PDA

View Full Version : SRT crap (i mean 4) vs 03 Cobra

corvettekid
11-04-2003, 08:47 PM
not sure if it's a repost, don't really care. glad to see these little punks get smoked! some punks in the same car tried to race me the other weekend...haha i don't know what they were thinking.

http://home.comcast.net/~svtf150/srtvscobra.wmv

C4S
11-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Sound like you don't like those Neon .... :zzz:

Talies R
11-04-2003, 08:54 PM
I really hope your female, cause your purple corvette is gay :barf:

corvettekid
11-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

hahaha...you're probably the punk i smoked last weekend

kevie88
11-04-2003, 09:01 PM
hmm, I don't think they did that bad at all.. the HP difference in those cars is sick! what is it, 240 v 390? Who did you think would win?

but for the difference in power, the SRT kept up ok!

hjr
11-04-2003, 09:02 PM
meh, i truly dont care who wins this mullet pride competition.

Ebbsvette
11-04-2003, 09:06 PM
ok.....a 98 pace CORVETTE is gay? cmon now.....no corvette is gay...and that vette is very nice...so....dun go throwing around insults

well...there are some "iffy" vettes....but a vette is a vette

btw- the vid is nice....seems about right...hp difference and all

NickGT
11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
very nice vid. 03 Cobra's :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

corvettekid
11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Ebbsvette
ok.....a 98 pace CORVETTE is gay? cmon now.....no corvette is gay...and that vette is very nice...so....dun go throwing around insults

well...there are some "iffy" vettes....but a vette is a vette

btw- the vid is nice....seems about right...hp difference and all

i think my pace car/all 98 pace cars look aweful on paper. i never considered buying one because i thought it was so ugly, untill i saw it in person....no pictures do it justice.

Ebbsvette
11-04-2003, 09:16 PM
yea.....in person they look real nice....seen one myself along with acouple other cool vettes (Callaway, Doug Rippie, Ligenfelter) i love vettes...heh

C4S
11-04-2003, 09:23 PM
That is your Vette ?? pace car ? real ? oh . so nice ! ( even I am not big fan for GM cars ... but .. it is a vette ! )

finboy
11-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

:werd: :rofl:

Originally posted by kevie88
hmm, I don't think they did that bad at all.. the HP difference in those cars is sick! what is it, 240 v 390? Who did you think would win?

but for the difference in power, the SRT kept up ok!

yup, if you want, i can go find the video of the mildly modded srt beating a viper.

googe
11-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Haha, what the hell

The fact that youre even COMPARING an SRT4 to a 03 Cobra speaks alot for the SRT4. It costs like half as much!

Thats like saying vipers suck, because ferraris are faster...

Ebbsvette
11-04-2003, 10:02 PM
man i could go bashing on alot of peoples cars on this forum but i dont.....and you bashing a beautiful corvette is just plain ignorant......i guess you dont respect a car that for the money beats everything.....and im talking about stock....not modded.....rag on it cause its a pace car...ok....id rather drive that pace car than alot of cars ive seen that people drive who bash nice cars like this

finboy
11-04-2003, 10:19 PM
man i could go bashing on alot of peoples cars on this forum but i dont.....and you bashing a beautiful corvette is just plain ignorant......i guess you dont respect a car that for the money beats everything.....and im talking about stock....not modded.....rag on it cause its a pace car...ok....id rather drive that pace car than alot of cars ive seen that people drive who bash nice cars like this

all a matter of opinion, i thought the pace cars were fugly as soon as they came out, even after seeing them in person.

as for fastest in its price range...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0305_cobvet/index4.html
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0305_cobvet/index3.html

not by much, and compare the prices ;)

Ebbsvette
11-04-2003, 10:22 PM
and look... not a Z06....and brand new a z06 is like 55 grand....and a zo6 is way faster, and better handling and braking that a SVT cobra

finboy
11-04-2003, 10:47 PM
the as tested price of that corvette was 56k us, 18 grand more than the cobra.

even if the zo6 is 55k, its still 17 grand more than the cobra. just think what you could do with 17 grand to a motor thats already prepped for forced induction ;)

Ebbsvette
11-04-2003, 10:51 PM
not denying that...but im talking about stock...and for under 60k u cant get better than a vette....if talking about mods for price get a omni...those lil things are wicked.......but no doubt i respect the new cobra...very nice piece of machinery....but...ZO6 is better

NickGT
11-04-2003, 10:52 PM
This wasn't a corvette vs. cobra thread... whats the deal... Both are beautiful cars and properly represent the legacy behind their names.

finboy
11-04-2003, 10:55 PM
not denying that...but im talking about stock...and for under 60k u cant get better than a vette....if talking about mods for price get a omni...those lil things are wicked.......but no doubt i respect the new cobra...very nice piece of machinery....but...ZO6 is better

okay, but then you could extend it to 80,000 and under, and the vette would get squashed, there are really no other $60,000 cars designed to compete with the vette.

the svt costs 17 grand less, and is barely outperformed.

do you really think ford couldn't up the price by a few grand, and blow the vette out of the water?

googe
11-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by finboy

okay, but then you could extend it to 80,000 and under, and the vette would get squashed, there are really no other $60,000 cars designed to compete with the vette.

the svt costs 17 grand less, and is barely outperformed.

do you really think ford couldn't up the price by a few grand, and blow the vette out of the water?

Dont forget the cobra weighs alot, and is already supercharged. Throw a blower on the vette and its in a new league. Its beating the cobra without even beginning to tap the wonders of forced induction :)

*cough*lingenfelter*cough*

illeagle
11-04-2003, 11:16 PM
good video, The SRT-4 did better than i thought.....i miss summer all ready.

markeese180sx
11-05-2003, 03:18 AM
my dad calls vettes "fag cars"

mwmhong
11-05-2003, 09:03 AM
SRT-4 got SPANKED! Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Ebbsvette
11-05-2003, 10:18 AM
yea i know its not a corvette vs mustang thread.....i just do not see the pointless bashing on Corvettekids vette.....and "fags car" right.....so a ligenfelter corvette is a fags car? hah id do anything to own a fully done ligenfelter.....120grand total and there is NO comparison in speed

syeve
11-05-2003, 10:28 AM
SRT-4 did OK...cobra's just got added to my "domestic cars I like list"

finboy
11-05-2003, 07:08 PM
yea i know its not a corvette vs mustang thread.....i just do not see the pointless bashing on Corvettekids vette.....and "fags car" right.....so a ligenfelter corvette is a fags car? hah id do anything to own a fully done ligenfelter.....120grand total and there is NO comparison in speed

tt hennessey?

don't get me wrong, the lingenfelter is a great machine, but it is far from a stock corvette.

for what you get, a stock corvette doesn't seem worth it.

Ebbsvette
11-05-2003, 07:39 PM
throw a Z07 at that tt hennesy...heh

to each his own ya know.....everything has its ups and downs.....just dont go bashing vettes...well you can....but ur bashing 50 years of sports car legacy.....i will defend them and still even the magazines defend them.......to bash somthing so good is ignorance

its like me bashing a import.....which i dont unless the driver is ignorant

googe
11-05-2003, 10:23 PM
I dont think many car enthusiasts familiar with the z06 can say it isnt relatively well engineered for its price...even the ones that dont like it

Maybe Im wrong...

Either way, seeing as they are both V8s, and the NA z06 kills the SUPERCHARGED cobra, its hard to say the cobra even compares...

AND it gets 30mpg hwy :D

Ashkente
11-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Callaway...:drool: :drool: :drool: :D

4wheeldrift
11-05-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by finboy

for what you get, a stock corvette doesn't seem worth it. A regular corvette is a good car but not a really great one, nothing really outstanding about them for how much you pay. The Z06 is in another league entirely however. The Z06 is hands down the best street vette to roll out of GMs factory ever, and it handily beats cars that cost easily twice what it does.

And as for that video, surprising what a difference a thousand pounds of curb weight makes ;) The SRT-4 has a bit more than half the horsepower of the cobra, but it still kept up for the most part.

finboy
11-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by googe

Either way, seeing as they are both V8s, and the NA z06 kills the SUPERCHARGED cobra, its hard to say the cobra even compares...

AND it gets 30mpg hwy :D

but have you seen the 1/4 times of the mustang with very little $$$ in mods? :thumbsup: :burnout:

forced induction from the factory is pimp ass.

SickBastard
11-06-2003, 01:43 AM
There is no comparison.

sputnik
11-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Typical ricer (i understand that the SRT is Dodge but its still 4cyl FWD)... thinks his 4 cyl is hot... until he realizes that hes completely spent after second gear

syeve
11-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Typical ricer (i understand that the SRT is Dodge but its still 4cyl FWD)... thinks his 4 cyl is hot... until he realizes that hes completely spent after second gear

So a ricer is anyone who drives a 4cyl fwd? interesting...

Talies R
11-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Ummmmmmm ok. Rug pilot.

googe
11-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Haha, yeah

No 4 cylinder could ever beat a cobra...

:rolleyes:

ImportGOD
11-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Haha no 4 cylinder can beat a cobra? Well..

If you mean any stock 4 cylinder well duh...but I am assuming you mean any modded 4 cylinder.

You can take a type R engine and mod the shit out of it and make it 450 hp. Which (when the turbo activates) would rape the cobra. But ofcourse it would cost a lot but not impossible. Oh and a Nissan Skyline GT-R would rape both the cobra and the vettes you are talking about. I have a lot of respect for Cobras and Vettes but to bash imports like they have nothing, no thanks...

Also, another car that would put up a fight against a Cobra would be a Lancer Evo...320 hp for the Evo VIII would be close as goes the Subaru Impreza WRX. I own a 1997 Acura Integra Type-R with 310 hp (have dyno paper to prove it). So, when it comes to domestics vs. imports no one wins, there are equal competitors in every category.

When comparing the Vettes price range to other cars you have missed a key import. The toyota supra (base price 50,000 roughly) 500 hp....go to www.suprastore.com to see what you can get for the price of a vette. Vette is a lengendary car with a shit load of power, but it doesn't compare to a 1000+ hp supra for 70,000.

Ok I'm done my speech thanks ;)

rogue
11-18-2003, 10:15 PM
after so many years of watching 4 cylinders beat anything from a mustang to a ferrari how the hell could you say something like that. The sti is 4 cylinder as well as evo and if you speak modded vehicles there is no limit. Street driven civics running high 11 sec quarters is nothing to smock at and that was 4 yrs ago. Technology is the only substitute for cubic inches a wise man once said:D .

403Gemini
11-19-2003, 12:27 AM
i like all cars, fuck i drive a saturn. ive seen 12 second saturns so its true ANY CAR can be fast with enough coin