PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to an Okotoks Dawgs game?

Mixalot27
07-24-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm thinking of checking out a baseball game tonight. I haven't went to a game since I was a kid and we still had the Cannons. Both the Vipers and the Dawgs are playing tonight. I'm wondering which is better to check out. Has anyone been to a Viper's or Dawg's game lately?

I'm curious as to which park has better beer and concession prices and selection, since that's a big part of the baseball experience for me. lol.

5hift
07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Havent been for a bit, but from what I remember...

The Vipers are a pro team and the Dawgs are a summer league for college players. The Vipers suck however and the Dawgs are reigning champs usually dominating games.

I dont know about beer/concession pricing (I remember it being cheap) but I think Okotoks surprisingly has a more loyal fan base.

chathamf
07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Been to a couple Vipers games this year. Beers are like six bucks. They are one of the top teams in the league. They don't get great crowds really.

I'd say the Dawgs would be better because a lot of these guys actually have a chance of making to the the big leagues someday whereas the Vipers guys are just washed up/will never make it anywhere. I also heard the Dawgs field is really nice and the fans are pretty into it.

Mixalot27
07-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Well I'm going to check out the Dawgs game tonight at 7:05. I live in Midnapore so its basically an easier drive than going to Foothills. Plus it will be cool to see what their new 8 million dollar stadium looks like. Hopefully the concessions might be slightly cheaper too. Anyways I'll post how it was tomorrow.

DJ_NAV
07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
please post your exprience... i have been wondering about this too.

Mixalot27
07-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I went to the game last night, it was a good time. The Dawgs beat Edmonton easily 10 - 0. Before the game started there was a wedding which took place on the field. Admission is $10 if you want assigned seats. Or $5 if you want to sit on the Berm (which is a big grassy hill near 3rd base). The stadium was around 2/3'rds full or so. Cans of Pilsner, Canadian, and Coors light were $4.25. Bottles of Corona were $5. They also had coolers and highballs for $4.75, I believe. A regular hotdog was $3.75, a Spolumbo was $4.75 and a hamburger was $4.50. They also had Nachos and Fries for around $3.00. So prices were pretty reasonable. It was a good way to spend an evening, and I would go again. One thing to mention, is be careful where you park cause lots of foul balls ended up in the parking lot.