PDA

View Full Version : lowballers swarming = priced too low?

AndyL
07-26-2009, 07:05 PM
G'day all,

Reposted my truck on kijiji again; and for some reason, the lowballers are swarming - 15 emails so far today with offers in the 1/2 - 2/3rds of asking ... Sight unseen (Had one guy show up to actually look - not sure how he thinks a 1000$ truck that runs - with a good running diesel - looks but apparently mine was too fugly :banghead: )

So tonight I'm looking around kijiji, and starting to think perhaps I'm priced too low??? Closest 2 trucks both have blown engines and are priced 600-800$ and are half tons...

Any thoughts as to what's going on? Never had a situation where I'm getting tons of offers sight unseen like this... Seems very odd...

Thanks in advance,

Andy

ercchry
07-26-2009, 07:11 PM
kijiji low ballers are fucked, best to ignore them

i had a guy that seemed really serious and wanted extra pics and all this shit since he was from out of town, then finally he offered me less then half my asking price after about a week of wasting my time

foreverchina
07-26-2009, 07:13 PM
email kijiji :dunno:

B4tMan
07-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
he offered me less then half my asking price after about a week of wasting my time
Christ, what an asshole

Recommend autotrader for checking prices / post as well first few posts are free.

AndyL
07-26-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm used to the typical lowballers & traders on kijiji - it's just strange how many of them there are this time around. All differing local email addresses (mostly shaw/telus emails, only a couple yahoo/hotmails). Which is why I'm asking - just seems odd that rather than 1-2 a week, there's been over a dozen today alone...

2EFNFAST
07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Will you take $179 for your truck?

2EFNFAST
07-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Hello? I have cash-in-hand. Well, actually, I have $180 onhand, but I'll need you to give me a loonie back. LMK? :dunno:

B4tMan
07-27-2009, 01:27 AM
once sold for 179, update your trader rating

ok guys :)

Redlyne_mr2
07-27-2009, 07:22 AM
When you're selling a $1000 you'll attract the kind of people who buy $1000 trucks, it's no fun at all.

JfuckinC
07-27-2009, 07:30 AM
everyone on kijiji just has the most random trades, so annoying. :dunno:

Tik-Tok
07-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Hello? I have cash-in-hand. Well, actually, I have $180 onhand, but I'll need you to give me a loonie back. LMK? :dunno:

Hi 2EFN,

$180 sounds satisfactory. I worked in Canada as a doctor in an experience exchange program, but now i have returned to United Kingdom. Here, the cars have the steering wheel on the right side, so it's very difficult to drive this truck in UK. This is the reason for selling it.

If you are really interested we can close the deal through www.escrow-europa.com (http://www.escrow-europa.com/escrow/english/index.htm) as a third party agency and you'll have a 14 days time period to inspect the truck and the documents before deciding to keep it or not.

Seriously though OP, as said, when you have a $1000 truck, the type of people looking WILL lowball the hell out of you. Old trucks aren't worth much these days either.

Think of it this way, $500 is better than a $50 tax break from the Kidney Foundation. I would just haggle back and forth until you get closer to your needs. (around $700-$800). If people aren't willing to go up $200, they aren't worth the hassle.

scat19
07-27-2009, 08:15 AM
^ :rofl:

Keep at it, you will sell it. I agree with redlyne....

2002civic
07-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Just sell it for the highest offer and then you no longer have to deal with the idiots in hopes of gaining a couple hundred dollars waiting for the rightr buyer...

bundi
07-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Raise the price, that's just how Kijiji is, you can be selling a car for $30,000 and people are gonna want $5000 off before seeing it. Obviously if you are selling something that looks like you are trying to just get rid of it and your price is lower than everyone.. people think you are very motivated to sell ie... have a crack addiction to feed etc.

Arthur Dent
07-27-2009, 02:53 PM
The lower the price the worse the losers are. I've had a couple who asked me to donate a vehicle to them. They couldn't even be bothered to write a sob story.

What the hell is with people offered amounts sight unseen - I doubt any would follow though. Probably show up and low ball from there.

heavyD
07-27-2009, 03:10 PM
When you advertise on kijiji you are pretty well advertising to the lowest common denominator of buyer. My wife put up some old baby clothes and stuff and people would send her stories of how they couldn't afford clothes and would wonder if we could give them for free. As well people would ask for the goods delivered because they didn't own a car. It's worse than selling on beyond for crying out loud.:rofl:

5000Audi
07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
When you advertise on kijiji you are pretty well advertising to the lowest common denominator of buyer. My wife put up some old baby clothes and stuff and people would send her stories of how they couldn't afford clothes and would wonder if we could give them for free. As well people would ask for the goods delivered because they didn't own a car. It's worse than selling on beyond for crying out loud.:rofl:

single moms with 8 kids right lol its funny reading some of the want adds on kijiji

Xtrema
07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Will you take $179 for your truck?

I don't have financing approved, how about $80 up front and $20 monthly installments for 6 months? Come on, that' s $20 more than this offer.

jhmed
07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Shoulda told them to sell the computer to buy clothes.

2EFNFAST
07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I don't have financing approved, how about $80 up front and $20 monthly installments for 6 months? Come on, that' s $20 more than this offer.

But I have 9 children :(

And no job :( :( :(

That is my life savings :( :( :( :(

Please to be selling your vehicle to me so I can survive?

heavyD
07-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by jhmed

Shoulda told them to sell the computer to buy clothes.

My wife actually got sucked in to giving some stuff for free. I told her if they can afford a computer and internet they can afford clothes for their kids but most women are just too stupid to understand that there are professional pan handlers out there.:thumbsdow

blinkme_210
07-27-2009, 10:17 PM
The best is when idiots email you to try and trade. I've gotten so fed up with asses wasting my time that I just fire off 1 word yes or no replies when it hits my BlackBerry. For the ones with the REALLY stupid questions or offers, I just ignore completely.

Ashers
07-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I remember when I gave away a free lounger chair on Kijiji. Some woman phones and says that she wants it, and because she only has a car, I need to deliver it. So, I told yeah, sure, for 50 bucks (she lived down near blackfoot, I'm up in Symons Valley). She told me that was daylight robbery or some BS, and that I must F.O. :dunno:

adidas
07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
^^ Some ppl...keep the stories going guys, its a pretty good read!

kobe tai
08-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Here's what you do: anytime someone lowballs you super bad paly along with it. i usually tell them that i'll accept the offer as long as they meet me today. i pick a location somewhere far away from the buyers home and tell them to meet me in a parking lot etc.... then you just don't show. now you wasted their time and gas. i did this at least 30 times in the last year hahah...

barmanjay
08-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll give you $200 when i arrive in calgary on September 1st for University.

However I have a bank draft for $1000. I will give this to you and you can just return $800 to me.

When I had my jeep on there, I slowly dropped the price till the lowballers started with the sight unseen crap and held my price for a couple weeks.

Ended up getting what I wanted.