault. I am pointing out that since the bicycle doesn't have an automobile insurance policy that the IBC claims agreement as to fault does not apply. In a case where a fault chart doesn't apply and there is a disagreement as to fault, court is ultimately where the claim ends up unless they agree and settle out of court. In court yes it is likely in almost every instance that the car in the rear will be found to be at fault however its not a rule and there are exceptions.

2. As far as insurance is concerned they agree to pay medical benefits (section B) to anyone injured or killed in an accident involving the use or operation of the vehicle.

Straight quotes from the Alberta auto policy.

The Insurer agrees to pay to or with respect to each insured person as defined
in this section who sustains bodily injury or death directly and independently
of all other causes by an accident arising out of the use or operation of an
automobile.

“pedestrian” means an individual who is not an occupant of an automobile;

3. I agree totally that the bicycle is probably the negligent party in the collision. Its likely either his lack of attention or following to close is the proximate cause of the collision. However, should the taxi owner or his insurer try to recover damages from the cyclist they will have to take civil action against that party to recover anything.

Now as far as I know as far as courts and insurance is concerned they DO consider a cyclist a pedestrian and the onus of proof is reversed. The motorist is presumed to be liable to the pedestrian, and it is up to the motorist to prove he or she was not negligent.

In short, the taxis insurance must cover the cyclist under its accident benefits (Section B) and there is not clear cut case of fault. If any claim arises out of this there are 2 outcomes, either the parties will come to an agreement and settle out of court (regardless of which way they agree) or they will have to take the case to court where a judge will make the decision.

codetrap >> As for not giving out advice when I don't know what I am talking about I think its a little uncalled for. Everything I have stated is taken from my knowledge of insurance and directly from a course from the Insurance Institute of Canada regarding automobile insurance in Alberta. I understand that a bicycle is required to act as if its a vehicle when on the road and has rules to follow. However there's more at play when insurance and negligence is involved. I am merely trying to share a perspective on the issue as to give understanding to whomever wishes to have it. Is there anything else you need from me to support my position in earlier post?

codetrap
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Is there anything else you need from me to support my position in earlier post?

Nope. I'm feeling sufficiently schooled now thanks. ;)

swak
07-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
My post had nothing to do with what 3x wrote. The title itself is an abomination.

haha...

This is taken from my martial arts instructor.
"Fist meet face, face lose"

to..

"Bike meet taxi, bike lose"

scat19
07-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by banned3x

hahhah reading owns you, op was on a bicycle

You sure showed me.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

did you try to read through your windshield again?

Are you guys fucking retarded?

hey guys i need your help, well i was cruising and this fuckin douche bag just stopped all of a sudden so i was like Yo wtf man? why you stop so suddenly? my bike is crashed, needs new fairing and headlights and i think my neck hurts, anybody recommend a good lawyer tht speaciallizes in sueing douche bags like this? please help beyond!! the taxi driver i think was asain so that might explain a lot . pls help me!! dont you guys hate it when people stop all of a sudden? i do , ima git this fucker good.

Kennyredline
07-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

X2...a bicycle is a motor vehicle DUMBASS.

Kennyredline
07-24-2009, 09:59 AM

I bet it is a bicycle,and he has a pair of those generator-powered headlights on his handlebars, and the little streamers coming out of the handlebar tips. Is it a Supercycle?

yellowsnow
07-24-2009, 10:23 AM

What?

Thanks again though 3x.

reading is fun!

n1zm0
07-24-2009, 10:28 AM
i missed everything :( , original OP quote is lost forever

Mibz
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
i missed everything :( , original OP quote is lost forever That's okay, scat19 is more entertaining than the OP.

Critical
07-24-2009, 10:52 AM

LMAO. He still doesn't get it? :dunno:

scat19
07-24-2009, 11:09 AM
What kind of bicycle has fairings and headlights?

lmao. :facepalm: at me

Critical
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by banned3x

What?

Thanks again though 3x.

swak
07-24-2009, 12:19 PM

Oh man.
No fairings or headlights, if you needed me to clear that up too.

banned3x
07-24-2009, 05:19 PM
OMG best thread ever, would read again!!