PDA

View Full Version : How slow is the government clearing lien?

Pahnda
07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
So I'm selling a car for my parents, found a guy to buy it and everyone was happy. My parents finished paying out GMAC a month and a half ago so you would figure that they could get their lazy asses to mail a letter. However, when the people did a lien check they found one on there. When we phoned GMAC the stupid lazy cunts haven't even sent it out yet. They sent one out last Friday and I'm wondering how long does it usually take for the government to clear the lien when they actually get it? I'm assuming the government, as usual, is made up of 90% of lazy bastards also, so it'll probably take a while, but anyone have any ideas of exactly how slow they are?

dannie
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
It isnt about how slow the government is, it has to do with GMAC. They have to send a discharge to the registry or personal property. As soon as they send the discharge, it takes less than 2 mintues for the registry to remove it. So get on GMAC and tell them to haul ass.

Redlyne_mr2
07-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Just get yourself a copy of the letter of release, no need to wait for the government. The lien can be removed once the new owner registers the vehicle in their name with the LOR.

sxtasy
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
maybe he's talking about the new post bailout company: Government Motors :dunno:

Pahnda
07-29-2009, 09:51 PM
>>Dannie
Yeah, I was on the phone and said I wasn't getting off the line until they sent it out, haha. So it should have been sent friday.

>>Redlyne
The people at the registry I dealt with were pretty useless then, haha. I have the letter stating it's been paid off as well as the letter of release, but when I asked if they could do it they said we would have to wait for it to clear! Maybe I'll give another registry a call and see if I get a different response.

dannie
07-29-2009, 10:13 PM
You cant take the letter of release to the registry and clear it. The only thing a letter of release will clear is the lease company if it is on the registration. The reason the registry cant release it based on what you bring in, is that you are not a rep for GMAC. They require a signature from them stating that they are to discharge it. That signature stays on file at the registry for 3 years as part of an audit process.

Im sorry man, you will have to wait for GMAC to send it to be released.

Redlyne_mr2
07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by dannie
You cant take the letter of release to the registry and clear it. The only thing a letter of release will clear is the lease company if it is on the registration. The reason the registry cant release it based on what you bring in, is that you are not a rep for GMAC. They require a signature from them stating that they are to discharge it. That signature stays on file at the registry for 3 years as part of an audit process.

Im sorry man, you will have to wait for GMAC to send it to be released.
That's exactly what a LOR is, it's a signed document from the finance company. There is no reason why the registries keep a copy on file.:)

dannie
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
I know that, but the lease co has to sign the discharge papers for the specific control number that is related to the vehicles lien. Totally different set of numbers to discharge it.

** The letter of release states that the lease co has no futher interest in the vehicle. It does not state the control number or the lien number for the vehicle.