PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari drivers - rest of season and 2010

urban.one
07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
This month long break before the next race is gonna be fun for speculation.

1) Who replaces Massa for the rest of the season? Alonso? Schumi? Bourdais? Now with BMW quitting, Kubica's name is being thrown around.

2) Whos the Ferrari lineup next season? Does Kimi retire to rally race? Is Massa going to be able to return and be in top form?
Alonso and Kubica? Use Alonso as your number 1 driver for a few years and then turn over the number one seat to Kubica. Alonso is 28, Kubica 24. (Happy Birthday Fred! His birthday is July 29)

snipa_mini85
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Bourdais would be unlikely seeing as how his performance has been below par ever since his first race, the difference between Champ Car and F1 was too much of a leap for him.

Schumi - even though everybody wants him back he hasn't really done anything with the 2009 car so the only testing he would be able to do would be similar to Jaime Alguersuari and Toro Rosso. Straight lines, back and forth on an unused airport tarmac. Plus the expectations would be too high for him to win every race til the end of the season with a car he hasn't been in.

I'd figure it would either be Badoer or Gene since they should be comfortable with the 2009 car setup. Although there is a little bit of me hoping to see JV show up in a Ferrari, just to see a Canuck on one of the top teams :thumbsup:

A2VR6
07-29-2009, 11:01 AM
It will be Schumi in Valencia according to autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77418

But not according to itv :rofl:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=46506 (http://)

Mibz
07-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Autosport does a shitty job of updating their RSS feed and Ferrari's website is down.

Also, the ITV article is referring to a quote made on Monday whereas Autosport's info is from today. Keep in mind that a manager/agent is paid to make you the most money possible. He's not denying it, he's just upping the price. In the end he doesn't give a shit if he's proven wrong as long as he gets his pay cheque.

MS makes about as much sense as anybody else. Alonso would only be able to drive for the one race and there'd be too much red tape. The test drivers' experience in the current car has nowhere near the value of MS's experiences over the last decade in my opinion. MS will adapt to the new car a lot faster than their test drivers would adapt to driving in F1.

snipa_mini85
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see MS back in red and doing his thing... I'll just believe the news when it's on Ferrari's website, haha.

Mikko
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
It is official! Schumacher's own website says he'll drive in Barcelona for Ferrari.

" F1-Live.com

Schumacher back in the Ferrari hot seat
As if to underline that nothing is ever predictable in Formula One, Ferrari announced Wednesday evening that Michael Schumacher is to stand in for the injured Felipe Massa at the forthcoming Grand Prix in Valencia and beyond.
"

Back in 2006 when he last raced, I had barely any F1 interest. Now I have a huge interest, and I cannot believe I'll get to see him race properly!

urban.one
07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Reports seem to say its for the Valencia race. Im not sure you can interpret that to mean Valencia till the end of the season or until something more permanent can get worked out with another driver.

In my original post I forgot to address the test drivers. I dont think either of them will ever see actual F1 action ever.

Now someone give Villeneuve a ride.

snipa_mini85
07-29-2009, 11:46 AM
TSN is reporting MS will take over Massa's seat until he's fit to return.

Chris Elyea
07-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by snipa_mini85
TSN is reporting MS will take over Massa's seat until he's fit to return.

As long as MS passes the fitness test. Should make The Ice Man even more cheerful than usual!

Cos
07-29-2009, 12:29 PM
sweet! Cant wait to see him and hamilton go up against each other.

Originally posted by Chris Elyea

As long as MS passes the fitness test. Should make The Ice Man even more cheerful than usual!

Have you seen that man? He was racing motorbikes as recent as last year. He is in perfect shape to race I think

rage2
07-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh man, who wants to fly to Valencia to catch this??? hahaha it's gonna be soooo epic!

MS injured himself in a bike race a few months back, that's the only concern at this time.

Mibz
07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Oh man, who wants to fly to Valencia to catch this??? hahaha it's gonna be soooo epic! You can buy my tickets instead of paying me $50.

rage2
07-29-2009, 01:11 PM
hahah right....

Anyways, James Allen is reporting that MS can drive the F2008 to get used to an F1 car again. This isn't against the rules.

Ferrari sells old F1 cars to customers to drive around their tracks, so this is 100% allowed.

Which means we'll probably start seeing MS at the track in the next week or so.

DJ Lazy
07-29-2009, 02:50 PM
:nut: :nut:

It's almost surreal that MS is actually going to do this... lol How does it work in the championship then? basically the same as a Alguersauri? 0 points and work up?

Schumi vs Hamilton.... can't wait to see that battle... :D

rage2
07-29-2009, 05:46 PM
^^^ Schumacher gets driver points. Ferrari gets Constructor points.

At this point, even Schumacher can mathematically win the championship starting from 0! haha

Mibz
07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the incoming FIA bullshit designed to allow Schumacher to win the title.

DJ Lazy
07-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the incoming FIA bullshit designed to allow Schumacher to win the title.

Everything else has happened this year.... bring it on! :whipped:

Bladeh
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Will be great to see Schumacher back in F1, even though I hated him for taking Hill off the track when he was with Benetton

Inzane
07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
This is awesome!

For me, given that I only just started following F1 at the tail end of the 2007 season, it's like a child who is just getting into NHL hockey AFTER Gretzky retired and thinking they'll never get to see him play.

Having Schumi come back to Ferrari right now is as epic as that Oilers Classic outdoor game they had a few years ago in Edmonton with all the original dynasty lineup.

iceburns288
07-29-2009, 09:27 PM
I think I just came.

ryanallan
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
i wonder if ferrari will still stop development on the 2009 car ?

i hope they dont, and go for the title !

go red :burnout: :burnout:

Eleanor
07-29-2009, 09:44 PM
:clap:

Ferrari 2009 Constructor Champions :D

Cos
07-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Edit: new thread

Mibz
07-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
This is awesome!

For me, given that I only just started following F1 at the tail end of the 2007 season, it's like a child who is just getting into NHL hockey AFTER Gretzky retired and thinking they'll never get to see him play.

Having Schumi come back to Ferrari right now is as epic as that Oilers Classic outdoor game they had a few years ago in Edmonton with all the original dynasty lineup. Holy shit, my buddy made that EXACT analogy earlier today.

Team_Mclaren
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
now all they need is hakkinen to make a short come back... 13 championships between 5 drivers all in one race!!! fucking epic!!

Canmorite
07-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Awesome. Can't wait to see the man back in action!!

Revhard
07-30-2009, 07:33 PM
This could be amazing. A piece of history for sure. He will be rusty, but how much? He still drives a ton of fast stuff for Big Red.:dunno:
Psyched.:eek:

DJ Lazy
07-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Massa to Return at Valencia?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77434

rage2
07-30-2009, 09:49 PM
If you think you can heal a skull injury in 4 weeks, you're dreaming haha. Sure Massa wants to race. Ain't gonna happen tho.

DJ Lazy
07-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by rage2
If you think you can heal a skull injury in 4 weeks, you're dreaming haha. Sure Massa wants to race. Ain't gonna happen tho.

We got 3 weeks off from F1... Just trying to spread rumors. :rofl:

Mibz
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

We got 3 weeks off from F1... Just trying to spread rumors. :rofl: Back off pal. Dissemination of libelous "facts" is my job.

Chris Elyea
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Hadn't realized that Luca Badoer is 38-years-old! Been a Ferrari test driver since 1998, so he's been waiting a long time for a seat in the show.

Mibz
08-12-2009, 08:28 AM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77621

Here are 10 facts about the Italian

• Luca Badoer's return to F1 means there will now be two drivers in the field who competed in the 1993 season. Both he and Rubens Barrichello made their debuts that year.

• Badoer's promotion to F1 in 1993 came after a title-winning F3000 campaign the year before, where he took the crown with four wins.

• Badoer's F1 return means he will be the oldest driver in the field - taking over that honour from Barrichello. The Italian is currently 38 years old.

• His promotion to Ferrari race seat means Badoer will still only have driven for Italian teams in F1. He has previously raced for Scuderia Italia, Minardi and Forti Corse.

• Badoer is Ferrari's longest serving test driver, having originally begun work for them back in 1998.

• Despite having competed in 48 grands prix, Badoer never scored a point. His best finish was 7th in the 1993 San Marino Grand Prix.

• Badoer's failure to score a point gives him the distinction of being the driver with the most race starts who has not achieved that feat.

• His best grid position is 12th, which he delivered for Minardi at the 1995 Hungarian Grand Prix. In the race he finished 8th.

• Luca Badoer famously broke down in tears at the 1999 European Grand Prix after his car stopped with gearbox failure as he seemed en route to fourth place.

• Badoer's near 10-year gap between his last race at the 1999 Japanese Grand Prix and his return in Valencia is not quite as big as the 10 years and three months between Jan Lammers' races in the 1982 Dutch and 1992 Japanese Grand Prix.

Chris Elyea
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I stand corrected: He's been waiting a long time to get back into the show. I don't remember him, or some of his teams, at all!

According to Wikipedia, he's driven some really, really bad cars. To extend the stats above:
- He was with Lola BMS Scuderia Italia for the full season in 1993
- He was with Minardi for all of 1995
- He was with Forti for the first half of 1996, at which point they folded
- He was back with Minardi for 1999
- He had a ride for 56 races
- He failed to qualify for 6 of those
- He had 2 DNS: Once his car failed to start on the grid and once he was caught up in a collision on the first start and unable to make the restart
- He failed to finish in 25 of the 48 races he started: He spun off 5 times, had 4 other collisions, and the other 16 were breakdowns

What I'm trying to say is I wouldn't stand too close to Luca in a thunderstorm!

Mibz
08-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I imagine that with some experience and a known competitive car they'll be pushing him to do well and he may even hit Q2. If he does I'll gladly take bets as to who he takes out in turn 1.

DJ Lazy
08-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I imagine that with some experience and a known competitive car they'll be pushing him to do well and he may even hit Q2. If he does I'll gladly take bets as to who he takes out in turn 1.

Most likely a Mclaren.. :rofl:

Pacman
08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
I can remember watching him race. There was one race in particular, where he was in 2nd or 3rd place and blew the engine. He got out of the car, slumped over the side and started crying. It was hard not to feel for him, as it was the only time he ever came close to scoring points.

H4LFY2nR
08-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Sheesh, so much hassle over MS getting in the F60. Why didn't they think of this before...lol

Badoer to legally test F60 prior to Euro GP (http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090817101425.shtml)

I wont be surprised when Ferarri says "oops, we accidentally used competition tires, our bad"

Chris Elyea
08-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by H4LFY2nR
Badoer to legally test F60 prior to Euro GP (http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090817101425.shtml)

Ouch! Nice of Lauda to rain on Luca's parade! Nobody's expecting much, but that's a pretty harsh public comment from somebody of his stature. Maybe Niki's PO'd they considered bringing MS back from retirement, but didn't ask him.

bart
08-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I was in Maranello a month ago, and people really really really hate Kimi there, they said if he shows up in town he's a dead man lol

Maybe they changed their tune now though after the accident.