PDA

View Full Version : Inside of window freezing up? wtf?

88CRX
11-04-2003, 05:54 PM
went to come home today.... and the inside of my windshield had ice on it.... and it wasnt just a little, there was alot.... and yes i had to scrape the inside of my windsheild :banghead:

wtf?

btw.... this was like 3.30 in the afternoon

CRXguy
11-04-2003, 06:39 PM
did you check the rubber seals? forgot to roll the window all the way up?

can't say that's happened to me before. :D

whatthe
11-04-2003, 06:48 PM
I'll go for the obvious one... heater on recirculate not fresh air?

My old CRX was pretty bad, but I don't recall scraping the window. It could be specific to the car or a problem with the car.

The scraping windshield thing used to be a curse with every car when I was 16-18. Old 'yota van of death with virtually no heat (often warmer outside the van on -15 degree days). Whoever wasn't driving was scraping a patch for the driver to see.

GTS Jeff
11-04-2003, 06:49 PM
when u get in the car, kick the snow off your feet first :thumbsup:

CRXguy
11-04-2003, 07:13 PM
ok, re-read it and im not sure what you're asking. is this while you were driving or you got into your car after it was parked for school/work?

PhenomSE
11-04-2003, 07:29 PM
My old '87 CRX used to do that ALL the time...me and my buddy had to get out our debit cards and scrape away. Oh the good ol' days!

davidI
11-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Dont' get into your car right after a shower or a swim or anything!!!

Speedstick
11-04-2003, 08:08 PM
I get that a lot - mainly caused from either:

A.) water/ice in your rubber mats.
B.) wet carpet mats or carpet under the mats.

I find if I keep the rubber mats regularly free of ice and snow it's fine, but the slightest amount and I'm scraping the inside of the car. Maybe you need bigger mats (water getting onto the carpet)?

alloroc
11-04-2003, 08:24 PM
When you start driving and it is cold outside with a 'skiff' of snow begin with the car on recirc, until it warms up.

Sometimes when you start driving in snowy conditions with the hvac on fresh the snow comes in the vents, melts then evaporates enough that it freezes on the windshield.

CRX crazy
11-04-2003, 09:19 PM
my crx did that too. I think it's just the snow and water inside, but definitly make sure your fan is on fresh air

88CRX
11-05-2003, 12:17 AM
:banghead: fawk.... it just did it again.... major pain in the ass.

btw the heater is back to sucking ass.... how much will a new heater core cost installed?

lint
11-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
:banghead: fawk.... it just did it again.... major pain in the ass.

btw the heater is back to sucking ass.... how much will a new heater core cost installed?

Stop doing the jiggy jiggy in your car. That tends to fog things up ;) :poosie: :D

Barlow
11-07-2003, 10:33 AM
butit sures is fun if you can find a good position, ne suggestions on good positions for a car? (small Car) :p

lint
11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Barlow
butit sures is fun if you can find a good position, ne suggestions on good positions for a car? (small Car) :p

Slide and recline the front seat back a ways and let her get on top. Just be careful which stick shift she's riding :angel:

88CRX
11-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by lint

Slide and recline the front seat back a ways and let her get on top. Just be careful which stick shift she's riding :angel:

get you own fucking thread! :D