PDA

View Full Version : Good working out diet.... HEALTHY Help please!

black300
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
So as my title says I am wanting a good indication on good and healthy meals especially when working out and trying to lose weight. Doing 1 hour cardio minimum about 5-6 days a week, burning around 800 calories atleast. Just wanting some tips on what I should eat every meal, and what is the best thing to eat while working out.... and I do know that any fast food is not good, home is the best. Help will be greatly appreicated guys thanks. Meal to meal day planner would be EXCELLENT!!

waypastfast
07-22-2009, 10:37 PM
One thing i can recommend is to watch your sugar and sodium intake. Also try to eat more greens and less carbs. And avoid eating at least 2-3 hours before bed.

Boosted Gtir
07-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Eat six smaller meals instead of three large meals.

claire909
07-23-2009, 02:14 AM
I always prefer the old adage "Take your breakfast like a king,lunch like a price and dinner like a pauper ",the ideal diet for every season.

Cooked Rice
07-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Here's a tip. When you go grocery shopping buy the raw form of everything! Stay on the outside of the grocery store, keep out of the isles. Make everything from the raw/bare ingredients. No premade/easy meal crap.

Egg whites, boiled lean chicken, fish etc... Lots of green vegetables, brown rice, whole grains. You can eat fruit, but it should not replace your vegetables. Fruits have natural sugars which give you energy, but you don't want too much or it'll turn back into fat.

Example today I had:

Breakfast: Cup of Bran cereal w/ berries mixed with a couple scoops of fat free PLAIN yogurt. Natural fruit juice w/ cretaine.

My daily workout

Lunch: 2 scoops whey protein w/ 1 cup skim milk. 2 Whole grain low-fat wraps, with 1% cottage cheese, alfalfa sprouts, diced celery, and chunk tuna. W/ a few cherry tomatoes on the side.

Snack: Natural fruit juice w/ creatine. Raw sweet snap peas.

Dinner: Garden salad, no dressing. Protein shake.

And cause it's my birthday, I splurged and had a cupcake cause they were made for me and i didn't want to be rude and not have one, haha.

Cardio is very good, but you must make sure it is at a high intensity level in order to burn fat. You must be able to trigger your body to make it say "oh hey i may not have enough energy to do this, so i have to start burning the fat stores". Do weights, build your muscle, this will boost your metabolism and increase your lean body mass. Make your body burn fat all the time, not only when you're working out.

black300
07-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Thank you, I am doing fat burning programs which makes me sweat like crazy and my heart rate go very high. I am trying to lose a lot of weight, so is all the protein shakes needed? BTW how is Subway, like a 6inch or footlong on whole wheat, chicken breast, or turkey breast and mayo, hot sauce or sub sauce?

Cooked Rice
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Subway is ok if you really have no time to make something yourself. If you can, try staying away from the sauces, if you really have to, they have fat -free sauces like honey mustard and sweet onion, BUT! they have sugar so be careful. And no SALT!

2 protein shakes a day is pretty normal for most people who work out and want to achieve more lean body mass. It helps your body from cannibalizing itself basically. The creatine is for muscle cell volume, makes your muscles store more water and puff up, it's a personal choice supplement. I also take Lipo6X which helps boosts metabolism, but it's a controversial supplement, some people like it, for others it made them feel like shit.

Also, if you know you're going to be going out for the night and splurging, drinking(alcohol), eating etc... Do a good hard muscle workout, then when you take in all those calories/energy it will go to repair your muscle tissue vs turning into fat.

scboss
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Best tip ive ever gotten is always stay on the outside rows of the supermarket. Ive never had a gut since living by this and every place is set up the same. You have meat, veg, fruit, dairy and bakery. You should never eat anything that you dont know the ingredients!

black300
07-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Also what is good for drinking usually I drink once a week Smrinoff with cranberry or water? Is that good

LongCity
07-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Boosted Gtir
Eat six smaller meals instead of three large meals.

Myth! Says the blackboard at Talisman Center.

core_upt
07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Take 20 minutes to read through this thread:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/233787/the-5-month-challenge-whos-with-me-completed-updates-inside/

tons of great info and experiences.

A790
07-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

Proven! Says thousands of people who've lost weight following that type of routine as well as numerous studies.

Redlined_8000
07-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

6 meals/day is better than 3 because:

1) Allows you to eat more food - good if your trying to grow
2) Keeps metabolism up during the whole day
3) Allows for a steady flow of nutrients throughout the body the whole day - this will allow for more efficient protein synthesis and anabolism.
4) Allows for pre and post workout meals
5) helps prevent binge eating

Myth my ass... People who eat 5-6 meals a day are way more likely to have success with their fitness goals then people eating 3/day. Not to say you cant progress on 3/day, 5-6 is just a much more efficient way to go.

TysonFaulkner
08-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Along with eating, I would change your slow cardio to a shorter, more intense session of wind sprints or hill climbs. The more intense your workout is the more your metabolism will go up, increasing the amount of calories your body burns while you're not exercising.

So you may not burn as many calories while you're running, but the increase in your metabolism will more than make up for it.

lauraflem01
08-08-2009, 03:07 AM
The key to being fit isn't just weight loss, but giving your metabolism and cardiovascular system a good workout. Lose belly fat with a healthy meal plan and get a sexy stomach as well feel better. For better tips & information about healthy meal plan please check out Cardiovascular Activities (http://www.how-to-get-a-flat-stomach.com/cardiovascular-activities)

JMaj7
08-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Is there such a thing as a binge recovery workout? I got high and ate a piece of chocolate cake and a nutella sandwich right before going to bed last night and I want to reverse the effects. I've been eating nothing but greens and tabouli/hummus today and intend on doing an intense chest and back workout tonight. Any suggestions?

A790
08-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by JMaj7
Is there such a thing as a binge recovery workout? I got high and ate a piece of chocolate cake and a nutella sandwich right before going to bed last night and I want to reverse the effects. I've been eating nothing but greens and tabouli/hummus today and intend on doing an intense chest and back workout tonight. Any suggestions?
Nothing you can do. HIIT maybe?

JMaj7
08-11-2009, 02:37 AM
I ended up doing a supersetted chest and back workout with very little rest in between sets.

I don't intend on indulging anymore.