PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run?

redline_13000
11-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Some of you probably already know, i hit a vehicle last thursday with the jimmy in my school parking lot. I was on the edge of the lot where the snow had been really deep and was stuck. I put it in reverse and the jimmy jumped back towards a van, by the time i noticed it i turned to avoid hitting it with my back end. I ended up hitting the whole driver side into the back of the van. I didnt notice any damage to it, it was pretty dirty but there was no visible dents or scratches etc. So i parked and went to my next class. Later on constable comes to me and wants to give me a ticket for hit and run. Is there anything i can do about this? I only noticed the damage on the jimmy so i thought ide just fix it myself and not go through insurance etc. Turns out the van had a broken tail light (one layer of red came off).

I should add, the constable gave me the option of taking a driving course instead of taking the ticket and trying to fight it. He mentioned some 1 day course that costs between 50-100 bux. Anyone know of some?

3G
11-04-2003, 12:53 PM
shit man you seem to have the worst of luck :(

why don't you try going to AMA or some other driving school? They most likely have them there

sxtasy
11-04-2003, 01:00 PM
yeah maybe try AMA, the coarse might lower your insurance as well.

skandalz
11-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Yeah man call the Chinook Driving college, I think they're next class is on Nov.9th for 4hrs?

4G63Power
11-04-2003, 01:49 PM
I think you should just stop driving all together

littledan
11-04-2003, 02:47 PM
you should have left a note on the van with your contact info...

Khyron
11-04-2003, 03:01 PM
No offence dude but if you hit the car you have to at least leave a note. Especially if the car is dirty - you don't know what you trashed.

You do get sympathy tho because "Hit and Run" means what you did but it also applies to someone who mows down kids in a crosswalk and drives off. Hard charge to have. Lucky the cop gave you a way out of it.

Khyron

Stratus_Power
11-04-2003, 04:30 PM
take the class.. you obviously need it!

redline_13000
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by skandalz
Yeah man call the Chinook Driving college, I think they're next class is on Nov.9th for 4hrs?

Ya i signed up there for nov 9th, 60 bux and i get 3 demerits towards my abstract. Better than a big ticket and demerits off

Originally posted by littledan
you should have left a note on the van with your contact info...

Ya i realized that a little too late.

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
take the class.. you obviously need it!

LOL

:rolleyes: