PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card balance discrepancy

Diesel2005
07-29-2009, 07:07 PM
So I ran into a situation I've never had before. I decided to pay my balance before I received my statement this month.

The question i got right now, I paid the full amount on July 20th for my balance from June 17th to July 17th.

Then few days later around July 23, I received my statement but it still shows the amount I was suppose to pay between June 17 to July 17. Will BMO know I already paid the June 17th - July 17th balance? The deadline for that statement was Aug 7.

Basically what I'm trying to ask is if BMO know I paid my balance on time.

Carl64
07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, they know. Chances are the bill was printed before the payment went through. I pay my Mastercard whenever and sometimes the statements disagree with online etc.

schocker
07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
I would say it had either not cleared or was in the mail before it cleared. Can you check online to see if it went through?

pf0sh0
07-29-2009, 07:10 PM
I make payments through the internet all the time, I don't even pay attention to the statement I get in the mail anymore. AS stated above, it is printed before your payment is processed.

Diesel2005
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
thank you for all the help.

when i check online it does show my new cleared balance but i just wanted to make sure.

pf0sh0
07-29-2009, 07:19 PM
It might take a day or 2

guessboi
07-29-2009, 10:03 PM

Amysicle
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
If you have a BMO bank account and a BMO MC, you can do account transfers to pay your balance instead of a "bill payment". When you do an account transfer, the payment shows up immediately, where as the bill payment method can take a couple of days to apply.

Zero102
07-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Diesel2005
thank you for all the help.

when i check online it does show my new cleared balance but i just wanted to make sure.

Yup, you are fine. The payment is applied to the oldest items on your bill first. If all items showing on the bill are payed before the payment due date then you are clear. For most of us, that means, if you zero the balance at any time before the payment due date you are good.

Mibz
07-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Amysicle
If you have a BMO bank account and a BMO MC, you can do account transfers to pay your balance instead of a "bill payment". When you do an account transfer, the payment shows up immediately, where as the bill payment method can take a couple of days to apply. Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuu, that's awesome! Thanks!

eblend
07-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
I make payments through the internet all the time, I don't even pay attention to the statement I get in the mail anymore.

Werd, I actually should call and tell them to stop sending me the damn bills, just extra paper to toss