PDA

View Full Version : FOTA Angels?

DJ Lazy
07-29-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77406

Interesting.

ryanallan
07-29-2009, 09:56 PM
i think BMW's decision was about money and resources.
unless FOTA can supply BMW with 100 engineers free of charge, i dont see how they can help.

Team_Mclaren
07-29-2009, 10:07 PM
BMW's problem isnt money or resources, its that they are SUCKING! Its hurting their image

Cos
07-29-2009, 10:13 PM
3 cars would be cool but they would have to monitor that there is no internal team favoritism

Pollywog
07-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
Its hurting their image
And ditching wouldn't do the same?

Team_Mclaren
07-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

And ditching wouldn't do the same?

But just like honda, they used the excuse of the economy downturn, saying that it's no longer feasible to run a team in F1. Which is a complete BS with the up coming cost cutting measures.

Again, they abandoned their 2008 car to get an early start on the 2009 car. Which was highly criticized by the media and their own drivers. And look at where they are right now? they cant even beat Force India.... qualifies on the last row :facepalm:

rage2
07-29-2009, 11:00 PM
BMW didn't use the economy, read up on their press conference.

Dr. Klaus Draeger, member of the board who is responsible for development, said this season's poor results had played a part in the move to quit F1.

"It only took us three years to establish ourselves as a top team," he said. "Unfortunately, we were unable to meet expectations in the current season."
And they wanna go green I guess...

"Premium will increasingly be defined in terms of sustainability and environmental compatibility. This is an area in which we want to remain in the lead. In line with our Strategy Number ONE, we are continually reviewing all projects and initiatives to check them for future viability and sustainability. Our Formula 1 campaign is thus less a key promoter for us."
I'd hate to be on their marketing team trying to spin that shit off.

Basically, insiders have said that BMW had a target to win the championship this year. With them nowhere near, the plug was pulled.

Team_Mclaren
07-29-2009, 11:02 PM
well you're right, they didnt blame it on the economy and pretty much just said they straight out sucked and quit.

Cos
07-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Basically, insiders have said that BMW had a target to win the championship this year. With them nowhere near, the plug was pulled.

sounds about right for a BMW owner to me ;)

Mibz
07-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Cos

sounds about right for a BMW owner to me ;) LOLed harder than I should have.