PDA

View Full Version : New Car Alarm/ Remote Start **Chinese Instructions**

Calgaryrocky
07-24-2009, 10:36 AM
**NEED HELP**

Hey guys I ordered 3 Car Alarm/ Remote Start combos off ebay and i got them a few days ago. Stupid me, I didn't read the full description and it turns out the instructions are in chinese.

So...I cant return them and I cant install them myself becuase I don't know what the instructions say...does anyone know of anywhere I can take them to get installed for cheap or someone who can translate for me???

The vehicles are: 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

I have one extra starter/alarm combo so whoever installs or helps can make a deal for that one .. they are pretty sweet 2 way.

PM or email [email protected]

Thanks everyone.

silvercivicsir
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
hope you bought a bypass for the Alero.. what is the make of the starter?

Calgaryrocky
07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Dealership guy and forum sites for the Alero say it doesn't need one??? And the alarm is made by Link Electronics ... Google LE-A6500 and thats the model...

Can anyone help???

silvercivicsir
07-26-2009, 08:30 PM
i wouldn't touch that unit with a 10 ft pole. My suggestion would be to stick with well know brands. Compustar, Artic Start, Viper, Nordic.

Installing the unit probably wouldn't be that hard, but programing it would be a nightmare unless you get the install manual.

dj_rice
07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I bet you bought these full well knowing they were in Chinese since it was cheap but you were praying English instructions would be included....cause I just Googled it and right on the box is full of Chinese :rofl: :rofl:

http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buyer/offerdetail/view_large_pics.htm?offerId=411743010

chkolny541
07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I bet you bought these full well knowing they were in Chinese since it was cheap but you were praying English instructions would be included....cause I just Googled it and right on the box is full of Chinese :rofl: :rofl:

thought this too:clap:

Calgaryrocky
07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
True the box was in chinese but I didn't read the full ebay listing to find out that the instructions were in chinese. I admit I screwed up...Just wondering if anyone can help.

I've bought other remote start/keyless entry combos .. not a 2way before that were the same, chinese lettering on the box but instructions in english.

Is there anyone that can even just read the wiring diagram and let me know what wire is what??? Just a thought...

realazy
07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Scan a pic of the wiring diagram, there are enough Chinese people on Beyond to translate that for you.

Calgaryrocky
08-06-2009, 09:19 AM
The instructions seem to be just a huge foldout page so im not sure how or what part to scan...

Does anyone know of any install guys that would be able to read chinese??

GQBalla
08-06-2009, 10:00 AM
you can try to take them to alarm tec,

but i bet the install would cost 200 a vehicle

silvercivicsir
08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
i would be careful with those POS starters from China, the "tach" that they use to sense the car is started and running is usually the "oil light".. your starter isn't going to last too long...

Calgaryrocky
08-06-2009, 04:02 PM
thanks guys, I called alarmtec i'm going to go check it out when i get a chance. Hopefully he can install it for me for cheap. I'd be ok spending like $100.00 or so.

I'm not too worried about the starter working or not working, more concerned with the remote power locks, both vehicles got power locks but they been broken into before so i'd rather have some comfort that the doors are locked and a siren will go off if they're open.

Thanks again guys, if anyone else has suggestions throw em my way.

dj_rice
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Ask for Sydney when ur getting it installed at Alarmtec and pay in cash, he give u good deal

Calgaryrocky
08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Ok so I went to the guys at Alarmtec and they told me they could install it however, the crap that i bought online is only a 2way Alarm, not a starter.

I contacted the ebay member i bought them from but i'm not expecting a response back.

That being said if anyone wants to buy a 2way Car alarm for basic install (Alarmtec guys said 98 or older ???) Let me know.

I paid 90 each and i have three so $60 is what i'll sell em for.

Thanks for all of your help guys!!!