PDA

View Full Version : Technical Service Bulletins

likwid
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey guys,

My new Mercedes is creating an obscene amount of brake dust. I have to clean my wheels off every few days because they turn brown from all the dust that accumulates.

I did some research and it seems to be an issue with all of the C classes, and a "Technical Service Bulletin" was released, but no recall. Many people were able to take the TSB into their dealers, who replaced their brake pads free of charge with a different model of brake pad that doesn't produce much brake dust.

I emailed my salesman about this, and he simply told me that they use "performance brake pads" and that it is normal and I should power wash my wheels regularly. Although he said he will look into the issue, I get the feeling I won't be able to get my pads replaced as many others have.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Redlyne_mr2
07-28-2009, 05:03 PM
It's totally normal with MB, bmw, Lexus. As mentioned it's because of the pad they use, we have been swapping the pads for customers free of charge however these new pads arent nearly as responsive as the original performance ones.

97'Scort
07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
I swapped my high-dust OE pads for some metallics. While it got rid of the dust, I do get some squeal every once in awhile. 6 of one, half dozen of the other, really.

tomt64
07-28-2009, 06:04 PM
If a TSB is out, they must have alternative pads for people who complain about the dust. Like Redlyne said, they will produce less dust but will not perform as good as the original pads.

Call the service department, some sales people dont have a scoobydoo about anything but getting a sale. I highly doubt MB will refuse to do this under warranty.

88jbody
07-28-2009, 06:26 PM
pm me your year/ model I may be able to get a copy of the TSB for you

anothers10
07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Just remember sometime TSBs come out in the USA and not in Canada. Often times they do come out in Canada but a few months down the road. I had customers bring in TSBs they found on the internet (from usa based sites) and they would not be in our system.

cycosis
07-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I had that problem too. Did you buy at Lonestar or downtown? Just go talk to the service manager and say your rear brakes also squeak. THeyll replace them free of charge.