PDA

View Full Version : The "Herbivore" man.

ZenOps
07-27-2009, 11:00 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/Japan+herbivore+shun+corporate+life/1833201/story.html

Reminds me a lot of the males in the first part of the X-Generation. I'll admit I'm personally much more HERBivore than what my peers tend to be.

Maybe its because of the 23 sex partners that an average male Canadian has, but I find myself more wanting to finish off a good videogame than trying to impress the ladies. And I'm on the cusp of being considered "old".

In the deepest stages of a worldwide recession - have you given up on some things? Japan seems to be at the tipping point, where the majority of young males have given up on the corporate brass ring without even starting.

I've always felt this way too (sad to say). I mean really, as a non-white Canadian I know there are just some things - no matter how many billions of dollars I can potentially make - that I will just not ever be able to do (like have the guts to pie Rob Anders, walk on the moon, or own a farm, or buy the Tsuu Tina quarter of Calgary.) So why exactly am I bothering?

"You have to give it all away and start over again." - name the Brit.

JfuckinC
07-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
like have the guts to pie Rob Anders

pussy :poosie:

Xtrema
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Wasn't that an Asian that pied Ralph Klein?

Most herbivorous boys lack self-confidence, like to spend time alone, and use the Internet a lot, the survey showed.

I'm surprised WoW isn't mentioned at all. :rofl:

sputnik
07-27-2009, 11:18 AM
So "herbivore" is now the term used to describe lonely, internet addicted, socially inept, non-driven, mamas boys, closet homosexual males?

Tomaz
07-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
So "herbivore" is now the term used to describe lonely, internet addicted, socially inept, non-driven, mamas boys, closet homosexual males?

HA!

Tarrantula
07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

HA!

how much time you spend on the internet?

Masked Bandit
07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh well, the world needs ditch-diggers too.

Bunch of pansies!

Edit: Somewhere in the background, I can hear Russell Peters with an Asian accent saying "Be a Man!"

ZenOps
07-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Wasn't that an Asian that pied Ralph Klein?

I'm surprised WoW isn't mentioned at all. :rofl:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2004/09/20/kleinpie_040920.html

It was a white guy. I don't personally play Wow, but I know guys who do, and who could care less if their girlfriends complain about the bedroom mambo.

On my list of priorities, pie-ing Rob Anders is several steps above the achievement of walking on the moon.

Seriously thought about a "Pie Rob Anders" Scholorship sponsoring - Then I found out I'd never get away with it :devil:

Wiki to the rescue on other notable pies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pieing#Political_acts

ZenOps
07-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Oh well, the world needs ditch-diggers too.

Bunch of pansies!

Edit: Somewhere in the background, I can hear Russell Peters with an Asian accent saying "Be a Man!"

Herbivores would never be caught dead ditch digging, its too much work - read the article. Greeter at a hotel, maybe - but not the luggage guy either.

Supa Dexta
07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
I still don't get why you think you can't own a farm? Is it because you know you won't be allowed to walk downtown with a bag full of chickens and kill them on the spot for customers? You can buy a nice sized farm for less then a house in calgary. You're just to much of a pussy to get your hands dirty.

ZenOps
07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I still don't get why you think you can't own a farm? Is it because you know you won't be allowed to walk downtown with a bag full of chickens and kill them on the spot for customers? You can buy a nice sized farm for less then a house in calgary. You're just to much of a pussy to get your hands dirty.

Noone can buy land from the government or the monarchy as its mostly crown land (which accounts for 89% of unused land in Canada)

I don't want an existing farming quarter section that was only given to white families for next to free for immigrating to Canada. It would defeat the whole idea of equality (which is more important to me than the plot of land itself) Its the principle, not the landmass itself.

In terms of raw dollars 85,000 Chinese men paid the head tax back before 1923 which would have easily bought up to 10 quarter sections of land each. So its not like we haven't already paid once. Once Chinese women were allowed into Canada after 1947, families started sprouting.

Screw landing on the moon, I'd just like to see a single Chinese Canadian squeeze a quarter mile out of Queen Elizabeth in 2009. That would be a monumental day.

Its one of the main reasons why the Quebecois wants to seperate - severing ties with the Queen and commonwealth owned land (which noone can use) As I mentioned before, a Chinese conglomerate cannot offer the Tsuu Tina $6 billion for their land - because of British law and land rights. Technically A Chinese man in Hong Kong before 1997 couldn't either, it was still on (opium war) lease owned by the British.

Canada is still very racist, and totalitarian and even somewhat communist in its monarichal control of land rights. In the Year 2009, 'noone' can buy farmland in Canada in any appreciable quantity - white, yellow, red, black, or any color. Given the chance, I'd think there would be a good 200,000 individual Chinese investors who would jump at the chance of buying up a quarter section of Canada (and potentially destroying the current wheat market by dropping the price a good 3x) Would the British Monarchy allow 50,000 square miles to be bought up by Chinese investors at any price back before 1923? Of course not. 2009? Of course not.

Would a British man buy a quarter section of land in Canada - No. Because much like California, England has stuffed far too much coke up their noses, and near bankrupted the Royal Bank of Scotland.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/69678

So the land sits, and rots, and forest fire burns, while nobody makes money. Communism, capitalism, imperialism - all of it means nothing when noone is producing anything we are all poor.

In many ways - I feel I've jumped through all the hoops that the British Monarchy and Canadian government has setup (including learning the language and being as upstanding as one could ever expect) If Canada can't get to the point of equality in land rights - I'm going to have to call shens, and for those who know what that means - its not a nice scenario.

Supa Dexta
07-27-2009, 06:17 PM
"The Province is the steward of the land and can lease, license and sell Crown land for a variety of purposes including residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, tourism and recreational purposes."

Have you even tried? I think you're confusing some sort of conglomerate of chinese buying up a large % of land, with you, one guy buying land to farm on. I have no doubt you could buy more land then YOU, one person, could handle to farm by yourself. And you're not going to get it at 1920's pricing, thats absurd. So to say YOU can't farm, is as crazy as everything else you write here.

ZenOps
07-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
"The Province is the steward of the land and can lease, license and sell Crown land for a variety of purposes including residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural, tourism and recreational purposes."

Have you even tried? I think you're confusing some sort of conglomerate of chinese buying up a large % of land, with you, one guy buying land to farm on. I have no doubt you could buy more land then YOU, one person, could handle to farm by yourself. And you're not going to get it at 1920's pricing, thats absurd. So to say YOU can't farm, is as crazy as everything else you write here.

There are approximately 200 quarter sections (50 square miles) of crown land in the entire of Canada that are up for sale at any given time. Which is an absolute insult to any of the 85,000 Chinese back in 1923.

Masked Bandit
07-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Wait a minute, I thought we were having a laugh at a group of lazy ass momma's boys? How the phuck did this turn into a discussion about Asians buying farmland?

trikypenguin
07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Wait a minute, I thought we were having a laugh at a group of lazy ass momma's boys? How the phuck did this turn into a discussion about Asians buying farmland?

hahahahahaha i agree :hijack:

Xtrema
07-27-2009, 10:06 PM

Thank Supa for that :rofl:

Hakkola
07-27-2009, 10:38 PM

In terms of raw dollars 85,000 Chinese men paid the head tax back before 1923 which would have easily bought up to 10 quarter sections of land each. So its not like we haven't already paid once.

We? You paid a head tax in the early 1900's?

Technically A Chinese man in Hong Kong before 1997 couldn't either, it was still on (opium war) lease owned by the British.

Boo fucking hoo.

Do you know what was on Hong Kong island before the Opium War?

I don't particularly like the Brits or their past, but Hong Kong wouldn't be shit all if it wasn't for them and the Opium War lease.

Here's a funny thing about racism in this country. Your comments are so fucked up I thought you were some beer belly having inbred white fucktard until this thread.

mazdavirgin
07-28-2009, 12:27 AM
There are approximately 200 quarter sections (50 square miles) of crown land in the entire of Canada that are up for sale at any given time. Which is an absolute insult to any of the 85,000 Chinese back in 1923.

:facepalm: You don't have a clue about farming. There is piles of land available from the crown to lease. You can also lease to own the land.

Second in farming the most expensive part is not the land but the machinery. The typical agricultural farm nowadays is looking at ~1-2 million in farm equipment. A quarter section is worth roughly 90,000$ in the growing belt of Manitoba/Saskatchewan.

I don't want an existing farming quarter section that was only given to white families for next to free for immigrating to Canada.

So you would like to take back land that was given to my french Canadian ancestors over 400 years ago? Oh and that land was not given to them by the British Crown...

Speaking of racism I am glad to see you think those Chinese investors are somehow superior to any other farmers and would be able to magically out produce our current farmers. No that doesn't smack of racism at all...

Noone can buy land from the government or the monarchy as its mostly crown land (which accounts for 89% of unused land in Canada)

Perhaps you really are as thick as you seem but you do realize how much of that 89% is unfarmable? Take a good look at your map next time and look at how much of our beautiful country is covered in mountain ranges, tundra, and boreal forests. Contrary to popular belief no you can't just chop down the forest and plant wheat.

Where do you get these crazy ideas? Seriously are you listening to some insane mainland China propaganda(I seriously want to read or hear whatever it is that is given you these crazy ideas)? I can't believe the constant insanity you keep posting. I have to wonder if you are not afflicted with some form of mental illness. Last but not least, you like Toma seem to hate our fair country. I would advise you that if you so despise our country that you exercise your freedom(Which you wouldn't have in certain country's like China) and immigrate to a country more to your liking.

PS: I am really interested in who is forming these crazed ideas in your mind because I would like to trace down who is infecting you with this hatred and mind rot.

Supa Dexta
07-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Because every post he makes has to have some sort of reference about how asians.. and normally him specifically, aren't allowed to own a farm in canada. :nut: I will offer this though, once he gets his farm started I'll give him his first cow.

*He'll have to arrange shipping though, and it will be my choice in what I send him.*

Masked Bandit
07-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Maybe I'm completely out of the loop but since when are there any restrictions on who can buy a farm?

Supa Dexta
07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
NO ASIANS!

I'm sure there's signs or something.

Eleanor
07-28-2009, 04:51 PM
I think Asians are banned from owning land to avoid this:

http://poplicks.com/images/asian-cowboy.jpg

In which case I'm all for it :D