PDA

View Full Version : Rogers - account freeze

xttxt
07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm moving out of the country for about 8 months and want to freeze my Rogers account. I called and they said the only way was to downgrade my plan to the lowest possible ($8 emergency plan + $6.95 SAF + 911 fee) which is still about $16 a month +tax. My friend told me Telus offers a flat $15 fee to freeze your account for a specified period of time. PLUS I want to have the same plan when I come back.

Does anybody know a way around this without having to change my plan and still pay $16 a month while I'm gone? thankss.

btw - theres still 15 months left on my contract and buyout would be over $200

Boat
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Hmm, if you exhaust other options you can pay the emerg plan and when you get back in 8months, call up retentions and get them to set you up with a better cheaper plan on a new contract.

GQBalla
07-28-2009, 02:33 PM
thats the way rogers does it.

they don't freeze any accounts.

but yeah try to get a cheaper plan is the best option

spikerS
07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
actually, telus has a plan called vacation disconnect. you can be on it for a maximum of 6 months. costs $1.50 per month + SAF + E911 fee. work out to be about $10 per month.

Bad part is, that if the plan you were on is not available when you come back, you have to chose another plan, you can't have the old one back.

*edit* I should also add, that if you are under contract and do this, for every month you are on this plan, it adds another month to your contract.