PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Digital Phone setup

eblend
07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
My parents want to setup shaw home phone plus interenet and tv in the house. Currently they have full analogue cable and telus for DSL internet and phone. We want to bundle everything with Shaw. They live in a 4 level split and the tv feed comes in the basement, however all the computers are on the top floor. How does the shaw digital phone work? Is it separate all together from the internet and has it's own box or does the shaw phone modem have to connect to the internet modem?

Normally when they had shaw before we would setup the internet modem at the top floor and hook it up to a router also upstairs.

Will shaw setup the phone service in the basement and hook it up to the cable plugin downstairs and then tie it in with the entire home phone system downstairs as well?

Any info would be great, I got voip myself at home and it connects directly to my modem, but from what I understand shaw is different

5000Audi
07-26-2009, 11:17 AM
i just got shaw hook up..

**EDIT**

re worded

Ok, so you get a phone modem box. The coax cable hooks into it. Then they wire the phone cable from this modem into the main phone line jack..( the thing in your bacement ) then all the phone jacks work normal through shaw.. pretty simple set up

eblend
07-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
i just got shaw hook up..

**EDIT**

re worded

Ok, so you get a phone modem box. The coax cable hooks into it. Then they wire the phone cable from this modem into the main phone line jack..( the thing in your bacement ) then all the phone jacks work normal through shaw.. pretty simple set up

so this box can sit far away from the actual modem used for the internet right?

5000Audi
07-26-2009, 11:50 AM
yeah they put it in the basement rear the breaker box.. so you never even see it really. they will just split a cable cable(lol) and run it into this modem.. then run it into the main phone hub thingy..

Grogador
07-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Will shaw setup the phone service in the basement and hook it up to the cable plugin downstairs and then tie it in with the entire home phone system downstairs as well?

Ya.