PDA

View Full Version : Orphan Movie

LadyLuck
07-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Any see that yet?

Supposed to be a good horror flick but with only 44% on rotten tomatoes, maybe wait for DVD?

Link (http://orphan-movie.warnerbros.com/)

Kloubek
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
I just saw this last night - and actually enjoyed it.

Don't expect anything spectacular from this movie, of course. After all - it is your standard horror flick with typical suspense build-up, etc. It won't win any Oscars, and won't stun you with anything overly cerebral. But all in all, I found it entertaining.

mago0
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
I saw the Orphan the night it came out. I found it really entertaining due to it's simple storyline regarding acquiring Esther, and how the miscarriage affects the family. The problem I had with the film is the way the suspense build-up is done. For example, the music builds up to NOTHING for various scenes, and it seems that certain sounds such as opening the medicine cabinet, is amplified to give the audience a cheap scare. I thought the acting was decent until one of the melt down scenes where the audience in the movie theatre just started laughing.
I would go see it in theatres with a few buddies. It is a great film but don't expect to much.

urban_chic
08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
really? that was it for you guys? cause that movie scared the hell outta me! perhaps the most disturbing movie ive ever seen in my life haha...or mybe im just a weak sauce haha...who else found this scary?

shakalaka
08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I found Drag Me to Hell a lot more 'scarier' than Orphan. Frankly I was disappointed but maybe I went in with too much of expectations.