PDA

View Full Version : The Edmonton Prelude Club - A Year In Review

D-Man
11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
http://www.ftmca.com/Photos/EPC%20Logo%20Web.gif

A Year In Review - 2003

The Edmonton Prelude Club (EPC) started with it’s inaugural meet at Tony Roma’s (WEM) on November 18, 2002 with only 6 Honda Prelude enthusiasts in attendance. Over the past year, the EPC has received an overwhelming response from the Honda Prelude community in the Edmonton, Calgary and other outlining areas. Our membership has grown enormously to 25 official members, 20 guest members and over 60 on-line webboard forum users. Our web board forum (www.edmontonpreludeclub.com) has now become a very active and daily page visit for most members. It has received literally thousands of hits and has been viewed from people around the world.

Club promotion is still and will be ongoing. We have an ad in the Sport Compact National magazine, which is located in their car club enthusiast directory. Our business cards have worked relatively well, being handed out at events, displayed on our affiliated vendor’s counters, and slipped on other Preludes. Decals (by Silent Rage) have been made available to all official members so they can show their support. We have also been fortunate to have other Prelude communities provide a link from their website to our webboard forums.

The relationship with our affiliated vendors has become strong. Our affiliates have provided our card carrying members with excellent service, special club pricing, and most importantly have been involved with our growth over the past year. Our current affiliated vendors are Sport Compact National Magazine, Midas, Yellowhead Honda, Alberta Honda, Silent Rage, Certified Radio, Fibertech Motorsports, PE Tuning Group, Speedtech Racing Development, Pro Drag Performance, and Matrix Motorsports. I am very excited about our future partnerships and it’s our intent, as a club, to provide them with continued support.

We made a great effort in attending and making a presence at most of the big events this year, and are as follows:

- V8less SCC (Sep 21/03)
- JB's - Battle of the Imports (Aug 24/03)
- Import Showoff – Calgary (Aug 9/03)
- Sport Compact Nights
– Calgary (Jul 26/03)
- JB's - Battle of the Imports (Jul 20/03)
- V8less Nights (Jul 5/03)
- Decibels Showoff (Jun 29/03)
- 780 Production's Show & Shine (Jun 28/03)
- Urban Dream – Calgary (Jun 14/03)
- Import Showoff – Vancouver (Jun 7/03)
- V8less SCC (May 18/03)
- Powerama Motoring Expo (Apr 25/03 to Apr 27/03)
- EMDA (Feb 27/03 to Mar 2/03)
- Autorama – Calgary (Feb 21/03 to Feb 23/03)

Many of our official members represented the club proudly at these and other events throughout the year. Honorable mentions go to:
- Eric Paquette who took home a great wealth of trophies from most of the show events
- Wes Chan, Nick Chow, Kevin Leung and Wilson Ng for attending many events
- James Chan and Dan Kabaroff for attending the autocross events
- Toby Gushue and Brady Mercer for drag racing

Social meets and events were well attended this year. We had an install day at PE Tuning Group, a car show for the 2fast 2 furious movie premier, go-karting at fast tracks, some great cruises around and out of the city, and a variety of BBQ’s, to name only a few of our activities. Club spirit has continued to inspire interest, which I hope continues throughout the winter months.

Heading into 2004, we are looking forward to a great year full of activities and new ideas. We are in the process of getting postcard size flyers & posters designed and printed, which will be sent to all of our affiliated vendors. Limited edition EPC pullover hoodies will be available by mid November and t-shirts by late spring. We are also in the process of designing our very own website with a launch date of early 2004. We will once again attend most of the big shows that roll into Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. We will continue to support the smaller local events put on by other car clubs and performance tuning shops. We will organize more local cruises, regular weekly meets, BBQ’s, and other social get together's. We will even try to set-up performance tuning shop tours, information sessions, workshops, install days and group dyno runs.

I am very excited about our future and thankful for those who have helped to bring the EPC to where it is today.

rage2
11-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Excellent job guys. Keep up the good work!

kevie88
11-04-2003, 10:28 AM
You guys have worked pretty hard to make this club work, and you should be proud! :thumbsup:

If I still had a lude, I'd be a member for sure.

GTS Jeff
11-04-2003, 11:36 AM
i am quite amazed at how well run and professional the EPC is.

buh_buh
11-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
If I still had a lude :guns: :guns: :guns:

kevie88
11-04-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
:guns: :guns: :guns:

haha!! trust me, if I could have it back right now I would!! :nut:

I wish I had never heard the name "autodream".. It's like a dream I can't wake up from..:barf:

littledan
11-04-2003, 02:38 PM
yeah props to d'arcy for organizing everything and putting in so much time and effortt :clap:

D-Man
11-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all your positive feedback and comments.

Starting the club was the easy part, maintaining the club is the hard part cause you are constantly striving to do better.

I can't take all the credit because its not just my club, its anyone and everyone that is a honda prelude enthusiast.

The club will only see success from the contributions of its members.