PDA

View Full Version : how would you guys handle this

gotchu
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
i bought this 2002 ford focus in jan 09..then sold it a month later or so because i found another car that i wanted..when i sold the car to this lady..after 2 weeks..she called me saying that she brought the car to the dealer ship and they were saying that it has lots of problems..like lots that itll cost 3gs or something..when i had the car..the car had no problems what so ever..even before she bought the car from me i insist she get it inspected and there was small mechanic shop by my house and everything went good..then today after months she calls me or someone called me saying that the odometer was rolled and cant have 78km and have major issues..i did not know anything about the problems when i had the car..seemed in really good condition and when i sold the car i wrote on the paper as is..so they wana make a claim or some sort and i told them that this isnt my issue anymore and that i did not know anything about the problems my self or whatever..soo if anyone would like to make any suggestions feel free..o and i do not have the bill of sale anymore..but id like to find the guys i bought the car from if anyone wants to help please msg me..id like to help the lady i sold the car to because if i kept the car..i would have her problems instead..and the person i bought the car from i think owns a car buiesness so ye...thx

LadyLuck
07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
have a read...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/272956/sold-car-now-buyer-wants-money-back/

gotchu
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
id like to crack down the guy i bought the car from..cuz i remember on the bill of sale...he put his buisness name..possibly they rolled the odo before selling? hmm

bmeier
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
do you still have a copy of the bill of sale when you originally bought the car??

Just show that to her, it should prove the mileage was not rolled by you and you where not aware

gotchu
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
i dont have the copys anymore...i remember i even car fax the car and it went okay hmmm o i remember the guy also said he bought the car from an auction in bc i believe ..and they own a used car lot in mackenzie town if i remember correctly

mr2mike
07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I'd say too bad. She had her chance to inspect it. Those cars and brutal. My gf's car when she owned one seemed fine to her. I drove it and you could feel it pull timing at a moderate drive. If you bagged it, it didn't pull timing. This is a problem with the fuel pump and Ford knows this.

Depending what she claims the car needs, I would say it's not your issue. Low compression, syncro's are thrashed, etc don't show up overnight and she could have tested for that or got it tested if she thought it needed it. If it's brakes and new tires, that's just being cheap and you bargain with that in mind at the time of sale.
How do they know it was rolled. Claiming the car couldn't have this much damage at this low of kms is not a reasonable statement. You could run the car low on oil or drive it without a single oil change until the day before you sell it and it's going to reduce that engine's life.
Easy signs are if the driver's seat is well worn, etc. but I beg to differ on engine damage.

gotchu
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
i really thought this car had 75 k because the car is pretty dam clean..she told me some mechanic said it might have been rolled or dealer or something..i guess this isnt my problem anymore..if they file a small claim against t me..what could i do to defend my self?

5000Audi
07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
the ford focus is terrible for sudden problems.. my aunt and uncle had one.. they bought it used with about 40K on it.. after a few months problems kept comming up, get it fixed more problems.. they spent more on the car fixing it then they paid for it.. they sold it as soon as they had the chance.. it was the biggest pos ever.. i think it was either a 02 or 01..

03ozwhip
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
cant the registry or carprrof or whatever say something about the km's? if it was rolled back and had something on it from before, someone would know i would think. this is a shitty situation because its an old ladies word against yours....who do you think theyll believe???

realazy
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
They can't file a claim against you. You have no responsibility as a private seller to know such things. You could have been just as unaware as she was.

She has no recourse as she did not properly inspect the vehicle before she bought it. If anything that small mechanic shop by your house would be responsible if they stated that nothing was wrong.

B4tMan
07-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by gotchu
there was small mechanic shop by my house and everything went good
They are liable to explain to her / authorities how these problems were not noticed. You are in the clear.

Mar
07-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by gotchu
i remember i even car fax the car and it went okay hmmm
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

gotchu
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
thx for the help guys really appreciate it ..hope everything goes well

Trini
07-28-2009, 04:33 PM
tell her to fcuk off.sounds like she's trying to pull one on you..

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/2818.htm

Be a Wise Consumer Unless otherwise stated, used vehicles are sold "as is". This means any flaws or defects with the vehicle after the sale are the responsibility of the buyer.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Its not your problem as it was a private sale. Dont worry about it!

ricosuave
07-28-2009, 05:43 PM
tell the lady to go pound sand. if she wanted it checked out before she bought it, she could have

besides, whos to say that the garage (likely a stealership) is the one telling her she needs all this work?

PS use proper bill of sales, not just the back of the registration, and always keep the copies.